• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

S1 paper6 how was it????

Reaction score
sse2010 said:
yes they were mutually exclusive bcuz P(QandR)=0...but they were not independent

no...it wasn't mutually exclusive..
P(Q)...was probability of getting the product of 2 no.s 24
and..
P(R)...was.. one or both the numbers greater than 8 (am I correct??? =s...??)
so in that case when we get 12 and 2....we get the product 24 which is satisfied by P(Q) as well as P(R)
so i dont think they were mutually exclusive....!

Reaction score
anamsohail said:
sse2010 said:
yes they were mutually exclusive bcuz P(QandR)=0...but they were not independent

no...it wasn't mutually exclusive..
P(Q)...was probability of getting the product of 2 no.s 24
and..
P(R)...was.. one or both the numbers greater than 8 (am I correct??? =s...??)
so in that case when we get 12 and 2....we get the product 24 which is satisfied by P(Q) as well as P(R)
so i dont think they were mutually exclusive....!

P(R) was BOTH numbers greater than 8. So YES, they were mutually exclusive. lol, editted that, sorry my bad.

Reaction score
Well no they were mutually exclusive... Mutualy exclusive means having no outcome in common and that is what was there. !!!
P(Q) was product 24 which u cud get by (2,12) (3,8) and (4,6) . None of which is present in P(R) which said both the number should be greater than 8 !!

Reaction score
ashhadazam said:
It was pure ownage :D Me onwing the paper :p !!! Behtreen paper hua yar !! and almost everyone in our centre did well :/

what was your answer to the last question's last part? Thats the only part thats causing me some confusion, ppl got such diff answers!

Reaction score
It was not that bad for me.......an "OK" paper I must say (pure maths was worse) .......I proved the E(X) - the probabilities were sometin like 1/7......can't remember exactly.......The only bit I'm not that sure bout is the last question - permutation n combination.......I remember doin sometin like 1*8C1.......sometin - not sure........

Reaction score
ashhadazam said:
ANd they were independent too !!! Because event 2 wasnt affected by event 1

how were they independant! If they were, P(Q) x P(R) would equal P(Q intersection R) which you found is zero (mutually exclusive). This was obviously not the case, P(Q) x P(R) was giving a normal probability, not zero. Hehe sorry to burst your bubble, ashhadazam, but methinks your paper is slowly starting to become "un-great". :p

Reaction score
yeah man no need to confirm the 3 values in the prob dist table in that duck question. well yeah they were wat ur getting. if u had E(x)= 8\7 proved ur values r rite.

Reaction score
ahahah.. lol !! even if i get that wrong it would still be great :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

P(Q and R) = P(R) x P(Q)

Mutually exclusive mai P(Q|R) = 0 thats y we get P(Q and R) = 0 !!

so i stick with the probablities being independent :p

Reaction score
MashALLAH my paper wnt really goood......... was a bit different but mine went awesome.... did it in 45 mins.........

they were mutually exclusive.......... not independant........... last ques last part was 14........ bcz if there were three card and th pink and green were not together then they should be on the sides........ and it could start with green or with pink ..... and the choice for the remaining one would be 7C1........ so the ans was : 2*(7C1)= 14.............

Reaction score
Kaer123 said:
Here are my answers or part of them:

5) Not independent not mutually exclusive

ANYONE PLZ CONFIRM :D
it was mutually exclusive for sure

Reaction score
ajmaeen said:
MashALLAH my paper wnt really goood......... was a bit different but mine went awesome.... did it in 45 mins.........

they were mutually exclusive.......... not independant........... last ques last part was 14........ bcz if there were three card and th pink and green were not together then they should be on the sides........ and it could start with green or with pink ..... and the choice for the remaining one would be 7C1........ so the ans was : 2*(7C1)= 14.............
y r u using C? v had to arrange them too.... but nvm, 2 marks only!