• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Salt/Qualitative Analysis for P3 Chemistry

Reaction score
How do you guys manage your time during the practical? For some reason, I can't help but panic sometimes.

Reaction score
How do you guys manage your time during the practical? For some reason, I can't help but panic sometimes.
My only advice which works really well with me is to read the whole question before starting and when it comes to titration, do it only once but do t accurately from the beginning and then manipulate the other results to make a table, making many titrations is a wastage of time! And since there is no enthalpy so we are lucky for that!
Qualitative analysis will be easy too ^.^
Good luck

Reaction score
My only advice which works really well with me is to read the whole question before starting and when it comes to titration, do it only once but do t accurately from the beginning and then manipulate the other results to make a table, making many titrations is a wastage of time! And since there is no enthalpy so we are lucky for that!
Good luck
Do you know what's coming,any guess?

Reaction score
Good luck

can you please message me about the variants p32/31 chem so that i can have any idea through guess..

Reaction score
When we invert the measuring cylinder in upward delivery, we have to fill it all with water, but when it's upside down, the bottom of the cylinder is ungraduted, like mine is below 25 cm3. So, any gs which collects in first 1 minute, is unable to be measured accurately. So for that, if I fill it only till 225 cm3, would it be fine? or will the air/oxygen at the top, will disturb our results?

Reaction score
what color changes of different indicators and oxidising/reducing agents should we have memorized for the practical?

Reaction score
When we invert the measuring cylinder in upward delivery, we have to fill it all with water, but when it's upside down, the bottom of the cylinder is ungraduted, like mine is below 25 cm3. So, any gs which collects in first 1 minute, is unable to be measured accurately. So for that, if I fill it only till 225 cm3, would it be fine? or will the air/oxygen at the top, will disturb our results?
Yeah mine is the same but I believe they will just ask for the final total volume of gas and not at intervals. Yes the air at the top will disturb your results so you have to fill it till the top.

Reaction score
I'm guessing we have to invert a measuring cylinder filled with water into a tub full of water. But how do we invert it such that no air bubbles enter the cylinder :confused:

Reaction score
I'm guessing we have to invert a measuring cylinder filled with water into a tub full of water. But how do we invert it such that no air bubbles enter the cylinder :confused:
There is a huge apparatus for that so it comes accurate!

Reaction score
Plz could anyone calculate the enthalpy change for this question using the values already given It's urgent !!!image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 5