• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Self-studying for CIE A Level Physics practicals

Reaction score
I am a mature student planning to sit CIE A Level Physics (9702) exam. Generally, I have not had problems with understanding physics and will be able to prepare for theoretical papers through self-study, but two practical papers of this exam make me worry. I almost did not have any laboratory experience while studying at school, and there are no CIE (or other UK exam boards) courses in my country, which I could attend. The course syllabus stresses that learners cannot be adequately prepared without extensive laboratory work during their course of study.

So my question is: is it possible to prepare for papers 3 and 5 of CIE A Level Physics through self-study and to achieve A* on this exam? I am sure that I am not the only one in such a situation and would be grateful for any advice.

Reaction score
idk abt p5
but p3 needs some practice in the lab
however the last 8 marks question maybe done without practice too
if u do loads of past papers