• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Shab-e-Miraj and Shab-e-Baraat..It's not right.

Reaction score
Are you sure the hadith which talks about the 15th night of Shaban is unacceptable?

Yes...positive, i must say...because many of us indulged deep into this topic, and found no sources...even if we weren't sure, it would've been a doubt..and according to authentic narrations, the Prophet (PBUH) advised us that if we're in a doubt, we must leave it.

Reaction score
In Bangladesh, Shab-e-Barat is a national holiday. Do Pakistanis also get national holiday on 15th Shaban? I'm just curious..........

Reaction score
Yes...positive, i must say...because many of us indulged deep into this topic, and found no sources...even if we weren't sure, it would've been a doubt..and according to authentic narrations, the Prophet (PBUH) advised us that if we're in a doubt, we must leave it.

well, they say tht the weak hadith which u will all be acquainted of has been reported by 10 diff transmitters in smae time ofcourse and this may suffice to remove the weakness (may be not fully but still)

Reaction score
well, they say tht the weak hadith which u will all be acquainted of has been reported by 10 diff transmitters in smae time ofcourse and this may suffice to remove the weakness (may be not fully but still)
When Imam Trimizi himself quoted Imam Bukhari that the hadis is zaeef, and both of them did not include the hadis in their books, then who are we to say otherwise?

Reaction score
When Imam Trimizi himself quoted Imam Bukhari that the hadis is zaeef, and both of them did not include the hadis in their books, then who are we to say otherwise?

weak hadiths have many reservations though its still not confirmed fabricated hadiths.Like i said before in the abv post,i think the real essence of tht night has been somewht showed in tht post of daredevil.U must see that why has it been accepted by majority and i mean an overwhelming majority,u say Allah guide our ulemas(Though some i know everyone will agree r quacks,not real),who r u now to say that(no offence really)Ofcourse as community we will never "Agree on errors" right..u r probably acquainted with this saying of Hz muhammad(S.A.W).The moderate way is that the major belief and concept of this night holds true,the many newly advent traditions like making "Halwa" ,firecrackers and some others i dont remember right now are however the or can be said as biddat,sadly coz they r concentrated more on than the real essence ,to this extent it may hold true.but the night itself is truly a blessing.If u look at its wikipedia u can see tht Al shafi and other scholars have made extra offerings of prayer acceptable.Ofcourse,this site wud be extremely cautious to enter confirmed stuff and indicate doubtfulness as when necessary.being said tht ofcourse its a night of blessings and special offerings are arranged but as of nowadays giving preference to other innovations rather than the required is indeed wrong.Like i said the real essence must be understood and u cant just barge in and tell tht its completely wrong.Pray with earnest to Allah,do feel this night as special and a promise for later on.Thats it

Reaction score
weak hadiths have many reservations though its still not confirmed fabricated hadiths.Like i said before in the abv post,i think the real essence of tht night has been somewht showed in tht post of daredevil.U must see that why has it been accepted by majority and i mean an overwhelming majority,u say Allah guide our ulemas(Though some i know everyone will agree r quacks,not real),who r u now to say that(no offence really)Ofcourse as community we will never "Agree on errors" right..u r probably acquainted with this saying of Hz muhammad(S.A.W).The moderate way is that the major belief and concept of this night holds true,the many newly advent traditions like making "Halwa" ,firecrackers and some others i dont remember right now are however the or can be said as biddat,sadly coz they r concentrated more on than the real essence ,to this extent it may hold true.but the night itself is truly a blessing.If u look at its wikipedia u can see tht Al shafi and other scholars have made extra offerings of prayer acceptable.Ofcourse,this site wud be extremely cautious to enter confirmed stuff and indicate doubtfulness as when necessary.being said tht ofcourse its a night of blessings and special offerings are arranged but as of nowadays giving preference to other innovations rather than the required is indeed wrong.Like i said the real essence must be understood and u cant just barge in and tell tht its completely wrong.Pray with earnest to Allah,do feel this night as special and a promise for later on.Thats it

Just because the majority does it does not make it right, brother. The celebration of such a night is Bid'ah. Because it is believed that this is the night in which Allah re-writes the Qadar-kismat-. << This is the belief that is wrong. The Qadar is written once the rooh is blown into the developing fetus when it is still in the mother's womb.
Yes, Du'ass and prayers do change Qadar, but not specifically on the night of the 15th of Sha'ban. It can happen anytime and anywhere. And first of all, Wikipedia must be the last site to trust when it comes to islamic matters as this. Second, if Imam Shafi' did recommend extra prayers, he did nothing wrong, we need the prayers so we can pray as much as we want. BUT extra nawafill on this night only is absolute bid'ah and that is what i am trying to say.

Reaction score
As i said before, if you want to convince me, give me some hadith....... you know what barat means in arabic? " it means "bezari ka ezhar kerna" so kindly tell me what does shab e barat mean............. furthermore, the topic is being covered more in detail here
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/shab-e-baraat-authentic-or-not.28077/#post-623582

Reaction score
Reaction score
That's Bara-atu...not Baarat..do you think it's the same?
i am telling this to you from an authentic book.........and it says that there is no mention of this word anywhere in the quran except there..........so that's our only source.........and it's meaning is glumness according to the book

Reaction score
i am telling this to you from an authentic book.........and it says that there is no mention of this word anywhere in the quran except there..........so that's our only source.........and it's meaning is glumness according to the book

Glumness? Which book are you referring to, brother? I'm not trying to prove you wrong or anything..it's just that the translations all say the Bara-ah is immunity from sins and evil...at least that's what i noticed...

Reaction score
Glumness? Which book are you referring to, brother? I'm not trying to prove you wrong or anything..it's just that the translations all say the Bara-ah is immunity from sins and evil...at least that's what i noticed...
k i think i was translating it wrong from Urdu :eek: Just confirmed from my mother, and she (she teaches quran tafseer) is telling that it means that Allah is not "responsible" for the mushrikeen anymore. Sorry, may Allah forgive me

Reaction score
k i think i was translating it wrong from Urdu :eek: Just confirmed from my mother, and she (she teaches quran tafseer) is telling that it means that Allah is not "responsible" for the mushrikeen anymore. Sorry, may Allah forgive me

Haan...ye ziada sehi lag raha hai..mashAllah...ur mom teaches tafsir? May Allah reward her! :)
And yes..in shAllah Allah forgives us for our short-comings...

Reaction score
Haan...ye ziada sehi lag raha hai..mashAllah...ur mom teaches tafsir? May Allah reward her! :)
And yes..in shAllah Allah forgives us for our short-comings...
-_- you know urdu
asal mai book mai likha hua tha bezari, and i translated it to glumness :eek: But my mother just cleared that it is not in that sense

Reaction score
-_- you know urdu
asal mai book mai likha hua tha bezari, and i translated it to glumness :eek: But my mother just cleared that it is not in that sense

jee..i know urdu :p
Yeah...my urdu translation skills are very weak too..:p

Reaction score
Just because the majority does it does not make it right, brother. The celebration of such a night is Bid'ah. Because it is believed that this is the night in which Allah re-writes the Qadar-kismat-. << This is the belief that is wrong. The Qadar is written once the rooh is blown into the developing fetus when it is still in the mother's womb.
Yes, Du'ass and prayers do change Qadar, but not specifically on the night of the 15th of Sha'ban. It can happen anytime and anywhere. And first of all, Wikipedia must be the last site to trust when it comes to islamic matters as this. Second, if Imam Shafi' did recommend extra prayers, he did nothing wrong, we need the prayers so we can pray as much as we want. BUT extra nawafill on this night only is absolute bid'ah and that is what i am trying to say.

who does the community get guidance frm,the imams or religious and learned scholars,right?.so how u can say that,as i said there r reservations among the many imams abt this,there have been debates but what u dont get is the intention behind it,if u say the majority of community is wrong then u negate the hadith i quoted abv and also this"avoid the branching path and stick to the general community".Now dont say that the community and the scholars in that can be wrong. Cant our duas be granted special status in this night like in Al qadr night.Imam shafi did say tht extra prayers are perfectly acceptable if though exclusively on this night well ofcourse i do agree that u have to be consistent ,i mean that is the essence like its a promise for later on and giving exclusive preference to this over other Farz prayers on this day or night for tht matter is however a biddah or disobedience to be more precise.If u say like this then the friday prayer is a biddah in accordance with what u say,do correct me if m wrong, coz u do see masses of people giving exclusive preference to this prayer rather than others too though the friday prayer has been given unique importance in the quran but what about the others,so as per ur last statement ,it is rather a very wrong trend and a bidat as u may see(last line).Do correct me if u see something wrong.
btw we r cool,right?

Reaction score
As i said before, if you want to convince me, give me some hadith....... you know what barat means in arabic? " it means "bezari ka ezhar kerna" so kindly tell me what does shab e barat mean............. furthermore, the topic is being covered more in detail here
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/shab-e-baraat-authentic-or-not.28077/#post-623582

u just contradicted urself,..regarding the former,well, i quoted tht hadith abt the community right,u cant just say that on ur own,as i have said its a very debatable and has been an always debatable topic.so according to my thinking,i dont completely deny this night though some of the many innovations r however wrong,U want a Ahadith,well,if it were to be tht simple coz u simply say tht u want a sound Ahadith,it wud have been rejected quite a milenium ago.it aint that simple,got that....just think how did this root enuf to be observed by the majority within the presence of the learned ,not now but ages before as well.some things in it may be wrong but the major belief is frm wht i think stands correct.(As always,do correct me if m wrong(thru valid reason this time))
btw ,we r cool bro,right?