• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Shab-e-Miraj and Shab-e-Baraat..It's not right.

Reaction score
*le me be a batameez bacha :p
Uncle aap zyada molvi na banain,aapki asliyat sab kai samnay lai aaoon gi. :D
Mind it.
lol, asliat........... ruko zara sari qom ko mai us chat mai add kerta hun.....and is thread pe na shuru ho, new shuru ker lo apni asliat pe :D
Don't ruin this thread. Asliat ke lie new thread bna lo :p saron ko tag ker lena

Reaction score
yar i told you i am not debating on this anymore........though what the is saying as biddah..........don't you see any difference in Hazrat Umer and yourself when you say tarawih is biddah?

about that Airab wala part, nothing NEW was introduced in the quran, in the religion.........you can't classify that as biddah?

and yar aap ko hazar dafa kaha hai ke its no sin to just pray on that night....lekin jab intention specifically ye ho ke ye khas raat hai, phir Allah hadayat de, cuz it is something new in the religion

Lastly, bhai mai Imam Bukhari se relate ker raha hun, and i think he is the best authority on this.

Peace.

din,t u read the last comment-__-
i know its not a sin to pray tht night,ofc(wht gave u tht idea), but u know taking tht night specially,thts wht bothering .right
My point was tht varying and contradicting opinions r present,tht last comment which says he read it and took it frm a motabar book.
tht wht i was trying to say when i said "aint tht simple"(now i hope u got it).But frm wht i think and say yup the 3rd comment(relatively smallest of all) is right (forgetting tht biddah part) the praying and the related part (even specifically on tht night) is right.Do again clarify your point abt Imam bukhari(rehmatullah alaihi) tht is any hadith,.k
Not at war i.e to say peace(dude u dont even need to write tht)

Reaction score
Shabb-e-Miraj and Shabb-e-Baraat..is it right?

Shaab-e-Miraj:

I don’t really know much about this celebration that is done, except the fact that it is celebrated because Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) had undergone the night journey – Israa and Miraj -, and that the 5 daily prayers were prescribed to him from Allah (سٌبْحَانَهٌ وَ تَعَلَى).
The other day, I was watching television and I saw that the majority of the Islamic leaders had believed that our Rasul (PBUH) had ascended the seven heavens that night and had met Allah (سٌبْحَانَهٌ وَ تَعَلَى). I believe it till this part…but the scholars went on to say that he met Allah face to face. This is the error…a grave one because it goes against what the Prophet described. Yes, Rasulullah (PBUH) had met Allah (سٌبْحَانَهٌ وَ تَعَلَى) and yes the prayers were prescribed to him from there, but NO! The Prophet (PBUH) said that there was a point in which Angel Jibreel stopped to accompany him saying that he was not to move ahead of where they were and that the Prophet had to go alone and talk to Allah. Between the Prophet and Allah (سٌبْحَانَهٌ وَ تَعَلَى) was a veil, which means that the Prophet (PBUH) had not seen Allah’s Face but had only talked to him from behind a Veil.
This is one part of the belief which I want to correct. Another is the celebration itself. It is Bid’ah- an innovation- to our Deen and every Bid’ah, leads to harm, and every harm leads to the Hell Fire. I have searched through almost every Hadith book and nope, I had not found a single proof that the Prophet (PBUH) had celebrated his night nor that his companions (May Allah have mercy on them) had celebrated it during his lifetime or after his death. And some of us might not even believe what I am saying, but my Muslim brothers and sisters..both, you and I know that now, a question mark regarding this topic has been made deep somewhere in our hearts…and the Prophet (PBUH) said that whenever you have a doubt over something, you leave it. Either way, please stop practicing such things.
We might follow what our parents tell us, Brothers and Sisters, yes we might. And there’s no doubt that no child would ever want to correct the beliefs of his/her parents..but my fellow Muslim Brothers and Sisters, when it comes to Islam, when it comes to Deen, there’s no big and no small. There is only proof and no proof, right or wrong. And because there’s no proof what so ever that Shaab-e-Miraj must be celebrated, we must’nt… Instead, we must enjoin good and forbid evil.

Shaab-e-Baarat:

I’ve searched deep into the reason why we celebrate Shaab-e-Baraat. One thing I’d tell you once again, is that it’s Bid’ah.
From all my research, I gathered that this night is celebrated due to the widely held belief that Allah(سٌبْحَانَهٌ وَ تَعَلَى) Writes the Qadar on this night, therefore, we pray all night and make a lot of Du’aas. No, brothers and sisters, there’s an authentic Hadith in which the Prophet (PBUH) says that when the Rooh is blown into a developing fetus in the mother’s womb, four things are written down:
1.Its sustenance
2.Lifespan
3.Deeds
4.And whether he/she will be miserable or happy (i.e. whether he/she will dwell in Paradise or Hell-Fire)
Bukhari and Muslim

So the Qadar (Kismat) is written long before we even enter the World. Yes, Du’aas and good deeds can change the our Qadar, but what I am trying to say over here is that Allah (سٌبْحَانَهٌ وَ تَعَلَى) does choose that one night of 15th Sha’ban to Write our Qadar. No, this widely held belief is wrong and must not be practiced.

Du’as can be accepted at any time, anywhere, no matter what the occasion and no matter what the situation. Yes, if there’s one night, about which both the Qur’an and Sunnah agree upon, in which any prayers will be answered, it is the night of Qadar: in other words, Layla-tul-Qadar. This is the night about which a Surah has been revealed and the night about which our Messenger (PBUH) said that it is blessed.
Even about Lyla-tul-Qadar, many hold a belief that it will come on the 27th of Ramadan. This is also not right. In fact, this night can come at any odd night in the last ten days of Ramadan, during which we pray the Qiyam-ul-Layl.

So my Muslim brothers and sisters, if I said anything wrong up there, please correct me. If you found any authentic narration on the celebration of the two nights I mentioned above, please feel free to share it, for I would like to correct my own beliefs if they are wrong.
May Allah (سٌبْحَانَهٌ وَ تَعَلَى) guide us to what’s right and keep us on the right track, may our hearts open up for acceptance and may ignorance no longer prevail…may we all enter Jannah-tul-Firdaus with all of our sins erased and may we be able to maintain and re-establish this ever-lasting bond of brotherhood in our Ummah…aameen..

Thank you very much for reading thisJ

Salam!! Well, I PRAY FOR THE AUTHOR OF THIS PIECE OF WORK, WITH ALL MY HEART, THAT , May '' Know-it-All" live a happy and blessed life,both in this life and in the hereafter! May Allah the Almighty,bless ' Know-it-All' with His Countless mercy and forgiveness!! Ameen. You must be wondering, that why am I praying for 'Know-it-All like this. Its because,he/she said the complete truth! There is no such thing as Shab-e-Barat and Shab-e-Miraj. These are totally Bidah. May ALLAH ALWAYS PROTECT the Ummah of the Holy Prophet(Peace be upon him)! Ameen

Reaction score
Salam!! Well, I PRAY FOR THE AUTHOR OF THIS PIECE OF WORK, WITH ALL MY HEART, THAT , May '' Know-it-All" live a happy and blessed life,both in this life and in the hereafter! May Allah the Almighty,bless ' Know-it-All' with His Countless mercy and forgiveness!! Ameen. You must be wondering, that why am I praying for 'Know-it-All like this. Its because,he/she said the complete truth! There is no such thing as Shab-e-Barat and Shab-e-Miraj. These are totally Bidah. May ALLAH ALWAYS PROTECT the Ummah of the Holy Prophet(Peace be upon him)! Ameen

Wa 'alaykumussalam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu...Aameen..
Jazakillahu Khair for your priceless prayers, Sister..you have instantly induced love for yourslef in my heart..i am glad i have completed the truth and May Allah protect and bless you twice of everything you have prayed for me..May you be rewarded the best of the blessings in this life and in the Hereafter, and may Allah give you a chance to spread Islam in the best and most appropriate manner along with the rest of the Rasool's Ummah!

Reaction score
A
Wa 'alaykumussalam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu...Aameen..
Jazakillahu Khair for your priceless prayers, Sister..you have instantly induced love for yourslef in my heart..i am glad i have completed the truth and May Allah protect and bless you twice of everything you have prayed for me..May you be rewarded the best of the blessings in this life and in the Hereafter, and may Allah give you a chance to spread Islam in the best and most appropriate manner along with the rest of the Rasool's Ummah!
Ameen

Reaction score
shab e barat is a night of great importance no doubt! but the ones who are saying that it if u pray with the intention of this one night being the reason ur prayers are heard by Allah are unfortunately not on the right track.
just keep in mind that u need to pray to Allah constantly everyday, all the time. it's the weight in ur Dua'a that matters and not the night when u ask for it except some nights like Laila-tul-Qadr wen it is authenticated by Ahadith that u are rewarded more for praying than on other nights.
actually the Diwali festival of the Hindus is their 'day of nijaat' and they used to make sweet dishes and make noise and *patakhay* and all that kind of stuff and we started following them on this for our own night of nija'at but it's not right.
just abstain from the Hindu traditions that we seem to have picked up in almost every aspect of our lives (like on Basant too) and pray with the intention of making your Allah Almighty happy and ask for His forgiveness and that is all that really matters.

how is it of great importance then?

Reaction score
how is it of great importance then?

Salam. Shab-e-Barat doesnt exist. So how could something have importance,which itself is fake?? Its all a new addition in the book of Islam, written by those who don't know Islam. When Shab-e-Barat comes, dont take any notice of it. Pray and worship, which you do daily, not with regards to the night being the night of Shab-e-Barat. No need of doing extra things, because if you do, you will be out of the fold of Islam. And, we dont want that,do we?? Hope you understand. May Allah guide us all! Ameen