• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Short Story Competition

Reaction score
The car broke down in the midst of nowhere. Just a tall, shattered guest house stood by the fields far off in the distance, surrounded by nothing but gloom. It wasn't safe in the car, my business demanded isolation. Picking up the briefcase, I paced towards the only building in the area. Climbing the steps, I sensed something following me, something breathing softly as if smiling along. Ignoring, I softly pushed the door open. Surprisingly, the hall was lit up with many lights. Something to cheer about, I thought, as I moved towards the reception. Something caught my attention though, a blood stained cloth on the shelf right behind the reception. Just as I shifted my stare towards the cloth, a man blocked my line of sight. "How can I help you?" He asked, with as heavy a voice as it could be. "I need a room for a night". He handed me the keys, and pointed upwards, without uttering a single word. I smiled at what he did. He was acting like me. Climbing the steps, I heard a news broadcast. Someone was watching TV in the corridor. It was a woman, watching something intently on the screen. "Serial Killing Is Becoming Common In These Areas Of The Country, And..." said the broadcaster, before the TV was killed behind my back. I heard the important part though, "Serial Killing!". Suddenly, the lights went out. I stood in the corridor alone, guessing the next move. The receptionist came out with a torch, but something else too. A butcher knife! The woman appeared out from the front, with a chain and a big smile! "You might have guessed about us, so we thought we shouldn't keep you waiting.." She said, still smiling grimly. I sighed. Two hours later, the car engine chirped to life again, and moved off into the distance. The broadcaster was talking about me!

ye btao... why were the ones who were going to be killed providing all the weapons? :p
ps... who was being killed?

Reaction score
ye btao... why were the ones who were going to be killed providing all the weapons? :p
ps... who was being killed?
" He handed me the keys, and pointed upwards, without uttering a single word. I smiled at what he did. He was acting like me."
He knew their moves, because "He was acting like me."
Aur He had a briefcase too :p Uskay andar were his weapons

Reaction score
" He handed me the keys, and pointed upwards, without uttering a single word. I smiled at what he did. He was acting like me."
He knew their moves, because "He was acting like me."
Aur He had a briefcase too :p Uskay andar were his weapons
huh? :confused: u said she bought the chain ryt?

Reaction score
Ok my story coming up soon. I am not a short story writer but i'll try to put a good plot here. Taimoor some of your stories have been copied and published with your name in my magazine as we agreed :D