• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Siblings..................................devil or angel???

ktc

Reaction score
They may be the most annoying, most frustrating and the worst kind of midgets that you've share your home with but at the end of the day what counts is the fact that you can't imagine your life without them twenty years from now. <3
^ So true!

I remembered something when I read your post. Just felt like sharing it.

Ever since I was in elementary school, my parents made sure me and my sister take seats nearby each other. So that we wouldn’t be uneasy in class and fit in more quickly. And there was never one class where we didn’t sit by each other or go anywhere without one another. Even If I had to use the bathroom, my sister tagged along with me.

By the time we were in the third grade, my English teacher decided to change our seats just for that day. I felt like a part of my heart had been ripped out, as if a little part of me died inside, when she asked me to get up and sit two benches away from my sis.

I was emotionally upset because she was ‘separating’ us. Despite that, I listened to my teacher; walked quietly across the classroom and sat two benches away.

My teacher realized my face was getting red and my eyes all teary, and before you know it, I started crying. Well actually more like sobbing and hiding my face, so that no one sees.

My teacher smiled and walked up to me, bent down to my level, kind of picked me up, then looked me in the eye and said, “Sweetheart, I’m not trying to separate you from your sister, I’m just trying to make you realize you can make friends with other people too, and not keep sticking to your sister! She’s right there after all. You can still see her.” My sister turned around and smiled but I knew she was kinda upset too.

Then my teacher said, “When you both get married someday, Insha’Allah, are you simply gonna leave your husband and run to your sister, just because you’ll be away from her?”

I smiled. Didn’t really understand what she meant back then, but it made me feel better.

Then she gave me a chocolate and asked me to sit by one of my friends I know, but not near my sis. :p

When I recall that memory today, it’s actually pretty funny. Cuz there isn’t a day that goes by without picking on each other for fun, but I’m sure life wouldn’t have been the same without her.

We’re twins, btw. :)