• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Statistics S1 post your doubts here

Reaction score
ughh....cant believe im asking this now....but what are outliers? how do we calclulate
Outliers are the values in a given data which too high or low and are outside the upper or lower fence of the data
Upper fence: Q3+1.5× (Q3-Q1)
Lower Fence: Q1-1.5×(Q3-Q1)
And values above the upper fence and below the lower fence are considered as outliers.

Reaction score
Ohhhh yes!!! I got itnow! Thank you soo much! :) but I have a last question how do wefind the midvalue or this range? <40. ,<50,
The probability of placing each one of the coloured tile (Let's take an example of black) is 1/3.. right? The second tile must not be black, therefore: P(Not black) = 1 - 1/3 = 2/3.
The first tile could be any one of the three tiles, so the probability is 1 (Just for the first tile). The next seven tiles have the probability of 2/3.

Hence, the total probability becomes.. 1 * (2/3)^7 => 0.0585
The probability of placing each one of the coloured tile (Let's take an example of black) is 1/3.. right? The second tile must not be black, therefore: P(Not black) = 1 - 1/3 = 2/3.
The first tile could be any one of the three tiles, so the probability is 1 (Just for the first tile). The next seven tiles have the probability of 2/3.

Hence, the total probability becomes.. 1 * (2/3)^7 => 0.0585

Reaction score
Ohhhh yes!!! I got itnow! Thank you soo much! :) but I have a last question how do wefind the midvalue or this range? <40. ,<50,
I hate this part of statics
19.5 and 44.5
if there is a x is less than sigh
like here it means 40 is NOT included and so we use a number less than it
here 39/2 and 49+40/2

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys....by the way what do to make a probability distribution table?

A list of all the possible values of the discrete random variable X, together with their associated probabilities, is called a Probability Distribution.
The sum of the probabilities of all possible values of discrete random variable X is 1

i.e. EP(X=x)=1 or Ep=1

p is the hand for P(X=x)

I used E instead of "sum of"