• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Statistics S1 post your doubts here

Reaction score
You are finding the probability where all are separated but we have to find where all are not together. This can be done: All possible - All vowels together
For together: 8! × 4/2!2!=40320
Subtract this from the total ways.
7C2 or 7C1 cannot be used as 2 or 3 E's are already chosen so remaing are 4 not 7.
When 2 are chosen, it will be 4C2 for remaining are 4C1 when all 3 E's are chosen.
What is the difference between separated and not together ?? no difference
noo they are choosing 4 letters from all and 2 are already there from the four ??
I am not convinced with what u said can u explain more ???
Thankss

Reaction score
Reaction score
What is the difference between separated and not together ?? no difference
noo they are choosing 4 letters from all and 2 are already there from the four ??
I am not convinced with what u said can u explain more ???
Thankss
NOT ALL next means there can also be 2 or 3 together, whereas you are finding where all are completely separated.
When 2 E's are chosen, 2 are already there. Now we have to choose rest of 2 from the 4 which are not E's
When 3 E's are chosen, only 1 has to be chosen from the rest of 4.

Reaction score
NOT ALL next means there can also be 2 or 3 together, whereas you are finding where all are completely separated.
When 2 E's are chosen, 2 are already there. Now we have to choose rest of 2 from the 4 which are not E's
When 3 E's are chosen, only 1 has to be chosen from the rest of 4.
ohhh okaaaii ,Thank youu alooot
I think your mad of me :p sorry :)

Reaction score
You are finding the probability where all are separated but we have to find where all are not together. This can be done: All possible - All vowels together
For together: 8! × 4/2!2!=40320
Subtract this from the total ways.
7C2 or 7C1 cannot be used as 2 or 3 E's are already chosen so remaing are 4 not 7.
When 2 are chosen, it will be 4C2 for remaining are 4C1 when all 3 E's are chosen.

Could you please explain me why it is 8! x 4/2!2! instead of 8! x 4!/3!? Thank you!

Reaction score
why do you wanna do that o_O
No it can't be
you have 4 china and 6 plastic
you can't even find them all separated
Plastic China Plastic china plastic china plastic China plastic
now where will the last plastic cup go?
so no
even if you had a question which you could do that why would you wanna do that?