• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The Best Novels ...

Reaction score
Dan Brown is like only BEST DAMNED writer there is! <3 <3 i have read each one of his books and they are all completely awsum!! the lost symbol was a master piece!! <3
ooooh i didn't know the date its coming out on.... oooh i'll save money to buy that one now :D :D thanks for telling.... i knew he wsa writing one but didnt know abt the date

I've read and re-read all his books many times :D
True.. The lost symbol was epic!

Reaction score
dan brown is the GOD of writing novels..... the way he cathces the details and the way he shows his ULTIMATE knowledge of every damned thing is just inspirational!! i mean really it must make other writers feel small... i know it does me! He's one hell of a writer!! <3

Reaction score
hahha.... wow i'm surprised i never heard of those giants but i really havent.... wat genre do they work with?
you haven't heard of TOLKIEN? :coffee: lord of the rings? rings any bells? :p

george r r martin has not gained as much popularity yet, but you must have heard of the game of throne season on HBO. it is based on a series of novels, that is a song of ice and fire, written by him :)

Reaction score
you haven't heard of TOLKIEN? :coffee: lord of the rings? rings any bells? :p

george r r martin has not gained as much popularity yet, but you must have heard of the game of throne season on HBO. it is based on a series of novels, that is a song of ice and fire, written by him :)
uuh ok now i know why i havent heard of them bcz I didnt WANT to!! :O :p man u're such a dude ... i wud never read lord of the rings OR game of thrones!! :O *ewww* :p and i guess there's stuff that i'd read that u wudn't go near :p so ew're kinda even on that one.
but i love Harrryy Potter so i'm not a total aginst-the-boys-books person ;) Harry Potter is like supeer awesum.... like u can read it again and again and u never get tired bcz every time u read it u find out something new that u didn't notice before, and u know that book is written with such composure that Rowling just reveals that much and all the other stuff u just make up ur own stories and figure stuff out and no matter how many times u read it u just figure out more stuff :D

Reaction score
uuh ok now i know why i havent heard of them bcz I didnt WANT to!! :O :p man u're such a dude ... i wud never read lord of the rings OR game of thrones!! :O *ewww* :p and i guess there's stuff that i'd read that u wudn't go near :p so ew're kinda even on that one.
but i love Harrryy Potter so i'm not a total aginst-the-boys-books person ;) Harry Potter is like supeer awesum.... like u can read it again and again and u never get tired bcz every time u read it u find out something new that u didn't notice before, and u know that book is written with such composure that Rowling just reveals that much and all the other stuff u just make up ur own stories and figure stuff out and no matter how many times u read it u just figure out more stuff :D

:cry::cry: when girls state it in such a matter of fact way that they don't like lotr, i can't believe it... I mean it's such an awesome novel, and people just stick to the modern romance, lovey dovey novels :cry::cry: i'll just quote the sunday times, and won't say anything else "the English-speaking world is divided into those who have read The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit and those who are going to read them."

about the hp series, of course it is great. Rowling is a master at making plots, adding twists, introducing characters, etc......still i did not like the 7 part, felt like it was rushed a bit too much

Reaction score
:cry::cry: when girls state it in such a matter of fact way that they don't like lotr, i can't believe it... I mean it's such an awesome novel, and people just stick to the modern romance, lovey dovey novels :cry::cry: i'll just quote the sunday times, and won't say anything else "the English-speaking world is divided into those who have read The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit and those who are going to read them."

about the hp series, of course it is great. Rowling is a master at making plots, adding twists, introducing characters, etc......still i did not like the 7 part, felt like it was rushed a bit too much
hahha well u just like wat u like now :p and heyy slow down there Mr. Hobbit!! my most favourite genre is not lovey dovey novels and that. sure i read them some but they are not to kil for on my part. i like suspense and murder thrillers most... who knows wat i'll like after high school's over and all but up until now that is my fav genre man! :D sure there is always some romance stuff invoolved in the real good murder thrillers and suspense novels but u get wat u get ryt? ;) Agatha Christie used to be my choice but her suspenses are too neat for my taste.... i like Sandra Bown and Karen Robards and Greg Iles better

umm yeah well i liked 7th part but if u ask my opinion 6th part was like THE best thing!! too bad they made the worst movie evvar for that part :/

Reaction score
hahha well u just like wat u like now :p and heyy slow down there Mr. Hobbit!! my most favourite genre is not lovey dovey novels and that. sure i read them some but they are not to kil for on my part. i like suspense and murder thrillers most... who knows wat i'll like after high school's over and all but up until now that is my fav genre man! :D sure there is always some romance stuff invoolved in the real good murder thrillers and suspense novels but u get wat u get ryt? ;) Agatha Christie used to be my choice but her suspenses are too neat for my taste.... i like Sandra Bown and Karen Robards and Greg Iles better

umm yeah well i liked 7th part but if u ask my opinion 6th part was like THE best thing!! too bad they made the worst movie evvar for that part :/

Ok Mrs Langdon :p still you are missing one of the greatest literary pieces :p About the thriller part, do try John Grisham's novels, specially the firm, the pelican brief... also, you should try a prisoner of birth by jeffrey archer (although the plot is taken from a count of monte cristo, it is still awesome :) )

and yeah, the 6 part was the best indeed, with the 5 one being a close runner up :) Can you suggest any good novel? i know now you don't like fantasy, so any in the thriller genre?

Reaction score
Ok Mrs Langdon :p still you are missing one of the greatest literary pieces :p About the thriller part, do try John Grisham's novels, specially the firm, the pelican brief... also, you should try a prisoner of birth by jeffrey archer (although the plot is taken from a count of monte cristo, it is still awesome :) )

and yeah, the 6 part was the best indeed, with the 5 one being a close runner up :) Can you suggest any good novel? i know now you don't like fantasy, so any in the thriller genre?
umm i tried to read Jeffery but realized i was not that high up the mystery ladder after all :p llol so no not jeffery or grisham for me...
umm well to kill a mocking bird is a good book but its more of a classic and thought process than murder and stuff....
and i would reccoment Liza JAckson, Sandra Brown and Karen Robards but i'm thiinking u won't be into them becuase despite the awesome plot and great thriller they have a little love dove mixed up but u ought to try a Sandra Brown. i can even reccommend some books and if u don't like it then that s fine :p
other than them well David Baldacci is awsum.... the first thriller i read was The Winner by David Baldaci and it was a real page turner and inspired me towards murder mysteries :)

Reaction score
umm i tried to read Jeffery but realized i was not that high up the mystery ladder after all :p llol so no not jeffery or grisham for me...
umm well to kill a mocking bird is a good book but its more of a classic and thought process than murder and stuff....
and i would reccoment Liza JAckson, Sandra Brown and Karen Robards but i'm thiinking u won't be into them becuase despite the awesome plot and great thriller they have a little love dove mixed up but u ought to try a Sandra Brown. i can even reccommend some books and if u don't like it then that s fine :p
other than them well David Baldacci is awsum.... the first thriller i read was The Winner by David Baldaci and it was a real page turner and inspired me towards murder mysteries :)

:eek: then how in the world you read Dan Brown, if you can't read those two guys?
i don't mind a touch of romance, as long as it does not become a major part of the plot.... I'll try out the winner.....Right now, the real torture for me is that Inferno is coming out, and i am sitting for my CIEs :cry::cry:

Reaction score
:eek: then how in the world you read Dan Brown, if you can't read those two guys?
i don't mind a touch of romance, as long as it does not become a major part of the plot.... I'll try out the winner.....Right now, the real torture for me is that Inferno is coming out, and i am sitting for my CIEs :cry::cry:
ooh Dan Brown is a different story... his plot is increasing and technical and to a great extend u learn some major stuff from it ... i guess thats the one major reason i like him so much...
ooooh yeah i know!! :O but then again c its coming on 14th may and not in Pakistan for sure like not that soon... so by the time the book reaches Pakistan our exams will be over and we'll grab the first copy of it that we can get our hands on and give it a read and a thousand :D i have been waiting for that book for sooooo long now!! :D

Reaction score
ooh Dan Brown is a different story... his plot is increasing and technical and to a great extend u learn some major stuff from it ... i guess thats the one major reason i like him so much...
ooooh yeah i know!! :O but then again c its coming on 14th may and not in Pakistan for sure like not that soon... so by the time the book reaches Pakistan our exams will be over and we'll grab the first copy of it that we can get our hands on and give it a read and a thousand :D i have been waiting for that book for sooooo long now!! :D
i am gonna pre order it on readings....don't know when it would arrive though :(

Reaction score
i am gonna pre order it on readings....don't know when it would arrive though :(
ohh their service is good.... thats awsum if u do that ! (y)
my friend ordered sme books from them and they came in like within 3 working days i think :D but she was in Lhr so it depends on ur location i guess

Reaction score
ohh their service is good.... thats awsum if u do that ! (y)
my friend ordered sme books from them and they came in like within 3 working days i think :D but she was in Lhr so it depends on ur location i guess
3 in lahore.....meaning a lot more for me, i live in multan.....and then theres the problem about when they will get their hands on the book.......i mean they won't have it until a few days after the release date.....right?