• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The Movie Times. Best or Worst Movies!

Reaction score
Re: The Movie Times!!!

I WANT A HORROR MOVIE THAT IS ACTUALLY SCARY!!!!!!!!!!! nt a single movie has been scary enough 4 me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the ring
ringu
kairo
the woman in black
psycho
the shining

try thses and tell me if ur not scared

Reaction score
well i have specific movies for each genre in no order so my list is

Super-Hero
1.Watchmen
2.The Dark Knight Rises
3.The Dark Knight
4.X-Men First Class

Drama
1.A Separation
2.Take Shelter
3.About Elly
4.Slumdog Millionare
5.The Blind Side

Western
1.The Good The Bad and the Ugly
2.True Grit
3.Dances with Wolves
4.The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Animation
1.Persepolis
2.Toy Story 3
3.Spirited Away
4.Coraline

Horror
1.Ringu
2.The Shining
3.The Woman in Black
4.SAW( Only 1, the rest were just garbage tortue p***)
5.The Blair Witch Project
6.Peeping Tom

Comedy
1.Mrs Doubtfire
2.Shaun of the Dead
3.Airplane!
4.Horrible Bosses
5.Naked Gun series

Thriller
1.Psycho
2.Scream
3.The Departed
4.The Butterfly Effect
5.Shanghai
6.Gangs of Wesseypur I and II

Mystery
1.Inception
2.Black Swan
3.The Ring
4.Memento
5.The Departed

Action
1.Terminator 2 Judgement Day
2.The Raid Redemption
3.Dredd 3D
4.Ben Hur
5.Skyfall and Every Sean Connery Bond film except Live or Let Die
6.Sucker Punch
7.Drive
8.First Blood
9.Predator( The original version)
10.The Bourne Trilogy

Romance
1.Titanic
2.WALL-E
3.Casanova
4.Forrest Gump
5.Amelie

Fantasy
1.Lord of the Rings Trilogy
2.Pan's Labyrinth
3.Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Crime
1.Godfather Part I and II
2.Se7en
3.The Silence of the Lambs

Sci-Fi
1.Aliens
2.Prometheus
3.Star Wars
4.Back to the Future
5.District 9
6.The Hunger Games
7.2001: A Space Oddessy
8.Rise of the Planet of the Apes
9.Contact

Sport
1.Million Dollar Baby
2.Warrior
3.Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India
4.Rocky

P.S: THESE ARE THE MOVIES I CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW SO I MIGHT ADD MORE LATER TO THE LIST MORE MOVIES.

EDIT: Movies i hated are

1. New Moon and above. Twilight was just okayish.Kristen Stewart just wants to make me kill her SAW style and i dont this is what we call romance people

2.Transformers series. Seriously even the action and CGI were really boring

3.Any Jason Staham Movie. He cant act and they are all the same. He might as well be a NASCAR driver. Drive was a much superior film at every single level than all of his movies combined.

4.Terminator 3 and Salvation. Im sorry but i think James Cameron doesn't give a bull about the once excellent movie series and at least he had nothing to do with Salvation

5.Modern Satire Movies. They just aren't funny anymore. Only people who lost every function of their brain cells would enjoy these films such as Disaster Movie or Meet the Spartans and now the upcoming The Hunger Games spoof.

6.Modern Horror Films. It is now very rare to find any good horror film these days and there have been a few gems this year such as Sinister and the Possession but the rest are just taking notes from the Friday the 13th movies accordingly to their blood and gore and dirty s** and nudity scenes.

7.The Sixth Sense. I know i might get a lot of backlash for putting this movie but hear me out. When Bruce Willis' character *SPOILERS* realizes he was dead all this time, how in the hell did he not figure this out when we are first introduced to his character. How the hell did he continue his life for this long to only realize he was dead at the end of the film.This is a huge plot-hole and why the Oscar people did not see this questions their choices.

8.Avatar. WOW was this film overrated. Well first of all the plot entirely stolen from dances from wolves and pochahuntas. The acting was not so special except for Sigourney Weaver as Dr. Augustine. The Visual effects and cinematography are very pretty but overdone and that's the movies best quality.Cliched story and predictable ending, i seriously do not see what is so special about this movie.

9.Star Wars 1-3. George Lucas has now destroyed an excellent Sci-Fi Trilogy with the prequels and removed the essence that made it Star Wars. Maybe just maybe Disney might do better to the series than he ever did by the prequels by making episode VII.

There are more films but these are what i remeber

Reaction score
Better yes, but then I think they did a pretty good job with it. They should have prolonged the ending and stretched it out a bit to get in more details, but ah well.
we do have catching fire and mockingjay part 1 and 2 so lets find out when they come out. 11 november 2013 is tooo long to wait for it! :(

Reaction score
Hmm yeah but the 'HYPE' was only created by newbies who only really read the book after the film adaptation came out. :/
For them, it was like the 'twilight craze' all over. I read the series three years ago :p
Yeah 'The Avengers' made more revenue than Deathly Hallows in its opening weekend! O.O
if we compare a quality of something by sales then Justin Bieber is the best male singer and Kesha is the best female singer and Mcdonalds is the best restaurant in the world

Reaction score
Maybe from your point of view. Hunger games was simply too stupid. I mean, poor people cannot afford slippers but can afford all sorts of new technology. And advanced people can easily project dogs and trees but not food for the poor. Great!
Pirates of the carrebean was awesome because of Johnny Depp and his awesomely funny character :D
Actually the rich had actually seized power from the poor who had rebelled against the Capitol. Now that the 'rich' were in control again they held the games as a reminder to the rebels of the extent of their power & what they were capable of. So no one had second thoughts of rebelling against them again.

Reaction score
Actually the rich had actually seized power from the poor who had rebelled against the Capitol. Now that the 'rich' were in control again they held the games as a reminder to the rebels of the extent of their power & what they were capable of. So no one had second thoughts of rebelling against them again.
There you have it! :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
All that explanation is in the novels... the thread's about movies. :)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
MAN OH MAN was that movie the EPITOME OF EPICNESS!
The Dark Knight Rises was AMAZING, MIND-BLOWING, STUNNING, SPECTACULAR - THE BEST OF ALL THE SUPER-HERO MOVIES I'VE SEEN!
Damn, you guys should see it, those of you who haven't seen it yet. I'm so gonna see it again.

Reaction score
MAN OH MAN was that movie the EPITOME OF EPICNESS!
The Dark Knight Rises was AMAZING, MIND-BLOWING, STUNNING, SPECTACULAR - THE BEST OF ALL THE SUPER-HERO MOVIES I'VE SEEN!
Damn, you guys should see it, those of you who haven't seen it yet. I'm so gonna see it again.
actually i think watchmen gives the dark knight rises competition in this genre and i agree it is a MASTERPIECE. plus one must not only judge it from the action only. the acting was excellent for everyone and was shocked that anne hathaway would be that good. i mean she pulled of a heath ledger but not on that level but close indeed. the atmosphere and music score perfect for the batman movies , dark and just EPIC. story very engaging and interesting with a solid plot and excellent character development. anyway be sure to watch watchmen and then compare and critic both films with an analysis and whatever rating system u think is right.

Reaction score
The Hunger Games.
It was not good.
Not good at all.
Not what I expected it to be.
It SUCKED :O

IT WASTED MY PRECIOUS TWO HOURS =@
app_1_362523483777671_804.gif
in what way did it suck?

Reaction score
"The Adventures of Tintin" - 9/10
The quality of the animation is beyond extra-ordinary. The best I've ever seen. Better than Disney Pixar, I tell you.
well they used motion capture so its not fair and were not eligible for oscar nomination in the best animation category or any category for that matter.

Reaction score
Death Race 1 AND 2 :D 9/10
The adventures of TinTin :) 8.5/10
Despicable me! (i know i am an idiot for watching it so late but it was EPIC) 9.25/10
Final Destination 1 8/10
Final Destination 2 8.5/10
Final Destination 3 9/10
Final Destination 4 8.5/10
Final Destination 5 YET TO BE WATCHED :p
Barney 10/10 :ROFLMAO:

u actually like final destination 3 and 4 o_O and death race o_O. seriously. 1 and 2 were much much better than 3 and 4. 1 and 2 would be 7.5/10 and 3 6/10 and 4 3/10.