• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Theoretical Physics!

Reaction score
sigh i have a same dilemma i want to go in to field of chemistry. i love it and i am good in it too. but the same pressure of parents :/ they saying what will you do in it. saying do mechanical engineering while i have no physics understanding :/

Reaction score
Einstein was no genius as we think he was. he spent more than 2 years doing nothing but thinking same thing, that if every velocity is relative why isn't light's velocity is constant? it was his determination that made him what he is.

true...:)

Reaction score
So did u take an IQ test? If yes,which?

Yes I have taken several IQ tests.....mostly online...you have to take many and then calculate your average IQ, because these online tests are not always reliable. One of the online tests I personally like are these ones:http://intelligence-test.net/
..Try test 1 and 5. My average on 1 was 17 and on 5 was 14.
The real IQ test which I gave was when I was 14, WISC. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wechsler_Intelligence_Scale_for_Children
I got a score of 135 on that.

Reaction score
IQ testing isnt anythng real.....When Einstein's IQ was determined when he was young, people said that he wouldnt amount to anythng.

Reaction score
It is not about being a physicists, it is about being THEORATICAL physicists.
I love to be THEORATICAL physicists and probably physics need young people like us.
But for that, u should keep one thing in mind, this Wont be carrier for earning but for interest. U will end up teaching in a university uf u are lucky enough. If do it from top universities and publish some papers u can hope to get gud job in CERN or fermi lab.
My plan is to learn maths and physics by myself doing my own freelancing. One day I will inshallah publish a revolutionary paper.
Dont talk about CERN. Ive had a big time dream of workign there. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. But as im not becoming a physicist tau definitely not going there

Reaction score
Yes I have taken several IQ tests.....mostly online...you have to take many and then calculate your average IQ, because these online tests are not always reliable. One of the online tests I personally like are these ones:http://intelligence-test.net/
..Try test 1 and 5. My average on 1 was 17 and on 5 was 14.
The real IQ test which I gave was when I was 14, WISC. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wechsler_Intelligence_Scale_for_Children
I got a score of 135 on that.
how do you give WISC?

Reaction score
thementor you can come in engineering if not theoratical physics
for eg i am going for aeronautical engineering
you can try to convince your parent how saturated doctors are already present

Reaction score
thanks dude, for the advce, my parents suprisingly agreed
:D so u going for theoratical pyhsics now
might i suggest that instead of taking a straight path as in bsc msc and phd all in physics or theoratical physics
first get a bsc in any engineering you like and then take theoratical physics as a specialization
it is possible to do so and then you wont have to worry about job

Reaction score
:D so u going for theoratical pyhsics now
might i suggest that instead of taking a straight path as in bsc msc and phd all in physics or theoratical physics
first get a bsc in any engineering you like and then take theoratical physics as a specialization
it is possible to do so and then you wont have to worry about job

thanks...actually that's a brilliant idea. :)
and no my parents agreed to engineering...not theoretical physics...they wouldnt let me choose anythng...only medicine...but they agreed to engineering....but still not theoretical physics

Reaction score
thanks...actually that's a brilliant idea. :)
and no my parents agreed to engineering...not theoretical physics...they wouldnt let me choose anythng...only medicine...but they agreed to engineering....but still not theoretical physics
so which engineering will you choose?
and once you establish yourself in engineering you can easily go for phd in any physics related branch so it does not matter at all at the moment

Reaction score
so which engineering will you choose?
and once you establish yourself in engineering you can easily go for phd in any physics related branch so it does not matter at all at the moment
I dunno yet...sometimes i thnk fluid dynamics would be good,or mechanical eng....wt do u thnk

Reaction score
I dunno yet...sometimes i thnk fluid dynamics would be good,or mechanical eng....wt do u thnk
fluid dynamics is pretty obscure
mechanical engineering has quite a scope and includes fluid dynamics
by the way aeronautics is also excellent for fluid dynamics, you wont be seeing liquid dynamics but you will do gas in plenty of detail
do post your final choice (y)

Reaction score
you any good in computers?
you would need that very very much if you going for aerodynamics or fluid dynamics
there is no such thing as fluid dynamics anymore
now it is "computational" fluid dynamics

Reaction score
you any good in computers?
you would need that very very much if you going for aerodynamics or fluid dynamics
there is no such thing as fluid dynamics anymore
now it is "computational" fluid dynamics

yeah I am good in computers, I am fluent in about 7 programming languages, if that's what you are asking....Ill post my decision...once I have confirmed it...... :)...If I may ask, are you an A levels Student?