• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Tips for Chemistry Practicals (P3)

Reaction score
how to calculate the percentage error? in my mock i Did 0.05 multiply by 2 (as two reading from burette) and divide by hundered mulitply by the Reading of burette but i got zero. marks.

Reaction score
Here's another question. How many significant figures are to be used in calculations and in table of data??

Reaction score
Two more questions on Chemistry paper 3:
when we use a different method of molar calculation than the one given in the marking scheme, and our answers are correct, do we get the marks then??
Second question, this might sound silly but, do we have to learn the table of test for ions?? :D

Reaction score
when we use a different method of molar calculation than the one given in the marking scheme, and our answers are correct, do we get the marks then??
Second question, this might sound silly but, do we have to learn the table of test for ions?? :D
You dont need to learn the table for the tests of ions. Its always given!

Reaction score
memorizing them will help u to save time though, but it is always given its all up to u if u wanna memorize it or not and for the first question u asked i was gonna ask the same question and i also want to know how to draw a line of neutralization to determine the volume used blabla on the graph? do uk how?

Reaction score
i usually mess up my question paper and it get stained with various chemicals (thanks to the fact that out lab is always crowded and people are always borrowing stuff from u ) so will i get any sort of deduction for that
and also u said that we can ask for new chemical if we think that they are not right and then one more thing u said that do not take more the 45 min to do the salt analysis so should we do that question first and then head on with the second question

Reaction score
can any 1 explain me what is a rough titration!!!!
given in 2011 may/june.
aoa wr wb
it's like u just add the solution from the burette faster...and roughly get to know where's the end point... instead of adding drop by drop..
so if ur rough titre is around 23 for example..
then when u do it next, an accurate one..u can add 20 cm^3 directly..and then start to add drop by drop

Reaction score
aoa wr wb
it's like u just add the solution from the burette faster...and roughly get to know where's the end point... instead of adding drop by drop..
so if ur rough titre is around 23 for example..
then when u do it next, an accurate one..u can add 20 cm^3 directly..and then start to add drop by drop

this question involved a lot of calculations....
practical doubt 1.jpg

this is from the year 2011 may/june.......

Reaction score
Can any1 tell me the Hess's Law formuale, the enthalpy change formula !!!!!
because 2011 may/june second question involved a lot of it !!!!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
been asking the same question. but no one is answering?
That's not allowed on the forum..(asking about what's coming) so better be careful..!

P.S. I've deleted all such posts, asking for what's coming up...cuz I don't really intend to lock this helpful thread..