• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Very Important Regarding English Paper 2

Reaction score
rafae said:
So Intel and Ahsan,
these were your answers?

What two things did Hassan do for Amir before the betrayal? [2]
i) Ironing Amir's clothes
ii) Making breakfast for Amir

What was the change in Hassan's behaviour after Amir's betrayal? [2]
Left the ironed clothes there and prepared breakfast before Amir arrived and now, they both could not talk.

Is that what you guys wrote? Or something similar to that.
Yes that is almost the same as what I wrote :D

Reaction score
I hope so! I desperately need that A* in language considering my paper 1 had not gone well :( and paper 2 was just okay

Reaction score
It cant be the answer as the next question( the fully explain one) clearly has the answer which you guys wrote in the first question. Cambridge will and never provide a question which have the same answers!

Reaction score
rafae said:
Look, my point is this:
There asking what two things Hassan did for Amir did before the betrayal?
If you write
he talked
[ii] he waited for him

then this is a repetition for the second question in a way, your talking about how hassan didn't talk to amir in the second question. It would be almost the same answer, and that NEVER happens.
That's my point.

Yes that is so true. I don't think CIE would want almost the same answers for the different parts of the same question :)

Reaction score
Soulgamer said:
It cant be the answer as the next question( the fully explain one) clearly has the answer which you guys wrote in the first question. Cambridge will and never provide a question which have the same answers!
Yes ! :D

Reaction score
you guys are ignoring the before the betrayal part. Maybe part b was a trick ques?

Reaction score
abc123 said:
you guys are ignoring the before the betrayal part. Maybe part b was a trick ques?

Leaving the question aside lets just talk generally. Lets put emphasis on the every morning part. Its common sense that Hassan used to talk to him every morning as well as in the evening or so. I think and believe part B required that answer. Maybe the first part was a trick question, you may never know. :twisted:

Reaction score
but preparing his breakfast and ironing his clothes was also something he did everyday and continued to do it after the betrayal as well.

For passage 1, what were the two opinions? I wrote that The Tea Classic is a fascinating read and the second one I wrote that The Tea Classic is the single greatest influence in China but the second one now seems wrong

Reaction score
That he prepared breakfast for Amir and he ironed his clothes. Everyone in my school has written this. Lets just pray to Allah that all our answers are accepted :%)

Reaction score
Soulgamer said:
That he prepared breakfast for Amir and he ironed his clothes. Everyone in my school has written this. Lets just pray to Allah that all our answers are accepted :%)

For which part?

Reaction score
What school are you in? Yeah, and wait for the marking schemes to be published to solve this confusion. A long wait!

Reaction score
abc123 said:
but preparing his breakfast and ironing his clothes was also something he did everyday and continued to do it after the betrayal as well.

For passage 1, what were the two opinions? I wrote that The Tea Classic is a fascinating read and the second one I wrote that The Tea Classic is the single greatest influence in China but the second one now seems wrong
For the 2 opinions I wrote what the "myths" told us since they are not known to be true since they are myths:p
1.Tea has restorative powers
2.Chewing tea leaves helps to keep one awake
(These are not facts. Tea is a stimulant is true but its restorative powers is an opinion)
I am not sure though :cry:

Reaction score
True, a long wait indeed. I'm from roots. and Ahsan I wrote that for the first part of the first question.

Reaction score
intelnehalem said:
abc123 said:

For the 2 opinions I wrote what the "myths" told us since they are not known to be true since they are myths:p
(These are not facts. Tea is a stimulant is true but its restorative powers is an opinion)

Intel i seriously don't wanna dissapoint you but I'm not sure about this answer.

Reaction score
Soulgamer said:
intelnehalem said:
abc123 said:

Intel i seriously don't wanna dissapoint you but I'm not sure about this answer.
I know :(

Reaction score
you could be correct, you never know! these types of questions always have 3 to 4 answers

Reaction score
Soulgamer said:
you could be correct, you never know! these types of questions always have 3 to 4 answers
Yeah! I should hope for the best ! What were your answers btw?