• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Very Important Regarding English Paper 2

Reaction score
where did you get that definition for milled? it means to move in a circle. If i am not mistaken the sentence was milling on the periphary of my life or something similiar to that

Reaction score
v. milled, mill·ing, mills
v.tr.
1. To grind, pulverize, or break down into smaller particles in a mill.

This can translate to broken apart in the context of the passage

Reaction score
but this meaning doesn't apply with respect to the sentence in the paragraph.

Reaction score
Btw the second passage was about deducing the answers from understanding the passage.. There wasn't even a single question which asked to pick the facts. Our bad luck. :(

Reaction score
abc123 said:
but this meaning doesn't apply with respect to the sentence in the paragraph.
so it means he circled about the boundary(periphery)of his life
so still I believe milled is correct since it shows that there was minimal interaction between Hassan and Amir :)

Reaction score
Cambridge truly deceived us. The specimen paper was damn easy. I went into the examination hall with full confidence and as soon as I reached the comprehension part, my confidence was shattered!

Reaction score
well then it would mean that broken into pieces on the periphery of his life. that sounds wrong.

Lets just wait for the marking scheme. Till then there can't be a consensus.

Reaction score
Soulgamer said:
Cambridge truly deceived us. The specimen paper was damn easy. I went into the examination hall with full confidence and as soon as I reached the comprehension part, my confidence was shattered!
Yes ! The paper was truly a surprise since the specimen paper was the easiest comprehension I've seen from CIE and the paper we got was one of the toughest papers ever! :(

Reaction score
Soulgamer said:

Same here :cry:

Reaction score
abc123 said:
well then it would mean that broken into pieces on the periphery of his life. that sounds wrong.

Lets just wait for the marking scheme. Till then there can't be a consensus.
if we put Circled then it would be he circled on the periphery of his life :(

Reaction score
abc123 said:
well periphary means boundary and boundary means to limit something.
boundary also means something like the edge (extreme end) of something(periphery means perimeter of something too )

Reaction score
4hsan786 said:
Guys anyone of you taking First Language Urdu?

I can barely deal with urdu as a second language and you are giving it as a first language? WOW!

Reaction score
abc123 said:
4hsan786 said:
Guys anyone of you taking First Language Urdu?

I can barely deal with urdu as a second language and you are giving it as a first language? WOW!

It is my first language so i'm giving it as a first language. :p