• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Very Important Regarding English Paper 2

Reaction score
KaneHell said:
The Passage 2 was taken from Pakistani novel,that mean they cant even write a story of 600-700 words lol
Honestly there would be no point in their writing a story, when they could easily obtain one. Cambridge always uses magazine articles, book excerpts etc. for these papers. Also if you read the copyright at the back of the paper it credited the novel.

About the paper: The two opinions were:
1. "The Tea Classic" is a fascinating book.
2. There is no better pick-me-up than a cup of tea.

The two words were:
Periphery and Inundated

The summary had 15 points exactly as always.

All three statements were false.

All the other questions were extremely easy. At my center the paper was thought to be quite easy and most people did very well especially in Paper 1.
There are usually 20+ content points in the marking schemes :p It is not exactly 15
There can always be more opinions
:)

Reaction score
True but there were only around 15 concrete points. Most of our students wrote 15 and the remaining points written were usually sub-points.

Reaction score
Jinkglex said:
The passage went in the direction of saying he found his clothes ironed and folded already indicating that the ironing was still being done. That is why, im pretty sure, saying ironing clothes was wrong.
Secondly, the passage showed that he had "a boiled egg and toast" waiting for him when he sat at the table. That is why, breakfast was also being made.

Im pretty sure what was NOT done anymore were matters of intimacy and caring, namely:

1) Hassan no longer waited for Amir before he started ironing
2) Hassan no longer talked to Amir.

Totally right

Reaction score
no.mercy said:
Jinkglex said:
The passage went in the direction of saying he found his clothes ironed and folded already indicating that the ironing was still being done. That is why, im pretty sure, saying ironing clothes was wrong.
Secondly, the passage showed that he had "a boiled egg and toast" waiting for him when he sat at the table. That is why, breakfast was also being made.

Im pretty sure what was NOT done anymore were matters of intimacy and caring, namely:

1) Hassan no longer waited for Amir before he started ironing
2) Hassan no longer talked to Amir.

Totally right

These are the answers to 1b.

1a Answers were:

1) He waited for Amir
2) He talked to Amir while ironing.

Reaction score
You guys have got the questions all wrong.

The question was not:
"What did Hassan do for Amir before the betrayal?"

It was:
"What did Hassan do for Amir every morning?"

The answers were:

1. He made his breakfast.
2. He ironed his clothes.

The second part referred to the change in his routine after the betrayal:

The answers were:

1. He no longer waited for him.
2. He no longer talked to him.

Reaction score
KaneHell said:
You guys have got the questions all wrong.

The question was not:
"What did Hassan do for Amir before the betrayal?"

It was:
"What did Hassan do for Amir every morning?"

The answers were:

1. He made his breakfast.
2. He ironed his clothes.

The second part referred to the change in his routine after the betrayal:

The answers were:

1. He no longer waited for him.
2. He no longer talked to him.

I think you got it wrong, The question was "What two things did Hassan do Amir for every morning before the betrayal" This was the question. I clearly remember it.

Reaction score
Kane, everyone has their own opinion.
Although I have the same answers as you, it doesn't mean we are always right.
And I don't think the word you are stating was correct as periphery; I think the word was uncertainly.
Although I may be incorrect, there are several arguments to prove my point. There may be for you too.
And lastly, the summary did not have "sub-points", it had 21 solid and concrete points, check all the specimen papers, what seems like a sub-point usually isn't, it's just how we tend to decipher and label them as 'sub-points'. All 21 were well and solid, although I only got 19.

Reaction score
I somehow agree with KaneHall. Because if this was not the case, the answers would have repeated... and whats the point of asking 2 questions which have same answers ?

Reaction score
arguements on the English Paper is just useless..!!! There r so many papers waiting ahead to give us creeps..!! We should better concentrate on it.. May Allah BLess us with A* in all subjects that we r appearing for... Best of luck..!!

Reaction score
rafae said:
Kane, everyone has their own opinion.
Although I have the same answers as you, it doesn't mean we are always right.
And I don't think the word you are stating was correct as periphery; I think the word was uncertainly.
Although I may be incorrect, there are several arguments to prove my point. There may be for you too.
And lastly, the summary did not have "sub-points", it had 21 solid and concrete points, check all the specimen papers, what seems like a sub-point usually isn't, it's just how we tend to decipher and label them as 'sub-points'. All 21 were well and solid, although I only got 19.
Yes ! I got 21 points too :) I thought I messed that up lol
and about that question 1(a) no one will no the correct answer until we get the marking schemes!! I still believe it is KaneHell's answer since the question clearly said tasks- that is the only part I remember about the question lol :p

Reaction score
I know na.
Just hope the percentile isn't too high.
My paper 1 was excellent. Paper 2 still doubtful.

Reaction score
rafae said:
I know na.
Just hope the percentile isn't too high.
My paper 1 was excellent. Paper 2 still doubtful.
:D Hope all of us gets good grades !
btw for the report what was the correct format? :)