• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Very Important Regarding English Paper 2

Reaction score
I am terrible at it, can't help it. I am praying that I get atleast a C in the urdu paper.

Reaction score
Guys help me regarding the last question !

Barely - Hardly
Preoccupied - Keeping one self busy or Distracted
Beamed - Glowing or Smiling
Bursts - Explosion
Mingled - Mix or Blend

How much marks?

Reaction score
XainJaffery said:

Barely - Hardly
Bursts - Explosion
Mingled - Mix or Blend

How much marks?

I also attempted the same and wrote the meanings same aswell. Except, bursts i wrote glimmers as its meaning. I guess both are right!

Reaction score
XainJaffery said:

Barely - Hardly
Bursts - Explosion
Mingled - Mix or Blend

How much marks?

4/5 as you wrote the literal meaning of mingled. The contextual meaning was to socialize or something like that.

Reaction score
Soulgamer said:
XainJaffery said:

Barely - Hardly
Bursts - Explosion
Mingled - Mix or Blend

How much marks?

4/5 as you wrote the literal meaning of mingled. The contextual meaning was to socialize or something like that.
for Barely is almost never saw him correct?
for bursts- sudden appearances is ok right? :(

Reaction score
Nah mate. Barely is wrong. Don't know about burst though. Don't take tension right now rather concentrate on other subjects.

Reaction score
Guys in my opinion.
The words weren't milled or periphery.
It was uncertainly. Because when Amir and Hassan were friends, they were assure of each other's relationships etc, but now they had become uncertain about each other. Therefore, it highlights how they weren't as close to each other as before.
What do you think?

Reaction score
Soulgamer said:
Nah mate. Barely is wrong. Don't know about burst though. Don't take tension right now rather concentrate on other subjects.
True . Though I explained it as a phrase since the passage says that Amir barely saw Hassan isn't almost never correct in that context? :)

Reaction score
i think percentile for paper should be 32 out of 50 for A and 39 for A*.Am i thinking right?
Well,it seem that CIE had made this paper a day before STUPPPPPPPPPPPPid

Reaction score
SAUD ASLAM said:
i think percentile for paper should be 32 out of 50 for A and 39 for A*.Am i thinking right?
Well,it seem that CIE had made this paper a day before STUPPPPPPPPPPPPid
Agreed ! :( I somehow want an A , A* is out of reach now ! :(

Reaction score
dragoninja98 said:
lol ! ALL Cie could come up with was tea and betrayal !
:D
I guess the principal examiner was having tea after being betrayed by one of his friends who promised him that he would help him make the 2011 MJ paper :evil: Eventually he had to resort to those 2 passages!

Reaction score
I was expecting B in stats this year and thought that A* is out of reach.But,surprisingly got A*.
The face is that the CIe has gone mad from last two years.They are continuosly changing syllabus and paper pattern.
The Passage 2 was taken from Pakistani novel,that mean they cant even write a story of 600-700 words lol :crazy:

Reaction score
The Passage 2 was taken from Pakistani novel,that mean they cant even write a story of 600-700 words lol
Honestly there would be no point in their writing a story, when they could easily obtain one. Cambridge always uses magazine articles, book excerpts etc. for these papers. Also if you read the copyright at the back of the paper it credited the novel.

About the paper: The two opinions were:
1. "The Tea Classic" is a fascinating book.
2. There is no better pick-me-up than a cup of tea.

The two words were:
Periphery and Inundated

The summary had 15 points exactly as always.

All three statements were false.

All the other questions were extremely easy. At my center the paper was thought to be quite easy and most people did very well especially in Paper 1.

Reaction score
International School of Choueifat, Lahore. In Passage 2 I think I'll get from 22-25. Periphery means boundary thus implying that their relationship was no longer an important factor.