• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Volunteeer Work/Internships 2014-2015

Reaction score
10268622_678787365502297_8880361364540304016_n.jpg

http://www.wwfpak.org/takeaction/ecointernshipprogramme.php
Helds in karachi, Islamabad, Quetta

Reaction score
Hey, if someone's out there who has done internship in Shaukat Khanum in Lahore, would you please let me know k kis type ki internship hoti hai, for someone who has done pre medical and given MCAT? And is this internship better than SOS Villages where interns help out the kids in their summer homework and stuff?

Reaction score
Hey, if someone's out there who has done internship in Shaukat Khanum in Lahore, would you please let me know k kis type ki internship hoti hai, for someone who has done pre medical and given MCAT? And is this internship better than SOS Villages where interns help out the kids in their summer homework and stuff?
i ve not volunteered in shaukat khanum, though i am going there this summer, but someone i know has been there. and they say in SK also you mostly have to tae care of children which are cancer patients. Infact we'll have to do other minor work too, like helping other patients and blah blah. But after your internships, when you get an intuition what actually is shaukat khanum, you'll yourself want to take part in others of their activities e.g. fundraising and stuff. and its really really interesting, believe me. This internship is just a starter to affiliate yourself with SK.

and in SOS, its not just helping the kids with their homework, there are a lot more activiteis there. visit their site.

Reaction score
i ve not volunteered in shaukat khanum, though i am going there this summer, but someone i know has been there. and they say in SK also you mostly have to tae care of children which are cancer patients. Infact we'll have to do other minor work too, like helping other patients and blah blah. But after your internships, when you get an intuition what actually is shaukat khanum, you'll yourself want to take part in others of their activities e.g. fundraising and stuff. and its really really interesting, believe me. This internship is just a starter to affiliate yourself with SK.

and in SOS, its not just helping the kids with their homework, there are a lot more activiteis there. visit their site.
Oh okay. I've heard they only make volunteers doing o levels/10th graders take care of the kids, and the older ones get different kinds of duties in laboratories or something like that, which most people find boring, but it looks quite interesting to me, as I want to do something related to science.

Reaction score
Oh okay. I've heard they only make volunteers doing o levels/10th graders take care of the kids, and the older ones get different kinds of duties in laboratories or something like that, which most people find boring, but it looks quite interesting to me, as I want to do something related to science.
Shaukat Khanum is at quite a distance from where I live and SOS is near, so I wanted to make sure if SK internship would be worth it.
when the person i referred to, who has done volunteership in SK, went there, she also had done fsc and she was also appointed to take care of kids. so you dunno what you'll get to do. you are just supposed to assist them the way they ask you to.
My brother told me that when you apply for foreign universities, they prefer students who want to work for some humanitarian cause (and thats why universities ask you to write a self-essay about yourself). and for that purpose, SOS and SK both are equally good. I'm going to try in both.
Secondly, for SOS, its just an internship, but for SK, after internship there is a lot more stuff waiting for you if you really want to do. Like, you might have heard of "Pak Wheels auto show" which took place in Liberty Chowk in March, SK appointed its volunteers for fundraising and charity collection. and, not just this, they have different yearly plans for charity collection you can take part in.

There might be some more things to do in SOS too, but what i know i've told you.

Reaction score
when the person i referred to, who has done volunteership in SK, went there, she also had done fsc and she was also appointed to take care of kids. so you dunno what you'll get to do. you are just supposed to assist them the way they ask you to.
My brother told me that when you apply for foreign universities, they prefer students who want to work for some humanitarian cause (and thats why universities ask you to write a self-essay about yourself). and for that purpose, SOS and SK both are equally good. I'm going to try in both.
Secondly, for SOS, its just an internship, but for SK, after internship there is a lot more stuff waiting for you if you really want to do. Like, you might have heard of "Pak Wheels auto show" which took place in Liberty Chowk in March, SK appointed its volunteers for fundraising and charity collection. and, not just this, they have different yearly plans for charity collection you can take part in.

There might be some more things to do in SOS too, but what i know i've told you.
kya isme bi distinction leni hai? :p:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score

doing humanitarian work just for admission :p
such sincerity much wow :p