• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*** was that(physics paper 3)

Reaction score
Yes, and it wasn't only me, many of my friends found it good too, some even said it was easier than Oct/Nov 2011, what was the hardest questions you encountered??
I screwed up the LDR and the beta particle questions :(
Now I feel that I can't even think of an A* in physics :(

Reaction score
Dont be so upset, the exam was tough for many, the threshold will be low, you need to forget about this exam and move on, and prepare for next one, this isn't the end of the world, plus if you did good in paper 1, and do good in paper 6, then all you need is just 65 to 75% in paper 3 to get the A*, Good Luck.

Reaction score
You just took values from the graph and divided them (distance/time) thats wrong, cause when you do that you get the average speed for the whole journey before that point, you should've found the distance travelled from B to C (i.e the straight line) and divide it by the time taken to travel that distance, if memory serves me correctly, I believe it was 280/30 which gives you 9.33 (recurring) m/s.

Aww...I feel like an idiot.....I just took the whole dist before the BC and then calculated with time...this gave average for whole journey behind this line... :(
Do u know how many marks that was worth?

Reaction score
Aww...I feel like an idiot.....I just took the whole dist before the BC and then calculated with time...this gave average for whole journey behind this line... :(
Do u know how many marks that was worth?
3 marks, 1 for the correct speed equation, 1 for the right values, and one for the answer with units

Reaction score
For the distance time graph
the first part i got was Accelerating
then constant speed
and then deceleration
and the highest speed was 350/45
and average speed 600/whatever the total time was :p
anybody else with similar answers?
i got the same but max. speed, 9.33 m/s

Reaction score
For the distance time graph
the first part i got was Accelerating
then constant speed
and then deceleration
and the highest speed was 350/45
and average speed 600/whatever the total time was :p
anybody else with similar answers?
i dont remb max speed but it was the gradient of line BC. nd average speed no, cuz it was 400/60=6.67

Reaction score
it rises coz da molecules in da liquid xpands
it falls coz da molecules @ da surface leave da liquid
i wrote use a copper flask 2 transfer heat more efficiently. wbu?
hmm they askd abt design so copper is wrong, u had to talk abt using thinner capillary tube. nd level falls cuz of evaporation i wrote tht too, but i think its wrong. my brother is in AS level and i told him the qs , he said tht the flask xpands (its glass) nd a little volume increase causes the level to fall.

Reaction score
hmm they askd abt design so copper is wrong, u had to talk abt using thinner capillary tube. nd for level falls cuz of evaporation i wrote tht too, but i think cuz its wrong. my brother is AS level i told him qs told me tht flask xpands (its glass) nd as a little volume increase causes the level to fall
dey asked chnge in apparatus, not da design.
it's wrng?? :'(

Reaction score
me too i got tht beta particle qs wrong . i wrote umward force instead of downward. nd wrote parabolic path instead of circular path :(

Reaction score
For the first question, I wrote 18.19 cuz I found it by the average, not by the frequency. Do you think I'll lose the mark?

Reaction score
For the first question, I wrote 18.19 cuz I found it by the average, not by the frequency. Do you think I'll lose the mark?
i got 18.13, or sumthin where da second number after decimal is less dan 5.
approzimatel, my ans ws 18.1. n i got it usin da average. dats da way 2 get da ans