• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Who is sitting the exam in M/J 2013?

Reaction score
I am.

Can you tell me how did you start preparing for it? So far, I've revised NOTHING from the past year. In December, we'll be having school exams so I'm occupied with revising this year's material but I'm not really revising last year's material. I think that something is wrong with my studying plan. So do you have any tips? Even if you are not sitting the M/J 2013 exam, please do share some tips with me. I desperately need help because I've always been a failure when it came to planning.

Reaction score
me too.

see you have to at least sit for 2 hours for each subject. and you will finish them dont worry and make it a point that you alternate the subjects every day so u cover all your lessons and lastly hope for the best;)

Reaction score
I am. But I'm retaking them after 2 years because of a discrepancy in my college applications. I've forgotten pretty much everything. But I learned from my first time through that all you have to do is just take them easy and try not to freak out, go to tuition lessons to clear your doubts - make sure you have a good teacher, they might charge a pretty penny but they're beyond worth it. And, most importantly, don't sweat the small stuff. Just learn what you can and think of every item you learn as an advantage - odds are you won't get asked about 50% of the syllabus in the exam. I remember I was freaking out about the Biology body systems for my June 2011 paper 3 like a few hours before the exam - I had hardly studied them! So I had to cram like a madwoman to learn them before - and it turned out that they didn't even ask us about any of the body systems in the exam except for a simple question about reproduction. In the end I got an A* so, no worries. :)

Reaction score
I’m also appearing for the exams…And my study plan has crashed …I’ve not revised anything till now…I always plan to do but my day pasts so fastly that i nvr evn realize that my day went !! but my school always take test s from us 2 weeks !! EVEn we will have pre-mock and mock Exams so Inshallah I’ll cover at that time …
Yeah, U can do is what u learn in school revise it on that day, Clear ur theories on that what u have learned and set ur target what u will learn today ! At any cost u have to complete it whether late at night ! And OFCOURSE winter breaks r coming that is the best chance u will get for revising…
Hi, Xanthe in which country do u live? It also depend on the Holidays u will get..DON”T WASTE UR HOLIDAYS CAUSE EVERY SINGLE MINUTE IS IMPORTANT

Reaction score
I am. But I'm retaking them after 2 years because of a discrepancy in my college applications. I've forgotten pretty much everything. But I learned from my first time through that all you have to do is just take them easy and try not to freak out, go to tuition lessons to clear your doubts - make sure you have a good teacher, they might charge a pretty penny but they're beyond worth it. And, most importantly, don't sweat the small stuff. Just learn what you can and think of every item you learn as an advantage - odds are you won't get asked about 50% of the syllabus in the exam. I remember I was freaking out about the Biology body systems for my June 2011 paper 3 like a few hours before the exam - I had hardly studied them! So I had to cram like a madwoman to learn them before - and it turned out that they didn't even ask us about any of the body systems in the exam except for a simple question about reproduction. In the end I got an A* so, no worries. :)
Haha. I guess you're right. Good luck, Mar.Ayman!

Reaction score
I’m also appearing for the exams…And my study plan has crashed …I’ve not revised anything till now…I always plan to do but my day pasts so fastly that i nvr evn realize that my day went !! but my school always take test s from us 2 weeks !! EVEn we will have pre-mock and mock Exams so Inshallah I’ll cover at that time …
Yeah, U can do is what u learn in school revise it on that day, Clear ur theories on that what u have learned and set ur target what u will learn today ! At any cost u have to complete it whether late at night ! And OFCOURSE winter breaks r coming that is the best chance u will get for revising…
Hi, Xanthe in which country do u live? It also depend on the Holidays u will get..DON”T WASTE UR HOLIDAYS CAUSE EVERY SINGLE MINUTE IS IMPORTANT
My school also does mock exams. But I feel like I should start revising before my school starts making mock exams for us. I mean, the more you study, the more likely the information is to go into your long-term memory. Unfortunately, we have tests DAILY. So I have no time to revise old material. I just study for the tests. Other than that, we keep getting homeworks. I feel like homeworks should be illegal for IGCSE students! It's true that they help us practice, but honestly; they're just a waste of time for me. (C'mon, studying for tests is prior to solving homeworks), and that's another reason why I'm not able to start revising.

Oh, I live in the UAE. We will have the national day holiday after about 2-3 weeks. It's not that long, however, I'm very much looking forward to it because as you said; every minute counts. Right after the national day holiday we will be having final exams (school exams, of course). I will start revising in the winter holiday.

Good luck, Love Islam!

Reaction score
Well, if you're writing next year, you've got aloot of time left :p...Best of luck.

Reaction score
My school also does mock exams. But I feel like I should start revising before my school starts making mock exams for us. I mean, the more you study, the more likely the information is to go into your long-term memory. Unfortunately, we have tests DAILY. So I have no time to revise old material. I just study for the tests. Other than that, we keep getting homeworks. I feel like homeworks should be illegal for IGCSE students! It's true that they help us practice, but honestly; they're just a waste of time for me. (C'mon, studying for tests is prior to solving homeworks), and that's another reason why I'm not able to start revising.

Oh, I live in the UAE. We will have the national day holiday after about 2-3 weeks. It's not that long, however, I'm very much looking forward to it because as you said; every minute counts. Right after the national day holiday we will be having final exams (school exams, of course). I will start revising in the winter holiday.

Good luck, Love Islam!

i also live in UAE ...exactly ur and mine condition is the Same !
good luck to u too

Reaction score
me too.

see you have to at least sit for 2 hours for each subject. and you will finish them dont worry and make it a point that you alternate the subjects every day so u cover all your lessons and lastly hope for the best;)
can I do one extra subject in 2014 where my age will be 18????

Reaction score

Good luck, Love Islam!
Even my school is very particular on the mock exams and we are having the first on the end on january (31).
I am studying very hard. Inshaallah Allah will ease my difficulties and reward me well with good grades.:)