• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

WORLD CUP FEVER

DO U LIKE CRICKET?

• Total voters
Reaction score
There is no doubt in the cricket fraternity about subcontinental players' incompetence in batting on bouncy wickets. The other teams will surely exploit this weakness; so I am not too optimistic about a subcontinental team's chances of lifting the trophy this year. South Africa and Australia are the favorites to win this year's trophy.
As a Bangladeshi, I will be right behind the Tigers. But based on the conditions and the resources we have, I think it will be really difficult for us to qualify for the second round. My expectations from my team is simple. I want them to first beat Scotland, Afghanistan and one of the test playing nations from their group. If they can do that and manage to maintain a decent net run rate, then 3 wins are enough for a place in the quarterfinals.

Reaction score
There is no doubt in the cricket fraternity about subcontinental players' incompetence in batting on bouncy wickets. The other teams will surely exploit this weakness; so I am not too optimistic about a subcontinental team's chances of lifting the trophy this year. South Africa and Australia are the favorites to win this year's trophy.
As a Bangladeshi, I will be right behind the Tigers. But based on the conditions and the resources we have, I think it will be really difficult for us to qualify for the second round. My expectations from my team is simple. I want them to first beat Scotland, Afghanistan and one of the test playing nations from their group. If they can do that and manage to maintain a decent net run rate, then 3 wins are enough for a place in the quarterfinals.
:eek: