• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

WORLD CUP FEVER

DO U LIKE CRICKET?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Cuz pak won ?:p
but i am exploding with joy and happiness:D
go pak team(y)
Do you know what's the most beautiful thing about Pakistan cricket? The answer is they are unpredictable! The bowlers bowled like champions today. It would be interesting how they play against Ireland because if you guys lose, then you might fail to qualify.

Reaction score
What happened a year ago does not count! Pakistan's form leading into this game was absolutely horrendous. On the other hand, South Africa scored 400+ runs in consecutive matches prior to today's match. Before the game, everyone, including Pakistanis, agreed South Africa were the favorite to win this match. Besides, when South Africa managed to restrict Pakistan to a modest total after the first innings, it seemed like a formality for South Africa to chase it down. But in the end Pakistani bowlers proved everybody wrong! So it's safe to say this match was a major upset of world cup 2015.
Secondly, Bangladesh has nothing to do with this match. Why bring us into this? :p
:eek:o_O:cautious:

Reaction score
Do u evn knw wht is definition of upset....do check
I agree wth u tht paks form was horrendous uet we cant call it an uspet
If so...evn ind beating SA shuld he upset.....ind hadnt won a single match nd thn all of a sudden tht thrash SA by 150 runs...we cant call it an upset can we....u can say surprising result...but not an upset
India's win against South Africa was not an upset because before that match, they defeated Pakistan. Everyone knows how strong a team becomes when they beat their biggest rivals in cricket's biggest stage!

Reaction score
India's win against South Africa was not an upset because before that match, they defeated Pakistan. Everyone knows how strong a team becomes when they beat their biggest rivals in cricket's biggest stage!
U hav ur opinion nd i will respect it
Evn I expected pak to lose.....but i will call it a surprising result rather than an upset :D

Reaction score
U hav ur opinion nd i will respect it
Evn I expected pak to lose.....but i will call it a surprising result rather than an upset :D
http://www.cricket.com.au/news/matc...rica-world-cup-pool-b-match-report/2015-03-07
Look, this is Australia's leading cricket news website. This is what they have to say about today's match - "Pakistan have recorded the biggest upset in the 2015 Cricket World Cup, bowling out South Africa to win by 29 runs despite a heroic 77 by Proteas captain AB de Villiers."

Reaction score
http://www.cricket.com.au/news/matc...rica-world-cup-pool-b-match-report/2015-03-07
Look, this is Australia's leading cricket news website. This is what they have to say about today's match - "Pakistan have recorded the biggest upset in the 2015 Cricket World Cup, bowling out South Africa to win by 29 runs despite a heroic 77 by Proteas captain AB de Villiers."
I fail to comprehend wht did thy say tht....yes pak is in poor form...thy dnt hav their best team.....but SA is not australia of 2000s tht cant be defeated
But yess the odds were in their favour

Reaction score
I fail to comprehend wht did thy say tht....yes pak is in poor form...thy dnt hav their best team.....but SA is not australia of 2000s tht cant be defeated
But yess the odds were in their favour
Cricket fans of the top 8 teams tend to think that the word "upset" is only reserved for the scenario when Bangladesh, Zimbabwe or an associate nation beats one of the top sides. The fact is, this word is just an alternative way of saying that the result was surprising or unexpected. It's kind of a synonym, so to speak. So, in my opinion, this word "upset" perfectly fits with what happened in the match today.

Reaction score
Cricket fans of the top 8 teams tend to think that the word "upset" is only reserved for the scenario when Bangladesh, Zimbabwe or an associate nation beats one of the top sides. The fact is, this word is just an alternative way of saying that the result was surprising or unexpected. It's kind of a synonym, so to speak. So, in my opinion, this word "upset" perfectly fits with what happened in the match today.
It may be synonym to surprising but it tends to exaggerate it
I only meant it as a joke....bang beating pak or Ind isnt an upset...neither zim

Reaction score
Former England opener Geoffrey Boycott once said -
"My mum would have scored runs and taken wickets against the Bangladeshis. She’d have wanted to bat and bowl at both ends!"

I would have loved to see the look on his face when the Tigers dumped his nation out in the group stage! It's a historic day for Bangladesh cricket! :D Joy Bangla! Watch out Indians and South Africans, we are coming to get you! :LOL:

Reaction score
Former England opener Geoffrey Boycott once said -
"My mum would have scored runs and taken wickets against the Bangladeshis. She’d have wanted to bat and bowl at both ends!"

I would have loved to see the look on his face when the Tigers dumped his nation out in the group stage! It's a historic day for Bangladesh cricket! :D Joy Bangla! Watch out Indians and South Africans, we are coming to get you! :LOL:
2007 wc and 2012 asia cup are the only 2 things u bangladeshis have to brag abt :p
while ind is at the form of their life...that too undefeated ;)

Reaction score
2007 wc and 2012 asia cup are the only 2 things u bangladeshis have to brag abt :p
while ind is at the form of their life...that too undefeated ;)
You guys were in the form of your life before the 2007 match as well! :p But we were the winner! There is no reason why we can't beat you again! ;) But before taking on you guys, we have to take care of New Zealand first!

Reaction score
You guys were in the form of your life before the 2007 match as well! :p But we were the winner! There is no reason why we can't beat you again! ;) But before taking on you guys, we have to take care of New Zealand first!
u do know the only way bangla can face ind is if they become 4th in group A...which means u too know ban has no chance vs NZ LOL!! :p

Reaction score
u do know the only way bangla can face ind is if they become 4th in group A...which means u too know ban has no chance vs NZ LOL!! :p
FYI, we are already qualified. See my first post. I asked both India and South Africa to prepare for us because if we beat New Zealand, we will face South Africa! Secondly, we do have a chance against New Zealand. We won all of our last 7 games against the Kiwis. But I know it won't be easy. New Zealand will come into the match as favorites. But we are backing ourselves for nothing less than a win!

Reaction score
Just took a stroll around Indian cricket websites! Former cricketers and Indian fans are celebrating Bangladesh's win as if they have already qualified for the semifinals! None of them seems to remember 2007. Well, things are looking good for us because we are most dangerous when our opposition is complacent.

Reaction score
Omg is 2007 the only thing u have to brag abt?
if im gonna start bragging abt ind vs bangla I will never end.
ok we lost fair and square in 2007, also in 2012 asia cup u beat us...fine I agree..
but do u remember 2011 wc? Remember wat sehawg and kohli did?
remember Stuart binny? ;) that too in ur home turf u cant chase 103 LOL
remember last asia cup u played so bad u lost to Afghanistan also..who is a associate nation..
Im actually happy for Bangladesh for reaching qf and its a great feeling for every asian...but what I don't appreciate is that many bangladesh fans are acting as if they won wc...its like once in a while u beat a top nation and u all get a lil too excited.. stay humble!!
im not saying bangladesh sucks and all...they have talented players...but u have to admit ind has the upper hand in the qf encounter and if I was shakib al hasan, I would expect a tough fight from the indians
so all the best to both teams and may the best team win.

Reaction score
Omg is 2007 the only thing u have to brag abt?
if im gonna start bragging abt ind vs bangla I will never end.
ok we lost fair and square in 2007, also in 2012 asia cup u beat us...fine I agree..
but do u remember 2011 wc? Remember wat sehawg and kohli did?
remember Stuart binny? ;) that too in ur home turf u cant chase 103 LOL
remember last asia cup u played so bad u lost to Afghanistan also..who is a associate nation..
Im actually happy for Bangladesh for reaching qf and its a great feeling for every asian...but what I don't appreciate is that many bangladesh fans are acting as if they won wc...its like once in a while u beat a top nation and u all get a lil too excited.. stay humble!!
im not saying bangladesh sucks and all...they have talented players...but u have to admit ind has the upper hand in the qf encounter and if I was shakib al hasan, I would expect a tough fight from the indians
so all the best to both teams and may the best team win.
I agree with you that India has an upper hand and some Bangladesh fans do get carried away while celebrating. But what I am trying to point out is that, no matter how strong India team is, we still have the ability to beat them! I mean just because you are facing Bangladesh instead of England does not mean you have got the ticket for semifinals, right? Like Navjot Sidhu said, "Bangladesh jita aur India ka semifinal ka ticket mil gaya!" The chances, if we face India in quarterfinals, are 70-30 in my opinion with Indians as the favorites.