• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

your worst fear?

Reaction score
yeah.. it's a scary thing... but my teacher taught me an aayah, long ago and if we fail on that it's waaaay more scary... I talked to him recently and he brought up the same topic, I could feel he was happy as I remembered the aayah:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا قُوا أَنفُسَكُمْ وَأَهْلِيكُمْ نَارًا وَقُودُهَا النَّاسُ وَالْحِجَارَةُ عَلَيْهَا مَلَائِكَةٌ غِلَاظٌ شِدَادٌ لَّا يَعْصُونَ اللَّهَ مَا أَمَرَهُمْ وَيَفْعَلُونَ مَا يُؤْمَرُونَ

O you who have believed, protect yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is people and stones, over which are [appointed] angels, harsh and severe; they do not disobey Allah in what He commands them but do what they are commanded.
thrre r other scary ayah too. Like the one in surah hadeed where ppl would be saying yo other ppl.. were not we wid you in the world?
So y dont you give us some of ur noor. And the reply is that turn back to the world and find ur noor there! Scarryyy!

Reaction score
thrre r other scary ayah too. Like the one in surah hadeed where ppl would be saying yo other ppl.. were not we wid you in the world?
So y dont you give us some of ur noor. And the reply is that turn back to the world and find ur noor there! Scarryyy!
brrrrr!
it gives me goose bumps!
and i've got shivers running down my spine!

Reaction score
One good friend told me that fear is a monster.....like when we r kids ...we r scared that there might be a monster under our bed or In the closet......but when u yourself open the closet the monster vanishes .....so is the case with fear.......

But on the whole fear of Allah is a blessing upon us....many of us say "I fear Allah"...,,but deep down they lie......only rare people fear Allah almighty .....I don't say I fear Him.......coz I commit mistakes many times ina day....forgetting that allah might be watching me....don't we all do that?

Reaction score
While others r reminded of Allah evrytime they think of doing something wrong! The fear of Allah is not that u sit in a corner of the room and shiver it is not being perfect or not commiting any sin... it is to feel ashamed sorry and it is to try and keep improving yourself. Eva so slowly
...but in da ryt direction!

Reaction score
One good friend told me that fear is a monster.....like when we r kids ...we r scared that their might be a monster under our bed or In the closet......but when u yourself open the closet the monster vanishes .....so is the case with fear.......

But on the whole fear of Allah is a blessing upon us....many of us say "I fear Allah"...,,but deep down they lie......only rare people fear Allah almighty .....I don't say I fear Him.......coz I commit mistakes many times ina day....forgetting that allah might be watching me....don't we all do that?
yes, what you said is true.
we forget that Allah's watching us, and we do mistakes, but later we regret doing it when we remember Allah!
ربنا لا تزغ قلوبنا بعد اذ هدىتنا وهب لنا من لدنك رحمة انك انت آلوهاب
"Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate from the truth after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You. Verily, You are the Bestower."

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Hah sure .. Well am afraid of liven each day ! Each day I wake up am afraid of wats gonna happen next .. Ano it's silly but that's my biggest =p wat bout yours ?
hmm... it's not silly at all, we fear the most that which we know not... To overcome this kind of fear I make this prayer:

The Messenger of Allaah (S.A.W) said: “There is no person who says in the morning and evening of each day, ‘Bismillaah illaahi laa yadurru ma’a ismihi shay’un fi’l-ard wa la fi’l-sama’ wa huwa al-samee’ ul-‘aleem (In the name of Allaah with Whose name nothing is harmed on earth nor in heaven, and He is the All-Hearing, All-Knowing)’ three times, but nothing will harm him.”
(Narrated and classed as saheeh/authentic by al-Tirmidhi, 3388)​
It helps a lot! Notice in that prayer I'm putting all my trust in Allah, so I need not worry Allah will take care of me.... plus as muslims we are supposed to have good expectations with Allah. Allah told us "I am as My servant expects Me to be..." (muslim)... so for me this takes care of the fear of "liven each day "! :)
Oh n my fear, I already mentioned:​
[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower. (3:8)

Reaction score
hmm.... scary list..... Although I must say the fear of getting hurt to an unbearable point is what I used to have.. now I dun worry about it too much... I mean if Allah would test me with pain then He (S.W.T) will grant me equal amount of sabr/patience if m steadfast..... like in the story of Surah Burooj (85) towards the end of story "a woman came with her child and she felt hesitant in jumping into the fire and the child said to her: 0 mother, endure (this ordeal) for it is the Truth."... see the mercy of Allah, he made a little baby (whom the woman was breastfeeding according to tafsir ibn kathir) speak and support her mother...
and when I see immoral blood spilling the best refuge is the starting aayahs of surah ankabut... specifically this1:
أَمْ حَسِبَ الَّذِينَ يَعْمَلُونَ السَّيِّئَاتِ أَن يَسْبِقُونَا ۚ سَاءَ مَا يَحْكُمُونَ

Or do those who do evil deeds think they can outrun Us? Evil is what they judge.
Well said. :)
and as always, the Quran does have an aayat relating to every aspect of our life. :)

Reaction score
hmm... it's not silly at all, we fear the most that which we know not... To overcome this kind of fear I make this prayer:

The Messenger of Allaah (S.A.W) said: “There is no person who says in the morning and evening of each day, ‘Bismillaah illaahi laa yadurru ma’a ismihi shay’un fi’l-ard wa la fi’l-sama’ wa huwa al-samee’ ul-‘aleem (In the name of Allaah with Whose name nothing is harmed on earth nor in heaven, and He is the All-Hearing, All-Knowing)’ three times, but nothing will harm him.”
(Narrated and classed as saheeh/authentic by al-Tirmidhi, 3388)​
It helps a lot! Notice in that prayer I'm putting all my trust in Allah, so I need not worry Allah will take care of me.... plus as muslims we are supposed to have good expectations with Allah. Allah told us "I am as My servant expects Me to be..." (muslim)... so for me this takes care of the fear of "liven each day "! :)
Oh n my fear, I already mentioned:​
[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower. (3:8)
Mmm .. You put Islam in every single situation :)! So that works with you ? Like u do fear it no more after sayin that ? mm.. That's nice !
Heh =) well then u fear ur god ? but he's merciful ? Ya ? Wat do u fear ur god for ?