• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

your worst fear?

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Mmm .. You put Islam in every single situation :)! So that works with you ? Like u do fear it no more after sayin that ? mm.. That's nice !
Heh =) well then u fear ur god ? but he's merciful ? Ya ? Wat do u fear ur god for ?
I don't fear after I mean what I say... :) and that's the cool part about Islam... It's a way of life; you have guidance for every important aspect of life... any tough problem in life, I try to find solutions in Quran and the life of previous prophets (may peace be upon all of them)..... and you find awesome advice!

and your question is very logical.. If Allah is merciful, why fear him....? First, you should know.. we have a balance we hope for His mercy at the same time we fear his justice/punishment. Above that we love Allah.
Secondly the word in arabic for fear of Allah that we translate as fear is 'Taqwa' (in arabic there are many different words used for different kinds of fear) and it comes from the root 'wiqaayah' which means to protect and is used for a shield. Taqwa is to protect yourself from the consequences of your own actions. It is to protect yourself in two ways: to abandon sinning and adorn yourself with good deeds because you fear the punishment of Allah.

It's a healthy kind of fear, not a depressing one... For example, I know Allah is merciful but I also know He is NOT unjust... so I can't go about robbing people and just say Allah will forgive me, NO... even if (God-forbid) I accidentially do something like that, I'd HAVE to turn in repentance to Allah (try fulfilling rights of ppl I violated, if possible)... and then hope in his mercy. Allah can forgive the greatest of sins BUT is my repentance sincere? I can't be sure... so I live b/w hope and fear and try to protect myself from sinning. (but we NEVER despair of Allah's mercy)

Here is the balance explained in Quran:

"[O Muhammad], inform My servants that it is I who am the Forgiving, the Merciful.
And that it is My punishment which is the painful punishment." (15:49-50)

(we can't take wrong advantage of Allah's mercy.) hope the answer makes sense.

Reaction score
I don't fear after I mean what I say... :) and that's the cool part about Islam... It's a way of life; you have guidance for every important aspect of life... any tough problem in life, I try to find solutions in Quran and the life of previous prophets (may peace be upon all of them)..... and you find awesome advice!

and your question is very logical.. If Allah is merciful, why fear him....? First, you should know.. we have a balance we hope for His mercy at the same time we fear his justice/punishment. Above that we love Allah.
Secondly the word in arabic for fear of Allah that we translate as fear is 'Taqwa' (in arabic there are many different words used for different kinds of fear) and it comes from the root 'wiqaayah' which means to protect and is used for a shield. Taqwa is to protect yourself from the consequences of your own actions. It is to protect yourself in two ways: to abandon sinning and adorn yourself with good deeds because you fear the punishment of Allah.

It's a healthy kind of fear, not a depressing one... For example, I know Allah is merciful but I also know He is NOT unjust... so I can't go about robbing people and just say Allah will forgive me, NO... even if (God-forbid) I accidentially do something like that, I'd HAVE to turn in repentance to Allah (try fulfilling rights of ppl I violated, if possible)... and then hope in his mercy. Allah can forgive the greatest of sins BUT is my repentance sincere? I can't be sure... so I live b/w hope and fear and try to protect myself from sinning. (but we NEVER despair of Allah's mercy)

Here is the balance explained in Quran:

"[O Muhammad], inform My servants that it is I who am the Forgiving, the Merciful.
And that it is My punishment which is the painful punishment." (15:49-50)

(we can't take wrong advantage of Allah's mercy.) hope the answer makes sense.
Mm.. It makes perfect since =)
Heh dont u get bored answerin ma question =p =p u write allot =p ! Well thnkss

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
hehe...i don't think he gets bored :p I dont know, but if I was him, it'd been my pleasure to give such awesomr replies :p I'm sure he'd love to reply ;)

May Allah give him and his loved ones success in both worlds...aameen...appreciate his help... :D

and ofcourse...may Allah guide us all..n give success in both worlds aameen..

Reaction score
hehe...i don't think he gets bored :p I dont know, but if I was him, it'd been my pleasure to give such awesomr replies :p I'm sure he'd love to reply ;)

May Allah give him and his loved ones success in both worlds...aameen...appreciate his help... :D

Heh ya it's kool =p that's good ofem n u =p
Hope that =)

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
good to know... ur welcome.. :)
no I dun get bored coz ur questions are interesting... :D (y)
plus I've already looked into a lot of lifestyles.. for me Islam is the one that makes perfect sense with proofs... plus I'm amazed and mesmerised by the Quran... Every verse(aayah) has so much depth... so I study it in my free tym.

and you too, aameen.