• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*~*~♦ тнᴇ αят ᴏƒ ɢяᴏᴏмɪɴɢ уᴏυя ѕᴏυʟѕ ♦~*~*

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
483644_474311012613813_381811537_n.jpg

Reaction score
It is better to perform the nawaafil in the home. It has been mentioned in many narrations that Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam exhorted one to perform these at home and did so himself. Many benefits are derived from this devotion. Among these are that barakah of salaah the home becomes fulled with barakah and nur. The members of the household will learn the salaah, and will gain the courage to perform these. Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam had commanded in a few ahaadith that "perform part of the prayers in the home. Do not make it a cemetery".i.e. Do not make the house like a cemetery where salaah is not performed, or like the dead who do not perform the prayer. Do not make the house in this manner a resemblance of a graveyard. The author has mentioned only one hadith in this chapter.

Shamaa-il Tirmidhi, ( 041 : 280 : 001)
'Abdullah bin sa'd Radiyallahu 'Anhu says: "I enquired from Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam, is it more meritorious to perform nafil salaah in the home or in the masjid? Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Aayhi Wasallam replied: 'Do you observe that my house is so near the masjid (which does not make it difficult, or cause a hindrance in coming to the masjid, in spite of all this) I prefer to perform the salaah, besides the faraa-id, in my house, rather than in the masjid".

Commentary
As the nawaafil are based on concealment, therefore it is better to perform it in the home, to ensure complete concealment. It keeps away from show and pretence. But certainly, it is undesirable that the faraa-id etc.be concealed. More ajr ( thawaab-reward) is gained by performing it in the masjid. Included are also the rak'ahs performed after tawaaf of the Ka'bah, salaatut taraweeh etc. Although the tarawee is not from the faraa-id it is a peculiar feature of Ramadhaan, and is masnun to perform in jamaa'ah (congregation). Likewise is every salaah performed with jamaa'ah like salaah of kusuf (solar eclipse prayer), which are meant to be publicly declared. Therefore it is desirable to perform these in the masjid.

Reaction score
Narrated Abu Burda (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):

That his father said, "The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) sent Mu'adh and Abu Musa to Yemen telling them. 'Treat the people with ease and don't be hard on them; give them glad tidings and don't fill them with aversion; and love each other, and don't differ."

Bukhari Vol. 4 : No. 275

N.M

Reaction score
Narrated Abu Burda (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):

That his father said, "The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) sent Mu'adh and Abu Musa to Yemen telling them. 'Treat the people with ease and don't be hard on them; give them glad tidings and don't fill them with aversion; and love each other, and don't differ."

Bukhari Vol. 4 : No. 275

AsSalamu Alaikum wr wb,

Reminds me of what imam as Shafae said, "Be hard on yourself and easy on others."

Reaction score

When we face a calamity, we must console ourselves by remembering 3 things:
  1. It was already decreed for us :”Nothing will happen to us except what God has decreed for us” (9:51)
  2. It is temporary : “So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief” (94:5)

and
  3. It will make us get Ajr ( good deed or ’Plus’ points) if good willing if we will be patient : “Indeed, the patient will be given their reward without account.” (39:10)

Reaction score
Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 40

Narrated An-Nu'man bin Bashir:
Allah's Apostle said, "You see the believers as regards their being merciful among themselves and showing love among themselves and being kind, resembling one body, so that, if any part of the body is not well then the whole body shares the sleeplessness (insomnia) and fever with it."