• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*~*~♦ тнᴇ αят ᴏƒ ɢяᴏᴏмɪɴɢ уᴏυя ѕᴏυʟѕ ♦~*~*

Reaction score
Forgiveness for 2 years of sins (Minor sins) for fasting on the day of Arafah!!

Abu Qatada رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰعنه related that the Prophet صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ said,

“Fasting the Day of Arafah (9th of Dhu’l Hijjah) expiates for two years, one prior and one forthcoming. And fasting the Day of Ashura (10th of Muharram) expiates for the past year.”
[Muslim, Abu Dawud, Nasa’i, and Ibn Majah]

Reaction score
Abdullaah ibn Umar رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰعنه reported that the Prophet صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ said:
"There are no days greater in the sight of
ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى) and in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Him than these ten days, so during this time recite a great deal of Tahleel ("La ilaaha ill-
Allah"), Takbeer and Tahmeed.
[Reported by Ahmad, 7/224; Ahmad Shaakir stated that it is saheeh ]

Reaction score
"He who believes in Allah and the Hereafter, if he witnesses any matter he should talk in good terms about it or keep quiet.

Act kindly towards woman, for woman is created from a rib, and the most crooked part of the rib is its top. If you attempt to straighten it, you will break it, and if you leave it, its crookedness will remain there. So act kindly towards women."

[Hadith - Muslim, #3468]

Reaction score
Dua and Repentance

We should busy ourselves in making sincere Dua and repentance during these blessed 10 days of Dhul Hijjah. How unfortunate is the one who does not make use of these blessed 10 days and nights in order to supplicate to his lord to gain his mercy and forgiveness.

We find many reassurances throughout the Qur'an for those who make Dua:

ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى) has said:

"And your Lord says: Pray unto me: and I will hear your prayer"
[Qur'an 40:60]

"Call upon your Lord Humbly and in secret"
[Quran 7:55]

"When My servants question thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me"
[Quran 2:186]

ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى) says in the Qur'an:

"Is not He (best) who listens to the (soul) distressed when it calls on Him, and who relieves its suffering."
[Quran 27:62]

"When my servants ask you concerning me, (tell them) I am indeed close (to them). I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on me."
[Qur'an 2:186]

The place of Duaa is so high to ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى), that the Prophet صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ had said:
"Nothing is more honourable to ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى) the Most High than Dua." [Sahih al Jami no.5268]

He also said:
"The most excellent worship is Dua." [Sahih Al-Jami no. 1133]

What a beautiful thing it is to create a relationship with ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى) through Dua and asking his help and invoking in him for whatever we want in this life and the next! Especially in these blessed days (ten days of Dhul Hijjah) we should increase the amount of Dua’s we do especially in the latter part of the nights when they are most listened to.

Aisha رَضِي اللَّهُ عَنْها said:

"No believer makes Dua and it is wasted. Either it is granted here in this world or deposited for him in the Hereafter as long as he does not get frustrated."

In fact, it is even wrong to never make Dua, "Whosoever does not supplicate to ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى), He will be angry with Him."
[Saheeh Jaami`as-Sagheer #2414]

Da'wah ALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى)

Reaction score
Increase In Dhikr (Remembrance of ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى)) Especially First Ten Days Of Dhul Hijjah!!

We should glorify ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى) night and day, especially in these first ten days of the blessed month of Dhul Hijja.

Remembering ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى) much through acts of Dhikr brings much peace and tranquillity to the heart.

It also gives us a sense of Taqwa (fearful awareness of ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى)), a consciousness that makes us realise that ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى) is ever near and that we should always strive to please Him.

"…Verily, in the remembrance of ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى) do hearts find rest."
[13:28]

Remembrance of ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى) indeed is the greatest virtue.
[29:46]

We should recite the following 3 Dhikr excessively during the first 10 days and nights of Dhul Hijjah:

1. “Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akber, La ilaha illa Allah, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar wa lillahil-Hamd.”

(Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest, There is none worthy of worship except Allah. Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest and to Allah belongs all praises)
[(Saheeh) Irwaa al-Ghaleel (650), Daraqutne, Ibn Shaibah]

2. “Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar wa lillahil-Hamd; Allahu Akbar wa-ajal, Allahu akbaru ala mahadana.”

(Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest and to Allah belongs all praises. Allah is the Greatest to that which He has guided us to)
[(saheeh) - Bayhaqee (3/315)]

3. “Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar kabeera.”

(Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest)
[(saheeh) Bayhaqee (3/316)]

The following are 10 Dhikr, supported by Hadith that we can also recite throughout the days & nights During the first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah and until our last breath InshaAllah:

1. Subhaanallah

2. Alhamdulillah

3. Allahu Akbar

4. Laa ilaaha illallah

The first 4 should be recited abundantly during the first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah
[Takbeer al-Mutlaq]

5. LA HAWLA WA LA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAH-HIL ALIYYIL ADHEEM

6. Asthaghfirullah-halladhee Laa ilaaha illa-huwal Hayyul Qayyuumu Wa athoobu Ilay

7. Or short version: Asthaghfirullah

8. SUB-HAAN'ALLAAHi WA BI-HAM'DIHI SUB-HAAN'ALLAH-IL ADHEEM

Or short version: SUB-HAAN'ALLAAHi WA BI-HAM'DIHI

9. Subhana-llahi, wa-l-hamdu li-llahi, wa la ilaha illa-llahu, wa-llahu akbar. Wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa bi-llahi-l-aliyyi-l-azim

10. La ilaha illa-llahu waḥdahu la sharika lahu lahu-l-mulku wa lahu-l-ḥamdu yuhyi wa yumītu wa huwa ḥayyu-lla yamutu abadan abada, du-l-jalali wa-l-ikram, biyadihi-l-khayr, wa huwa ala kulli Shay-in qadir

Or the shortened version:

Laa ilaaha illal-laahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa huwa ‘alaa kulli shay-in qadeer

We should also recite much of Durood e Ibrahim which is the Durood that is recited towards the end of Salah (prayer).

Or the shortest Durood is: Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallim.

Reaction score
Praying Nawafil (Voluntary) Prayers As Much As Can While First Ten Days Of Dhul Hijjah!!

What better way of drawing closer to ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى) during I'tikaf than by praying the voluntary prayers:

ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى) says in Hadith Qudsi:

....And My slave keeps on coming closer to Me through performing Nawafil (voluntary deeds) until I love him.
[Bukhari]

Want the company of the Prophet صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ in Jannah?

Rabi'ah Ibn Malik al-Aslami رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰعنه reported that the Prophet صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ said:
"Ask (anything)." Rabi'ah said: "I ask of you to be your companion in paradise." The Prophet صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ said: "Or anything else?" Rabi'ah said: "That is it." The Prophet صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ said to him: "Then help me by making many prostrations (i.e., Nawafil prayers)." [Muslim]

Since the days of Dhul Hijjah are the most blessed then we should strive to pray as many Nawafils as possible, so we can please ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى) and get closer to Him, as well as gain the company of the Prophet صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ in Jannah InshaAllah.

Reaction score
Recite the Qur’an abundantly

We should try our best to read as much of the Holy Qur’an as is possible especially during the daytimes of the first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah. We should aim to try and complete the whole Qur’an within this period which is around 3 Juz (chapters) a day. Every action is judged upon its intention so even if we do not complete the entire Qur'an we should at least intend to do so for ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى) looks for every excuse to reward his servants and may reward us like we completed the whole Qur'an if He wanted to for He is most generous and will reward His servants as much as He wants.

Annas رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰعنه reports that Rasulullah صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ said:
"Whoever reads the Qur'an, ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى) grants that person ten good deeds for every letter. And for one who hears the Qur’an being recited, ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى) grants a good deed for every letter, and such a person will be resurrected among those who will recite and ascend the stages of Jann'ah."

Abbas رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰعنه narrates that Rasulullah صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ said:
"He who listens to one letter of the Qur'an, ten good deeds are recorded for him, ten sins are forgiven, and his status is elevated by ten stages."

So if one letter of the Qur'an is equivalent to ten good deeds then imagine how much reward there is for reading each letter in these blessed 10 days which are said to be the best days of the year! SubhanAllah!

Note: We should try & recite Surah Ya-sin everyday particularly after Fajr time. We should also try to recite Surah Mulk before going to sleep & Surah Kahf every Jumma. Other very rewarding Surahs we can recite much of are Surah's Zilzalah, Al Kaafirun & Al Ikhlas

Abdullah Ibn ‘Abbas & Anas Ibn Malik رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰعنه reported that the Prophet صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ said,
‘Whoever recited Surah Zilzilah (99) would get the reward of reciting half the Qur’an. Whoever recited Surah al Kaafirun (109) would get a reward as if reading a quarter of the Qur’an. Whoever recited Surah al Ikhlas (112) would get a reward as if reading one third of the Qur’an’.
[At-Tirmidhi 2818/A]

Therefore let us recite as much of the Qur’an as we can in these first ten days and nights of this month and aim to finish at least one Qur'an if we can. Then let us continue reciting the Qur'an throughout the rest of the year, for there is no better worship of ALLAH (سبحانه وتعالى) than to recite the Qur'an InshaAllah!