• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*~*~♦ тнᴇ αят ᴏƒ ɢяᴏᴏмɪɴɢ уᴏυя ѕᴏυʟѕ ♦~*~*

Reaction score
Indeed, Allah is Ar-Rahman and Ar Rahim, and He will forgive any one who asks for forgiveness even if his sins were to reach the clouds of the sky. Allah is oft forgiving most merciful

but Jareer ibn Abdullah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, " Allah will not be merciful who to those who are not merciful to people"

Reaction score
And the slaves of the Most Beneficent (Allah) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. Quran 25:63

Reaction score
I can't stand the tl;dr generation.

Let me save you the googling, it means "too long, didn't read" and refers to folks who write that as a "comment" online to ignore something which they couldn't care less to read.

More and more folks seem to be subscribers to it. I understand that there is now just far too much to consume these days but then you should become selective instead - just please don't turn yourself full stupid by only bothering to read that which fits your attention span of a single sentence. One of our biggest failures in modern day society is that we don't read patiently, we don't read long, and we don't read right. Lack of good critical reading helps create moronic people. It creates Trump. It creates ISIS. It creates Kanye West. Yeah, it even gets *that* bad.

My social media experiment last week of keeping things super short was horrible. Normal multi-paragraphs writing is hereby resumed!
- Sh Abu Esa
tl;dr

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
tldr xD :p

P.S. to stay on topic:

What stops many of us from making dua is believing we can't accomplish what we want. Remember you are not making dua to yourself, it is ALLAH you're asking. NOTHING is too much for Allah.
In fact, when it was asked, "What if we increase in our dua?" the Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wassalam) said, "Allahu akthar (Allah is MORE!)" [Tirmidhi]

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Hazrat Umar (R.A.) sent Hazrat Umroo bin Aas (R.A.) to conquer Egypt. He led an army of
only four thousand. When he asked for support, a further army of four thousand was sent. In
this reinforcement, there were four specific people, about whom Hazrat Umar (R.A) said that
each one of them was equal to a thousand men. So consider the total army to be twelve
thousand! And twelve thousand people should not be defeated by an army of fewer men.
So it can be concluded that Hazrat Umar (R.A.) believed that the real emphasis is on the
quality, value and abilities of people, not on their quantity and number.

- sh. yousuf al-qardhawi

Reaction score
The Death of Death.

Abu Hurayra reported that Allah's Messenger said: "After the people of Paradise enter Paradise and the People of the Fire enter Hell, Death will be brought foreword in the form of a spotted ram. It will be on the wall which separates the people of Paradise from the people of the Fire. Then it will be said: 'O people of Paradise!' Thereupon they will raise their heads and stare apprehensively. Then it will be said: 'O people of the Fire!' Whereupon its inhabitants will raise their heads in hope of intercession. After this the people of Paradise and the inhabitants of the Fire will be addressed thus: 'Do you know what this is?' They will all reply: 'We know it; it is Death, which assigned to us.' Thereupon Death will be placed on its side and slaughtered on the wall. Finally it will be said: 'O people of Paradise, only eternity and no more death. O people of the Fire, only eternity and more death.'"

Reaction score
I can't stand the tl;dr generation.

Let me save you the googling, it means "too long, didn't read" and refers to folks who write that as a "comment" online to ignore something which they couldn't care less to read.

More and more folks seem to be subscribers to it. I understand that there is now just far too much to consume these days but then you should become selective instead - just please don't turn yourself full stupid by only bothering to read that which fits your attention span of a single sentence. One of our biggest failures in modern day society is that we don't read patiently, we don't read long, and we don't read right. Lack of good critical reading helps create moronic people. It creates Trump. It creates ISIS. It creates Kanye West. Yeah, it even gets *that* bad.

My social media experiment last week of keeping things super short was horrible. Normal multi-paragraphs writing is hereby resumed!
- Sh Abu Esa
The irony with tldr generation is that they haven't got time to write a full RIP for a dead person, let everything else set aside...

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
A strong believer is better and is more lovable to Allah than a weak believer, and there is good in everyone, (but) cherish that which gives you benefit (in the Hereafter) and seek help from Allah and do not lose heart, and if anything (in the form of trouble) comes to you, don't say: If I had not done that, it would not have happened so and so, but say: Allah did that what He had ordained to do and your" if" opens the (gate) for the Satan.
Sahih Muslim

may Allah s.w.t give us strength and control on anger and emotions.. ameeen

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
One of the ways to alleviate stress and get rid of mental anguish is by sending the ṣalat and salams upon our beloved Prophet Muḥammad (salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam).
In the hadith of Ubay b. Ka'b, he suggested to the Prophet (salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam) that he would dedicate all of his dhikr in sending ṣalawāt upon him. The Prophet (salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "In that case, all of your worries will be taken care of, and all of your sins forgiven" [Reported by al-Tirmidhī].
From this hadith, we learn that sending ṣalawāt is of the primary ways to rid us of stress and to bring peace and comfort to all of us!

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Okay. There is an issue surrounding hijab that I have been observing for many years. And it was finally time to write about it…

So I really hate being lied to. I suppose that’s why it makes me so angry to see the widespread deception caused by shaytan. There is this subtle deceptive tool becoming sooo pervasive—even among practicing people. And I’ve noticed how it plays out with hijab. Okay, before I get into how this trick works, let’s begin with the foundation:

#1. We are on a journey.

#2. Pleasing God is the destination.

#3. Obedience to God is the fuel.

Okay, now watch how this trick works. Shaytan says:

Step 1: “Hijab is a high spiritual *destination*. It is a ‘crown’ you wear once you’ve reached spiritual enlightenment/perfection.”

Step 2: “You aren’t there yet, spiritually.”

Step 3: “Therefore, you shouldn’t wear hijab until you first reach that level of spiritual enlightenment/perfection.” OR “If you already wear hijab, you aren’t at that spiritual level and you aren’t representing Islam well, so you should take it off until you can reach that level.”

Why this is a lie and a logical fallacy:

1. Hijab is NOT a crown you wear once you’ve reached spiritual enlightenment/perfection. Hijab is NOT a spiritual destination. Hijab is *part of the fuel (obedience)* to get there! It is part of the path to get to the destination: God.

2. Therefore, saying that I need to get to my destination (pleasing God), by displeasing God, is a logical fallacy. And that’s exactly the point. Shaytan knows this. It’s like seeing you’re gas tank running empty while driving to Los Angeles, and saying, “I first need to get to my destination, and THEN I’ll fill up with fuel.”

We need fuel *in order* to get to our destination.

Conclusion: Of course hijab is not the *only* fuel that fills the spiritual gas tank! But it is part of it! Why? Because it is part of our obedience to God. And refusing it, is an active and daily disobedience to the One we are trying to reach. Hijab isn’t for perfect people. There are no perfect people. If there’s anything that boils my blood, it’s when people say things like, “She might as well take off her hijab because she did…” Or “She wears *hijab* and she did…” As if the assumption is that once you wear hijab you are announcing to the world that you have become angelic. Hijab is not for angels. Hijab is for flawed, beautiful, humans who are saying every day that they are trying. And there is so much beauty in that struggle. Allah sees it. Even if you're struggling with other things, it could be this act of obedience that Allah accepts! And due to it, may even forgive your other shortcomings!

So don't lose hope or belittle any act of obedience--even if you see yourself as so flawed. One of the most common tricks of Shaytan is: "You're only doing this good deed to show off to people. So stop doing it! You're a hypocrite." The correct approach is to KEEP doing the good deed, while at the *same time* making duaa and struggling to purify your intention.

Remember, hijab isn’t a destination we get to. Hijab is part of the path. Just like everything else we struggle to do to obey and please God. Hijab is part of the fuel that is helping us reach our destination: God.
- YAsmin Moghahed

Reaction score
So I really hate being lied to. I suppose that’s why it makes me so angry to see the widespread deception caused by shaytan.

if you keep looking at different opinions as something of an attack then your intolerance will surface as anger and decisions made in anger almost never benefit anyone

it might be easier to type on a keyboard with anger (since it will give you no exposure to the facial expressions of a person with a different point of view, being face to face with someone you see as an enemy/attacker/"shaitan" will elicit anger within you) to argue your point (though even the keyboard does not always make it easy for most emotionally compromised people), however, when in face to face conversations/confrontations ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21303993 ) you will lose your composure and will not be able to argue appropriately and a demonstration of anger/intolerance (the thought police approach), will keep people from listening to you and so it will be counter productive

so become more tolerant and present your point (do NOT argue but rather DISCUSS) calmly with logic, even though most religious people (specially those of the preachy mindset) tend to be intolerant

however, that can be changed by reading copious amounts of material that is logical (i would not include religious text in that category since it is irrational -- at this point your limbic system will be SCREAMING to kick in the emotions/bias/intolerance .. it will happen so fast you will barely notice it depending upon your level of emotional control), reading logical material (basically something that no limits to questioning anything) activates the logic/executive center of the brain (the pre-frontal cotex) as opposed to the limbic system (emotion center of the brain), reading sensible material (not religious text) will also improve your verbal skills, christopher hitchens is a very good example

Effects of reading

Christoher hitchens - he almost never loses his composure and is a brilliant debator, watch his videos and learn

as for the biology behind anger
http://thebrain.mcgill.ca/flash/d/d_05/d_05_cr/d_05_cr_her/d_05_cr_her.html
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3260787/
https://lakesideconnect.com/anger-and-violence/how-does-anger-happen-in-the-brain/

Some anger management skills
http://www.apa.org/topics/anger/control.aspx
http://cognitiveprinciplematrix.com.au/anger/trying-to-change-old-habits-is-old-school/

now if you see me as shiatan then obviously none of this will help you since you start your thought process with intolerance and bias

use less of "shiatan!! shaitan!!!" and use more logic

Attachments

• Healing the Angry Brain.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
if you keep looking at different opinions as something of an attack then your intolerance will surface as anger and decisions made in anger almost never benefit anyone

it might be easier to type on a keyboard with anger (since it will give you no exposure to the facial expressions of a person with a different point of view, being face to face with someone you see as an enemy/attacker/"shaitan" will elicit anger within you) to argue your point (though even the keyboard does not always make it easy for most emotionally compromised people), however, when in face to face conversations/confrontations ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21303993 ) you will lose your composure and will not be able to argue appropriately and a demonstration of anger/intolerance (the thought police approach), will keep people from listening to you and so it will be counter productive

so become more tolerant and present your point (do NOT argue but rather DISCUSS) calmly with logic, even though most religious people (specially those of the preachy mindset) tend to be intolerant

however, that can be changed by reading copious amounts of material that is logical (i would not include religious text in that category since it is irrational -- at this point your limbic system will be SCREAMING to kick in the emotions/bias/intolerance .. it will happen so fast you will barely notice it depending upon your level of emotional control), reading logical material (basically something that no limits to questioning anything) activates the logic/executive center of the brain (the pre-frontal cotex) as opposed to the limbic system (emotion center of the brain), reading sensible material (not religious text) will also improve your verbal skills, christopher hitchens is a very good example

Effects of reading

Christoher hitchens - he almost never loses his composure and is a brilliant debator, watch his videos and learn

as for the biology behind anger
http://thebrain.mcgill.ca/flash/d/d_05/d_05_cr/d_05_cr_her/d_05_cr_her.html
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3260787/
https://lakesideconnect.com/anger-and-violence/how-does-anger-happen-in-the-brain/

Some anger management skills
http://www.apa.org/topics/anger/control.aspx
http://cognitiveprinciplematrix.com.au/anger/trying-to-change-old-habits-is-old-school/

now if you see me as shiatan then obviously none of this will help you since you start your thought process with intolerance and bias

use less of "shiatan!! shaitan!!!" and use more logic

I am so glad to see your analysis on my behaviour on a thread that doesnt concern you and a post that went well over your head....
We might b able to confide in you a secret or two. So you see, we might have emotional problems and anger issues and extreme intolerance,
but what we dont have is the ability to ignore the whole message and giving a 500 word analysis of the first line.... see, disagreeing with someone's opinion requires you to first read it and understand it...
and please try to understand, its better to not show off all that knowledge and links (that you find so hard to retain/contain/ express simply, that you have to post vids, books and links)... not very effective communication there.... not everyone is robotic and free enough to go through so much irrelevant material presented without comprehension of the post that you have replied to....

Reaction score
I am so glad to see your analysis on my behaviour on a thread that doesnt concern you and a post that went well over your head....
We might b able to confide in you a secret or two. So you see, we might have emotional problems and anger issues and extreme intolerance,
but what we dont have is the ability to ignore the whole message and giving a 500 word analysis of the first line.... see, disagreeing with someone's opinion requires you to first read it and understand it...
and please try to understand, its better to not show off all that knowledge and links (that you find so hard to retain/contain/ express simply, that you have to post vids, books and links)... not very effective communication there.... not everyone is robotic and free enough to go through so much irrelevant material presented without comprehension of the post that you have replied to....
i did read the post and understood it but i did not want to comment on it since it is something i do not care about
my point was simple, no need to see different opinions as an attack because the moment you start with even a hint of aggression people in general either tend to become aggressive in return or switch off, in the sense that they become even more deeply rooted in their own bias
my response was not an analysis of that line (that would have been a different discussion based upon you, your anger, supernatural entities assuming that by shaitan you meant "the devil" and not someone being evil) but rather what i typed were a few pointers about the impact of anger in communication, why it happens and how it can be controlled, it was not specifically about your behavior but people in general, anger works in similar ways for most people from the point of view of the processes in the brain so i used you as an example, only training can overcome that tendency to get angry and it is always a work in progress due to the neuro-plasticity of the brain
and it is not a matter of showing-off but rather sharing information (not only with you but rather with everyone over here); links for videos, books, etc are essential otherwise there is no support for whatever i say, even if i do type the content of the links in my own words it will quite simply not be as effective as the source material itself, whoever wants to check it will check it and it is not a matter of being robotic but rather having an interest in learning stuff, also i did not reply to the entire post but rather the issue of getting angry so i quoted that specific part of the post, whereas over here i have addressed your entire message so i have quoted it accordingly

Last edited:
Reaction score
i did read the post and understood it but i did not want to comment on it since it is something i do not care about
my point was simple, no need to see different opinions as an attack because the moment you start with even a hint of aggression people in general either tend to become aggressive in return or switch off, in the sense that they become even more deeply rooted in their own bias
my response was not an analysis of that line (that would have been a different discussion based upon you, your anger, supernatural entities assuming that by shaitan you meant "the devil" and not someone being evil) but rather what i typed were a few pointers about the impact of anger in communication, why it happens and how it can be controlled, it was not specifically about your behavior but people in general, anger works in similar ways for most people from the point of view of the processes in the brain so i used you as an example, only training can overcome that tendency to get angry and it is always a work in progress due to the neuro-plasticity of the brain
and it is not a matter of showing-off but rather sharing information (not only with you but rather with everyone over here); links for videos, books, etc are essential otherwise there is no support for whatever i say, even if i do type the content of the links in my own words it will quite simply not be as effective as the source material itself, whoever wants to check it will check it and it is not a matter of being robotic but rather having an interest in learning stuff, also i did not reply to the entire post but rather the issue of getting angry so i quoted that specific part of the post, whereas over here i have addressed your entire message so i have quoted it accordingly
hey! what you are your views on Emotional Intelligence?

Reaction score
hey! what you are your views on Emotional Intelligence?
my opinion regarding emotional intelligence would be very pointless because years of research has had a tough time trying to reconcile the different conclusions (however, i will give my opinion since you have asked)

in-fact in most cases i point to facts rather than my opinion, so it is always a better option to check the peer reviewed papers and come to your own conclusion, start at wikipedia and then go through each reference is the simplest, well organized and hard-work based approach you can adopt, it will be not as detailed as a book but will enough references for you to do further reading

as far as practicing emotional intelligence that is recognizing, accepting, understanding and managing my emotions or those of others, for me it was a challenge until I decided to throw away all irrationality

when i made the decision to do so i automatically started to become more patient, i was willing to listen to others no matter how much i disagreed with them, I also became less confrontational even when they took personal swipes at me instead of addressing the issues ... so emotions began to 'mean' very little to me but I became better at managing emotions ... practically to apply emotional intelligence:-
1. stopping for around 3 seconds to absorb the opinions of others and then responding helps a lot, this prevents emotional knee jerk reactions
2. realizing the biological processes (hormones/parts of the brain) behind our thoughts lets me eat, drink, perform physical activity and rest appropriately so physiologically i am for the most part ready to accept/control my emotions, think about it this way: almost all states of mind are temporary, affected by temporary states of physiology, so if you control your nutrition, recovery (sleep/meditation) and physical/mental activity then you will be ready for being emotionally intelligent
3.sitting in a comfortable chair with the optimal posture, closing your eyes, focusing on your breathing and thinking about nothing, also lets the brain relax
4.reading sensible material backed by scientific research rather than assumptions and emotions

hope this answers your question