• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*~*~♦ тнᴇ αят ᴏƒ ɢяᴏᴏмɪɴɢ уᴏυя ѕᴏυʟѕ ♦~*~*

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
"In a mother’s womb were two babies.
One baby asked the other:
“Do you believe in life after delivery?”
The other replied, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”
“Nonsense” said the first.
“There is no life after delivery.
What kind of life would that be?”
The second said, “I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we can’t understand now.”
The first replied, “That is absurd.
Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is so short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”
The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we won’t need this physical cord anymore.”
The first replied, “Nonsense. And moreover if there is life, then why has no one ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after - delivery there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”
“Well, I don’t know,” said the second, “but certainly we will meet Mother and she will take care of us.”
The first replied “Mother?
You actually believe in Mother?
That’s laughable. If Mother exists then where is She now?”
The second said, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of Her. It is in Her that we live. Without Her this world would not and could not exist.”
Said the first: “Well I don’t see Her, so it is only logical that She doesn’t exist.”
To which the second replied, “Sometimes, when you’re in silence and you focus and listen, you can perceive Her presence, and you can hear Her loving voice, calling down from above.”
May be this was one of the best explanations to the concept of *GOD.*"
- Unknown

Reaction score
my opinion regarding emotional intelligence would be very pointless because years of research has had a tough time trying to reconcile the different conclusions (however, i will give my opinion since you have asked)

in-fact in most cases i point to facts rather than my opinion, so it is always a better option to check the peer reviewed papers and come to your own conclusion, start at wikipedia and then go through each reference is the simplest, well organized and hard-work based approach you can adopt, it will be not as detailed as a book but will enough references for you to do further reading

as far as practicing emotional intelligence that is recognizing, accepting, understanding and managing my emotions or those of others, for me it was a challenge until I decided to throw away all irrationality

when i made the decision to do so i automatically started to become more patient, i was willing to listen to others no matter how much i disagreed with them, I also became less confrontational even when they took personal swipes at me instead of addressing the issues ... so emotions began to 'mean' very little to me but I became better at managing emotions ... practically to apply emotional intelligence:-
1. stopping for around 3 seconds to absorb the opinions of others and then responding helps a lot, this prevents emotional knee jerk reactions
2. realizing the biological processes (hormones/parts of the brain) behind our thoughts lets me eat, drink, perform physical activity and rest appropriately so physiologically i am for the most part ready to accept/control my emotions, think about it this way: almost all states of mind are temporary, affected by temporary states of physiology, so if you control your nutrition, recovery (sleep/meditation) and physical/mental activity then you will be ready for being emotionally intelligent
3.sitting in a comfortable chair with the optimal posture, closing your eyes, focusing on your breathing and thinking about nothing, also lets the brain relax
4.reading sensible material backed by scientific research rather than assumptions and emotions

hope this answers your question
Yeah this was quite brilliant. Your deep research into everything shows you are quite clever person as per the requirement of the modern world. I've been into Emotional Intelligence quite recently and I found out high IQ is no longer the standard, EQ is.
But, somehow you need a little study about Islam too. Your every post just goes against our religion for no reason, I mean you do have reasons but they all seem like biased, maybe a little deeper study into it will do.
Coming back to the topic,
Emotional Intelligence, in my words, is the ability to identify and control your emotions, through the connection of your hind brain (the emotional one) with the rational one. And researches have shown that the ability to connect your rational brain with emotional one immediately (like this is what we can't do in critical situations) can be enhanced by meditation.
And tell you what? As I thought more about it, the more I realized how Islam is the name of high Emotional Intelligence indirectly (or maybe even directly). Maybe nothing has been said about it yet by researchers or others but this is purely my own comparison.
We, as Muslims, as compulsory act of worship, meditate five times a day. Yes, our prayer is a kind of high level of meditation where we form the link with our Creator, driving everything away from our mind, putting in our full focus. Yes, of course, it does depend upon the person praying, whether they are paying their full attention or just reciting like a mundane routine, whether they do it like a horse race or in a really slow motion. But what Islam requires is a slow motion, meditative, thoughtful and mindful prayer. that's a good prayer.
Moreover, you must be familiar with the idea of 'Jihad', (because that's quite a good point to write against Islam, the way media presents it).
There are two kinds of Jihads, one of which is done at 'personal level'. It's to abstain yourself to lean towards the evil side. It's about saying no to yourself. It's about continuous self-improvement, towards a better 'version' of yourself .
And compare that with high emotional intelligence now, it's the same as that. It's about saying 'no' to things that you know will not come out productively. The outcome of which will not be in your favor. People with high emotional intelligence, don't do everything, they only do things that have a positive outcome for them, so does a Muslim. They control their emotions, so does a Muslim.
Umm... the list could go on and on and I haven't yet done much research on it yet due to my approaching exams but believe me, the more you learn about EQ, the more you will relate it with a good Muslim.
So, my point is, maybe why you lean towards the negative side of Muslims' beliefs are because you haven't done much research about it. I invite you to study my religion, instead of doing research on things, and collecting and analyzing points that could go contradictory to it. :)

Reaction score
Yeah this was quite brilliant. Your deep research into everything shows you are quite clever person as per the requirement of the modern world. I've been into Emotional Intelligence quite recently and I found out high IQ is no longer the standard, EQ is.
But, somehow you need a little study about Islam too. Your every post just goes against our religion for no reason, I mean you do have reasons but they all seem like biased, maybe a little deeper study into it will do.
Emotional Intelligence, in my words, is the ability to identify and control your emotions, through the connection of your hind brain (the emotional one) with the rational one. And researches have shown that the ability to connect your rational brain with emotional one immediately (like this is what we can't do in critical situations) can be enhanced by meditation.
And tell you what? As I thought more about it, the more I realized how Islam is the name of high Emotional Intelligence indirectly (or maybe even directly). Maybe nothing has been said about it yet by researchers or others but this is purely my own comparison.
We, as Muslims, as compulsory act of worship, meditate five times a day. Yes, our prayer is a kind of high level of meditation where we form the link with our Creator, driving everything away from our mind, putting in our full focus. Yes, of course, it does depend upon the person praying, whether they are paying their full attention or just reciting like a mundane routine, whether they do it like a horse race or in a really slow motion. But what Islam requires is a slow motion, meditative, thoughtful and mindful prayer. that's a good prayer.
Moreover, you must be familiar with the idea of 'Jihad', (because that's quite a good point to write against Islam, the way media presents it).
There are two kinds of Jihads, one of which is done at 'personal level'. It's to abstain yourself to lean towards the evil side. It's about saying no to yourself. It's about continuous self-improvement, towards a better 'version' of yourself .
And compare that with high emotional intelligence now, it's the same as that. It's about saying 'no' to things that you know will not come out productively. The outcome of which will not be in your favor. People with high emotional intelligence, don't do everything, they only do things that have a positive outcome for them, so does a Muslim. They control their emotions, so does a Muslim.
Umm... the list could go on and on and I haven't yet done much research on it yet due to my approaching exams but believe me, the more you learn about EQ, the more you will relate it with a good Muslim.
So, my point is, maybe why you lean towards the negative side of Muslims' beliefs are because you haven't done much research about it. I invite you to study my religion, instead of doing research on things, and collecting and analyzing points that could go contradictory to it. :)
i was a muslim, understood islam and I found it to be horrible/irrational, for some of my objections https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/for-science-students.46132/
i do not care if someone else wants to follow islam or any other religion or no religion, as long as others are not harmed and rationality/science is used

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
"In a mother’s womb were two babies.
One baby asked the other:
“Do you believe in life after delivery?”
The other replied, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”
“Nonsense” said the first.
“There is no life after delivery.
What kind of life would that be?”
The second said, “I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we can’t understand now.”
The first replied, “That is absurd.
Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is so short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”
The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we won’t need this physical cord anymore.”
The first replied, “Nonsense. And moreover if there is life, then why has no one ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after - delivery there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”
“Well, I don’t know,” said the second, “but certainly we will meet Mother and she will take care of us.”
The first replied “Mother?
You actually believe in Mother?
That’s laughable. If Mother exists then where is She now?”
The second said, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of Her. It is in Her that we live. Without Her this world would not and could not exist.”
Said the first: “Well I don’t see Her, so it is only logical that She doesn’t exist.”
To which the second replied, “Sometimes, when you’re in silence and you focus and listen, you can perceive Her presence, and you can hear Her loving voice, calling down from above.”
May be this was one of the best explanations to the concept of *GOD.*"
- Unknown

u know this is beautiful... coz one of the names of Allah s,w,t Ar-Rahman comes from the same word... raham... the womb of the mother... no wonder it has such deep parallels... awesome sharing!

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score

on a similar note... you know, my area of interest is teaching and communication... coz even at work i have to manage ppl and its cool if you can make them get you... and so upon some study I found out best ways of telling ppl stuff so that they retain... and its so cool that Quran and ahadith use those techniques so well and extensively that its mind blowing.... and it makes so much sense.... subhanAllah.....
like the best way to get your point across so that ppl retain and ACT is to tell stories... and you find so many stories in Quran and seerah... Like to be a manual for life Quran is such a small book yet full of stories... also stories in Quran are so epic coz they repeat and even while repeating certain things are highlighted more based on topic being taught... its like story telling but so profound that it can only be divine! makes your heart melt....

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
i was a muslim, understood islam and I found it to be horrible/irrational, for some of my objections https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/for-science-students.46132/
i do not care if someone else wants to follow islam or any other religion or no religion, as long as others are not harmed and rationality/science is used
but u couldnt be wrong when you made that decision...? you couldnt have left some rationale unexplored?
what do you mean by ppl being harmed?

P.S. I've a request, try keeping your responses short (meaning without links etc... I will trust your sources if they make sense, i dont need to see them.... I dont need you to quote each 'fact' you present... not every form of communication in life is a research paper mate.... )

Reaction score
but u couldnt be wrong when you made that decision...?

no

you couldnt have left some rationale unexplored?

no

what do you mean by ppl being harmed?

no hidden meaning in that it is quite simple

P.S. I've a request, try keeping your responses short (meaning without links etc... I will trust your sources if they make sense, i dont need to see them.... I dont need you to quote each 'fact' you present... not every form of communication in life is a research paper mate.... )

my responses are not only for you they are for anyone and everyone who wants to read, the links are just there you do NOT HAVE to read/check them nor do you need to respond that very day or moment, there is nothing wrong with reading material slowly and responding after days, weeks or months, stop treating it as a debate or some sort of a competition and treat it more like a discussion/conversation, control the impulse to respond there and then, take your time, even if you do not respond you will not suffer any practical loss nor will anyone else

and those people who force you to respond, politely tell them "this is something on which i would like to do more research and then i will get back to you", there is nothing wrong with this approach and I use it quite often, INFORMED opinions are always better, so where necessary i will back my statements with facts

Reaction score
Seriously man you make me laugh,

Cannot be off a more dramatic movie scene. You enter in a muslim group that was made solely for the purpose of zikr. Guns blazing and all. You take evidence from videos that we dont believe in if you dont believe in our book. An argument that does not have a common empire often gothe way they are going right about now.

Reaction score
1- A person who is not willing to think that he might be wrong even for a single second even just for the sake of an argument near me is not rational.

2- A person who thinks that he has completely studied the Quran and Sunnah to the depths of it at the age of what? 16? is not rational to me.

3- A person who comes to a group of muslims just for the sake of causing fitnah is not a straight shooter.

4- A person who gives video link cux he is not learned enough to explain his own point does not look prepared and well researched to me.

Reaction score
Seriously man you make me laugh,

Cannot be off a more dramatic movie scene. You enter in a muslim group that was made solely for the purpose of zikr. Guns blazing and all. You take evidence from videos that we dont believe in if you dont believe in our book. An argument that does not have a common empire often gothe way they are going right about now.

i am assuming this is addressed to me

my reply (message #15495) was regarding anger and its management, so as for the evidence that i have given it is also regarding that, you do not 'believe' in scientific evidence you either accept it or reject it, when you reject it then you give evidence that contradicts the findings of that particular research, so I was not arguing against anyone or anything

the moment i mentioned about islam in particular was when i was invited to look at islam, so i simply pointed out that i was a muslim and i left islam (message # 15503) , so i did not argue against anyone/any idea over here again, however, i did provide the link to another thread in which the discussion was varied and some of my positions regarding islam were in that thread

so i am unsure which argument you are referring to

nor is there anything dramatic going on

Last edited:

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score

my reply (message #15495) was regarding anger and its management, so as for the evidence that i have given it is also regarding that, you do not 'believe' in scientific evidence you either accept it or reject it, when you reject it then you give evidence that contradicts the findings of that particular research, so I was not arguing against anyone or anything

the moment i mentioned about islam in particular was when i was invited to look at islam, so i simply pointed out that i was a muslim and i left islam (message # 15503) , so i did not argue against anyone/any idea over here again, however, i did provide the link to another thread in which the discussion was varied and some of my positions regarding islam were in that thread

And you better assume the next post by that author was also addressed to you....

Reaction score
1- A person who is not willing to think that he might be wrong even for a single second even just for the sake of an argument near me is not rational.

I am assuming this is addressed to me as well, if not then ignore my reply

if you are referring to the argument of whether god exists, then there is simply no evidence, if you are referring to my rejection of islam, my have had enough discussions with people who are quite knowledgeable about islam and i have studied islam for a long time since a young age but more importantly if I do not believe in the existence of a god or gods or any other supernatural entities then in that case islam or any other religion becomes irrelevant for me, so nothing irrational there, however, if you still think i am irrational go ahead and think so

2- A person who thinks that he has completely studied the Quran and Sunnah to the depths of it at the age of what? 16? is not rational to me.

I have answered this in the point above

3- A person who comes to a group of muslims just for the sake of causing fitnah is not a straight shooter.

not really, read message # 15511

4- A person who gives video link cux he is not learned enough to explain his own point does not look prepared and well researched to me.

i have addressed this issue in message # 15498

and please do quote or tag, when replying to a particular message or when addressing a person

Last edited:
Reaction score

Well hello the post ou quoted was on the topic of hijab and not on the topic of either athiesm or anger issues. Ofcourse you found it to your benefit that you twist someones words and use them to your advantage. Not only is that off topic but also highly irrational.

Reaction score
The thing that you need to understand is that this world is bigger than you. Are we concerned about your believes? No sir we are not.
For the benefit of your own soul you may be atheist agnostic or what ever it is that you call these days, you should not do off topics and misquote text to
serve as a platform to impose your opinion on others. Others moreover who do not even want to know what your opinion is. Highly irrational id say.

Reaction score
Well hello the post ou quoted was on the topic of hijab and not on the topic of either athiesm or anger issues. Ofcourse you found it to your benefit that you twist someones words and use them to your advantage. Not only is that off topic but also highly irrational.

I have adressed this issue in message # 15498

Reaction score
The thing that you need to understand is that this world is bigger than you. Are we concerned about your believes? No sir we are not.
For the benefit of your own soul you may be atheist agnostic or what ever it is that you call these days, you should not do off topics and misquote text to
serve as a platform to impose your opinion on others. Others moreover who do not even want to know what your opinion is. Highly irrational id say.
i did not impose my opinion upon anyone, read message #15503

Reaction score
Besides this site is moderated by Muslims and unless you see a thread inviting you to talk about a debate of Muslims against atheists
kindly do not deviate others by your misinterpretation and analysis of the religion Islam. Such posts would be deleted as we are not here to debate on
that topic but the thread was made for the purpose of Zikr. If you believe in Atheism kindly do so in private or on forums where it is welcomed. Thank you.
We do not argue with people who think they are hundred percent right as their brain or hearts are not open and unbiased. May you have success in life. Peace

Reaction score
Besides this site is moderated by Muslims and unless you see a thread inviting you to talk about a debate of Muslims against atheists
kindly do not deviate others by your misinterpretation and analysis of the religion Islam. Such posts would be deleted as we are not here to debate on
that topic but the thread was made for the purpose of Zikr. If you believe in Atheism kindly do so in private or on forums where it is welcomed. Thank you.
We do not argue with people who think they are hundred percent right as their brain or hearts are not open and unbiased. May you have success in life. Peace
i have never told anyone not to follow their beliefs so i have not deviated anyone from their beliefs nor did i argue with anyone, i just shared information

coming to a conclusion after years of research and choosing not to believe in the existence of a supernatural entity due to no evidence, shows that a person is not being biased and that a person has an open mind, however, starting with the notion that your particular set of beliefs are perfect and there can be no doubt even though there is no evidence (which is what faith is), that is being biased and shows not having an open mind ... this is a general statement it does not apply specifically to you or me or any specific religion since there are multiple people with both approaches

Last edited: