• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Account banning policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have been a member of the xpc community for long, although not a very active one but my connection with the community traces back to almost a year. Today I am very sorrowed because this one community which has been an ultimate support is being probably administered by rules that do not go with the time. My friend namely Monster created a thread this morning stating the same issue, I am here to state that a friend of ours and a significantly popular member of the community IStoleYourCookie has been banned due to unspecified reasons and when we raised the question of whether it is rightful to ban somebody on their freedom of expression without specifying the faults the admin finds with that member, all the admin had to offer was to ban that thread. When we rise the suggestion of changing the moderators on yearly basis through a fair electoral process, all the admin had to offer was to suppress our voice rather than considering it and responding to it with their believes convincingly.
Hereby I am tagging all the people who I believe should support this cause and anybody else who wants to be a part of this please tag yourself because we have only one slogan:
"Today its her, Tomorrow it can be you"
Monster
Maimoona Sohail
MnMz

Tim(95)

RainbowSkittles

Epiphany

Chocolate Fantasy

GetSomeLife

Reaction score
There's this general problem with this community, whatever the suggestions we keep on presenting, rather than pondering over them and making something good out of them, they completely discard them without any second thoughts over the matter. Previously, I've suggested the need to introduce a English-only forum and sub-forums, where users may use any other languages, as it is, this being an international forum, targeting an audience around the world and not just from a specific area. The idea was indeed discarded. Anyway, not deteriorating the actual cause of creation of this thread in the first place, I second the realization of Chunky and Monster have brought before us, regarding the issue with the administrators and hope this isn't ignored. Like it always have been. :)

Reaction score
I totally agree with you Chunky, Things don't work this way, We should all have a right to speak up and be heard.
Baji, right to speak up? :S :O
The purpose of this website/ this forum 'is basically' education and 'not' Using and trying out your 'right of speech' ._. :O
Come on...! Everyone here is great. I like the admin and the moderators and I dont think they'd ban anyone without a reason :S

Reaction score
The purpose of this website/ this forum 'is basically' education and 'not' Using and trying out your 'right of speech' ._. :O
Come on...! Everyone here is great. I like the admin and the moderators and I dont think they'd ban anyone without a reason :S
I know the main purpose of this site is to impart knowledge but at the end of the day it is practically wrong to ban somebody without specifying reasons and not letting them make another account. If the administration board has a solid reason they should mention it. We are all ears and we promise to listen and present our view accordingly.
As for liking the admin and moderators, liking them wouldn't change our suggestion of changing them on electoral basis yearly because with power comes responsibility and I am very sorry to say some of the moderators are using the power they have in an undue manner.

Reaction score
I know the main purpose of this site is to impart knowledge but at the end of the day it is practically wrong to ban somebody without specifying reasons and not letting them make another account. If the administration board has a solid reason they should mention it. We are all ears and we promise to listen and present our view accordingly.
As for liking the admin and moderators, liking them wouldn't change our suggestion of changing them on electoral basis yearly because with power comes responsibility and I am very sorry to say some of the moderators are using the power they have in an undue manner.
I totally agree with Monster some moderators are using the power they havi in an undue manner.

Reaction score

The problem here, is that there is too much power in the hands of too few people. Some of whom may act out of emotions and anger and not professionally.

Reaction score
I know the main purpose of this site is to impart knowledge but at the end of the day it is practically wrong to ban somebody with specifying reasons and not letting them make another account. If the administration board has a solid reason they should mention it. We are all ears and we promise to listen and present our view accordingly.
Baaji, its the choice of the admin, he is the in charge in here, not us.
Suggestions are always welcomed, but forcing someone to do what you believe is right, Is so not a good idea, that's what I believe :S

Reaction score
I for one know the admin... trust them ... and i know they do not ban people just to make things easier for themselves... infact they go to the very limit of ignorance before they ban someone. im not saying this just to appease the admin ... but i have seen them dealing with very critical matters and its not always wise to tell everyone wat their reasons are. You can ask the admin to reconsider their decision... but you cn neither force them to listen to us nor demand for the reason of someone being banned.

Reaction score
The problem here, is that there is too much power in the hands of too few people. Some of whom may act out of emotions and anger and not professionally.
for example? anyone in particular who has behaved injustly?

Reaction score
well, I dont want to sound mean but, if someone have some emotional (probably personal) issues with some people (with authority) they should keep it out of here... THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR THISSS!! :S

Reaction score
I for one know the admin... trust them ... and i know they do not ban people just to make things easier for themselves... infact they go to the very limit of ignorance before they ban someone. im not saying this just to appease the admin ... but i have seen them dealing with very critical matters and its not always wise to tell everyone wat their reasons are. You can ask the admin to reconsider their decision... but you cn neither force them to listen to us nor demand for the reason of someone being banned.

The thing is that maybe that admin or mod. is good to you, but doesn't act in the same manner with someone else due to many reason, some of which you are ignorant about.
Not all admins or mods. act professionally when it comes to applying all the rules and regulations.

Reaction score
Baaji, its the choice of the admin, he is the in charge in here, not us.
Suggestions are always welcomed, but forcing someone to do what you believe is right, Is so not a good idea, that's what I believe :S
Well and good, I am not forcing him, neither am I standing with a hammer on his head telling him he has to do it. We have made a thread in the suggestions forum and we are just presenting the public view so that he can consider it. Although I am very grieved to mention this one fact you are ignoring that I made a thread in the morning presenting the similar incentive but when I logged in, in the evening it was banned. Is this how the admin is welcoming the suggestions? I don't think this is a good idea.

Reaction score
well, I dont want to sound mean but, if someone have some emotional (probably personal) issues with some people (with authority) they should keep it out of here... THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR THISSS!! :S

If that was true then the admin or mod. should deal with it in another manner outside this forum and not by banning that person. Because last time I checked this place is not owned by all the mods. and admins.

Reaction score
Well and good, I am not forcing him, neither am I standing with a hammer on his head telling him he has to do it. We have made a thread in the suggestions forum and we are just presenting the public view so that he can consider it. Although I am very grieved to mention this one fact you are ignoring that I made a thread in the morning presenting the similar incentive but when I logged in, in the evening it was banned. Is this how the admin is welcoming the suggestions? I don't think this is a good idea.
Baaji, all I can say is, 'Calm down and think.'

Reaction score
The thing is that maybe that admin or mod. is good to you, but doesn't act in the same manner with someone else due to many reason, some of which you are ignorant about.
Not all admins or mods. act professionally when it comes to applying all the rules and regulations.

you dun get me elaine. i m not saying they are good to me. im saying that they have a very hard tym keeping this place safe from cheap ppl , dangerous in different ways and they do know their work. you of all the people shud understand this elaine... given ur experience over here...

Status
Not open for further replies.