• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P1 MCQs Preparation Thread.

Reaction score
U gotta learn this... it's simple. Just learn it right now.
K-capture is the opposite of a normal Beta emission.
In normal beta reaction:
n ---> p + e

In K-capture:
e + p ----> n

So... remove a proton, 28 - 1 = 27 (Proton No.)
And add a neutron.
Look at the Nucleon number: 59 (Remove a proton) - 1 (Add a neutron) + 1 = 59

And the winner of this round is:
C.

Got it?

Reaction score
Thank u immensely.

Best of luck yeah u too!

Btw, one final question: w12/qp12/q10...
Can u explain the logic?
The man's motion is a projectile; hence, the horizontal component is always constant and the vertical component is the one that changes. This means that velocity can never be zero since there is a non-zero horizontal component that never changes. So C is ruled out!
A can not be the answer because it shows that velocity increases then decreases, but in the real sense, the velocity will decrease first since the skier is moving upwards against gravity and then it will increase.
Hence, B and D are the only options left. I'm not sure of this part of the explanation, but this is what I think:
The acceleration/deceleration is not constant and therefore, B can not be the answer due to the straight line gradient which represents constant acceleration.
So the answer is D :)

Reaction score
U gotta learn this... it's simple. Just learn it right now.
K-capture is the opposite of a normal Beta emission.
In normal beta reaction:
n ---> p + e

In K-capture:
e + p ----> n

So... remove a proton, 28 - 1 = 27 (Proton No.)
And add a neutron.
Look at the Nucleon number: 59 (Remove a proton) - 1 (Add a neutron) + 1 = 59

And the winner of this round is:
C.

Got it?

thanks a KABAGILLION! thanks man :D

Reaction score
The man's motion is a projectile; hence, the horizontal component is always constant and the vertical component is the one that changes. This means that velocity can never be zero since there is a non-zero horizontal component that never changes. So C is ruled out!
A can not be the answer because it shows that velocity increases then decreases, but in the real sense, the velocity will decrease first since the skier is moving upwards against gravity and then it will increase.
Hence, B and D are the only options left. I'm not sure of this part of the explanation, but this is what I think:
The acceleration/deceleration is not constant and therefore, B can not be the answer due to the straight line gradient which represents constant acceleration.
So the answer is D :)
Thanx!
The CIE guys sure know how to knock u out with those graphs!

Reaction score
ih
oh wait yea its C, i forgot.. but why is it C i was expecting it to be a B since acceleration is contant as g?
Yeah... acceleration is constant ie g... when the object's only being acted upon by GRAVITY!
SInce it's a tallll building, there MUST b some Air resistance.
Then cometh the usual AR incr. --- Vel. Incr. --- Acc. decr. to zero ---- terminal velocity and the rest.

Reaction score
Yeah... acceleration is constant ie g... when the object's only being acted upon by GRAVITY!
SInce it's a tallll building, there MUST b some Air resistance.
Then cometh the usual AR incr. --- Vel. Incr. --- Acc. decr. to zero ---- terminal velocity and the rest.

crap! those trixy little cie people! smh.. thanks a ton man :D

Reaction score
Hey can someone help me with this

dt7cLMK.png