• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P1 MCQs Preparation Thread.

Reaction score
Extention is directly proportional to length and inversly proportional to area......
so for same extention for both wires P and Q, tention in P will be F for length l and tention in Q will be F/2 for length 2l, tention in P will be F for area A and tention in Q will be F/2 for area A/2.............
so the total ratio due to length l and 2l and area A and A/2 will be........
(tention in P)/(tention in Q)=4/1 ( D )

Reaction score
Extention is directly proportional to length and inversly proportional to area......
so for same extention for both wires P and Q, tention in P will be F for length l and tention in Q will be F/2 for length 2l, tention in P will be F for area A and tention in Q will be F/2 for area A/2.............
so the total ratio due to length l and 2l and area A and A/2 will be........
(tention in P)/(tention in Q)=4/1 ( D )
yea thnx :)

Reaction score
Q29; d*sin(angle)=n*lamda
sin(angle)=(n*lamda)/d
as the angle is same for both, sin(angle) will also be same
(3*lamda)/d=(2*600)/d
solving this eq. gives lamda=400 ( B )

Q33; R is directly proportional to length and inversly proportional to area........
As the volume is same,when length is doubled, area is halved so new resistance will be 4R ( D )

Reaction score
MCQ NO 24 pls why its B not C :S

Attachments

• 9702_w02_qp_1.pdf
    150.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 9702_w02_er.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
Its A becoz u knw electric field= voltage/ distance from dis u knw electric field nd distance r inversly proportanl so increasing da distance will decrease the electric field it cant be C because resistance is directly proprtional to the voltage so increasing the resistanc will increase the voltage therby electric field increase ( voltage nd electric field directly proprtionl).
Hop u understand!!!

Reaction score
Its A becoz u knw electric field= voltage/ distance from dis u knw electric field nd distance r inversly proportanl so increasing da distance will decrease the electric field it cant be C because resistance is directly proprtional to the voltage so increasing the resistanc will increase the voltage therby electric field increase ( voltage nd electric field directly proprtionl).
Hop u understand!!!
But increasing the resistor value will give the resistor more voltage and thus give less voltage to the plates am i right? Won't that weaken the field

Reaction score
MCQ NO 24 pls why its B not C :S
well u knw dat for P da spring constant is 2k nd for Q its k
Work done = 0.5 * k * x^2
so for Wp= 0.5 * 2k * x^2= kx^2
nd Wq= 0.5 * k * x^2= 0.5kx^2
Wp=Wq
kx^2=0.5kx^2
Wp= 0.5 Wq
so ans is B
Hop u understand

Reaction score
But increasing the resistor value will give the resistor more voltage and thus give less voltage to the plates am i right? Won't that weaken the field
ya evn u seem to be right but dont u think dat A seem to be da right ans.. i mean its so obvious ryt anyways i will check nd let u knw

Reaction score
ya evn u seem to be right but dont u think dat A seem to be da right ans.. i mean its so obvious ryt anyways i will check nd let u knw
I actually chose A as my answer when I did my revision as a guess, because I wasn't sure if it was A or C. I understand why A is correct but I can't seem to understand why C is wrong. Thx for the effort anyway.

Reaction score
Q 24: Wave P has half the amplitude but double the frequency..it have a frequency of 2t and amplitude of X0 which gives an intensity of I0....Wave Q have half the frequency and double the amplitude...so 2 times X0^2 is 4I0...and 0.5 times t^2 = 0.25I0...so 4x0.25=1 Io so answer is B
Q31: force =EQ..and E=V/d, so F =V/d x Q...substitute 200/5x10^-3 x 1.60x10^-19 = 6.4 x 10^-15 so the answer is B....the drop was an electron and as the 2nd page of the exam sas...the charge of the electron is 1.60x10^-19...and to convert 5mm to m we multiply by 10^-3
Q37: light and temperature are inversely proportional to resistance and the resistance is proportional to the volt..both have high voltage..so ...for Vt, the temperature must be high so tht the resistance of the thermistor is low and becuse it is a potential divider..if the thermistor resistance is low the other will be high and so the voltage across it...for the VL..the light have to be low to have high resistance and so high V... so the answer is C...wish i helped

Reaction score
Increasing graphs!
In graph 3, both the x and y quantities increase at a constant rate. right!
What is the difference in graph 1 and 2?
I never got this :|
Ty :)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.png
    3.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 10