• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BAN MUSIC CAMPAIGN - For Muslim brothers and sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
actually listening isnt a use, when u use something u touch it ;) as far as i know
when you're only "listening" to musical instruments, then you're actually promoting their use..(since the sound from any instrument can only come when it is "touched" and played according to your logic ;) )... and in doing that, you're supporting a gunnah...
so either way, its haraam.. you've no other way out..

Reaction score
SalmanPakRocks, XPFMember, badrobot14 or any Mod or Administrator....kindly make this thread sticky so that everyone could get guidance from the Hadiths and Quranic verses our Muslim brothers and sisters have posted. It's a request.May Allah guide us all to the right path.
Em really grateful to XPFMember for highlighting this issue, as each and everyone (even sincere Muslims) listen to music these days.
Well....I never had an interest for listening to music since I was born....but will try my best to convince all those around me to stop listening to music.
XPFMember: kindly include me in your first post of this topic.

Reaction score
this is stupid ...music is not Haram !
abey yaar ghar mein beewi nahi hai to idhar frustration utar rahe ho ....sad
wailay mustanday ho tum :D
it would be better if you did a little investigation yourself..and please be careful before passing any such statement... you just rejected clear orders of the Prophet (S.A.W.).. if you are not convinced ok, but please do not post comments like these...

Reaction score
it would be better if you did a little investigation yourself..and please be careful before passing any such statement... you just rejected clear orders of the Prophet (S.A.W.).. if you are not convinced ok, but please do not post comments like these...
lisin I have done enuf research to make me aware of wht is right nd whts not
Allah gave prophet the miracle of a beautiful melodious voice ....how can Allah choose a haram thing fow His own praise ! -,-

Reaction score
Allah gave prophet the miracle of a beautiful melodious voice ....how can Allah choose a haram thing fow His own praise ! -,-
Ur vocal cords r musical instruments too but they are .not haram coz religiously they arnt mentioned in prohibitions and scientofically their normal usage coz u no harm unlike the artificial musical instruments

Reaction score
btw ur argument was predicted by holy prophet in sahih bukhari book of drinks hadith 494

Reaction score
melodious voice is one thing and music from instruments another.. if you want to listen to music, by all means go ahead. no one can persuade any one unless Allah decrees it.. everyone is free to make his choices.. this thread is not forcing you. and you should respect others arguments too, instead of ridiculing and posting inappropraite comments.. by the way what do you think of all the ahadees posted above in this thread? the ones about the singing and dancing women becoming numerous near Qayamah?

Reaction score

Holy Quran is not the only source guidance for mankind..... Its been clearly written in the Sahih Bukhari Vol no7 Verse no. 5590... that ...
Narrated Abu Amir or Abu Malik Al Ashari that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful for them....

I think this clearly outlines problems associated with music....
Sahih BUkhari verse no. 5590 Vol no.7

Reaction score
Holy Quran is not the only source guidance for mankind..... Its been clearly written in the Sahih Bukhari Vol no7 Verse no. 5590... that ...
Narrated Abu Amir or Abu Malik Al Ashari that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful for them....

I think this clearly outlines problems associated with music....
Sahih BUkhari verse no. 5590 Vol no.7
I THINK WE ARE ALL SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT BY FAR QURAN IS BEST SOURCE OF GUIDANCE COMPARED TO ANY OTHER HADITH ......CZ QURAN IS LANGUAGE OF ALLAH (SWT) AND I'M HERE TO GIVE MY OPINION OKAI SO U TEEN MULLAS SHOULD NOT TAKE OFFENCE IF SOMEONE OPPOSES UR THOUGHTS ...AND I'M CONTRADICTING WITH REASON SO NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO SAY THAT I'M OFFENDING THEIR THOUGHTS ....WE ALL HAVE THE FREEDOOM OF SPEECH -,-

Reaction score
I THINK WE ARE ALL SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT BY FAR QURAN IS BEST SOURCE OF GUIDANCE COMPARED TO ANY OTHER HADITH ......CZ QURAN IS LANGUAGE OF ALLAH (SWT) AND I'M HERE TO GIVE MY OPINION OKAI SO U TEEN MULLAS SHOULD NOT TAKE OFFENCE IF SOMEONE OPPOSES UR THOUGHTS ...AND I'M CONTRADICTING WITH REASON SO NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO SAY THAT I'M OFFENDING THEIR THOUGHTS ....WE ALL HAVE THE FREEDOOM OF SPEECH -,-
and in my last post I explained the self contradictory reason through which u r contradicting .. btw no one is forcing but freedom of speech doesnt mean that u go on disrespecting others by posting such type of comments which u have to delete afterwards

Reaction score
Read the rule dude, block letter is considered shouting. :/
And if you don't agree with something. It's better not to start an 'argument'.

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

Well, most of you already know that music is Haraam in Islam...

This thread is for those interested to leave music...cuz once you're addicted, you might have to struggle if you decide to leave it..

Let's say we'll have points thing...like +10 if you spent the whole day without listening, and -1 for each song you heard ;)
Lets see who gets the most points ;)
It's like competing, may be this'll help you alll in giving up listening to music ;)

..or may be if you got some better idea we'd do here altogether, do share .... (y)
and not to mention, be honest :D

P.S. Adopted from Narcotic's idea :D she said something like ban music campaign, and i thought good one :D

And a good reminder...save yourself:

PARTICIPANTS:

skull gurl
duaazahra
SalmanPakRocks
memyself15
purplerox
smzimran
hafsahassan
Yours Truly
HauteHijabii
Dexterwarrior12
iblue
-7 domination-
umaima patwari
ayeshaddy
Artemis
Is it too late? I wanna participate too

Reaction score
but freedom of speech comes with some ethical limits.. and btw, it was not the 'teen mullas' giving offence in the first place..

Reaction score
you are right, Quran is the Supreme Word of Allah, but hey! didn't Allah say in the Quran that follow Me and the Prophet (P.B.U.H)? every aspect of life is not dealt with in detail in the Quran, you have to seek guidance from Sunnah and Ahadees.. you have to take them side by side and not leave either one behind.. people usually do that when they want to come up with an excuse for their unjustified judgements and actions.. May Allah guide us all. Aameen!

Reaction score

COME ON MATE... there is nothing to be angry abt here... everyone will meet the truth on the day of judgement... okay lets join the different side of the story, do you feel any positive outcome from musics..??? if its nothing bad in it then is there anything positive in it..??? mate there are certain things Quran donot deal with... if this was All-boys forum then i would have surely commented on these certain things as well... hope you may understand..

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score

Although the most illogical thing to say would be that I believe in Quran not in Hadith.. since Quran tells us: "But no, by your Lord, they will not [truly] believe until they make you, [O Muhammad], judge concerning that over which they dispute among themselves and then find within themselves no discomfort from what you have judged and submit in [full, willing] submission." (4:65)

but, even Quran mentions music, although indirectly:
"And of the people is he who buys the amusement of speech to mislead [others] from the way of Allah without knowledge and who takes it in ridicule. Those will have a humiliating punishment." (31:6)

Ibn Mas`ud (RA) commented about the Ayah:
(And of mankind is he who purchases Lahu Al-Hadith to mislead (men) from the path of Allah), he said, "This -- by Allah -- refers to singing.''
[source: tafsir ibn kathir]

---------------
My advice: if you find an injunction of Islam difficult to follow, don't say 'it is not haram etc.' rather have it in your heart that insha'Allah one day I'll fix myself... knowing wrong as wrong is the first step to fixing it.

Reaction score
Although the most illogical thing to say would be that I believe in Quran not in Hadith.. since Quran tells us: "But no, by your Lord, they will not [truly] believe until they make you, [O Muhammad], judge concerning that over which they dispute among themselves and then find within themselves no discomfort from what you have judged and submit in [full, willing] submission." (4:65)

but, even Quran mentions music, although indirectly:
"And of the people is he who buys the amusement of speech to mislead [others] from the way of Allah without knowledge and who takes it in ridicule. Those will have a humiliating punishment." (31:6)

Ibn Mas`ud (RA) commented about the Ayah:
(And of mankind is he who purchases Lahu Al-Hadith to mislead (men) from the path of Allah), he said, "This -- by Allah -- refers to singing.''
[source: tafsir ibn kathir]

---------------
My advice: if you find an injunction of Islam difficult to follow, don't say 'it is not haram etc.' rather have it in your heart that insha'Allah one day I'll fix myself... knowing wrong as wrong is the first step to fixing it.
i like your advice.. thats the key to sparking change within oneself

Status
Not open for further replies.