• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BAN MUSIC CAMPAIGN - For Muslim brothers and sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
what should we do about the music which comes on T.V ? I think T.V should also be be avoided
yes, dats wat u shud do. or watch only islamic programmes lyk dat in Peace TV
n if u wnt 2 watch news in BBC World or sumthin, u cn mute da vol wen music goes, n den unmute wen da reporters speak.

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

Well, most of you already know that music is Haraam in Islam...

This thread is for those interested to leave music...cuz once you're addicted, you might have to struggle if you decide to leave it..

Let's say we'll have points thing...like +10 if you spent the whole day without listening, and -1 for each song you heard ;)
Lets see who gets the most points ;)
It's like competing, may be this'll help you alll in giving up listening to music ;)

..or may be if you got some better idea we'd do here altogether, do share .... (y)
and not to mention, be honest :D

P.S. Adopted from Narcotic's idea :D she said something like ban music campaign, and i thought good one :D

And a good reminder...save yourself:

PARTICIPANTS:

skull gurl
duaazahra
SalmanPakRocks
memyself15
purplerox
smzimran
hafsahassan
Yours Truly
HauteHijabii
Dexterwarrior12
iblue
-7 domination-
umaima patwari
ayeshaddy
-.-
Are you telling me
Music like this:
and
is Haram?
In my opinion quitting cold turkey is not the way to go about it. Decrease your listening of music bit by bit each day, and if you really want to listen then listen to songs like the ones I just linked to.
When you quit something cold turkey it just makes you want it more, extremism isn't the way to go about it; for example I used to put loads of sugar in my tea. I wanted to stop but when I suddenly tried drinking tea without sugar I'd just want it more. So I started decreasing sugar usage every day in increments and now here I am, sugarless tea.

Reaction score
PLUS there are bigger things to worry about. Make a BAN DRAWING thread or something.
"The severest punished on the Day of Qiyaamah will be the picture makers."

"Every picture maker will be in fire."
"The severest punished persons on the Day of Qiyaamah will be those who imitated Allah’s aspects of creation."(NB: Our Nabi sallallahu alaihe wasallam made this statement while destroying a picture.)
"The Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there are pictures or a dog."
Hazrat Aisha radiyallahu anha narrates, "The Messenger of Allah sallallahu alaihe wasallam returned from a journey and I had screened (the entrance) with a curtain on which were pictures. Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam ripped it (the curtain) off and said, ‘The severest punished people on the Day of Qiyaamah will be those who imitate Allah’s aspects of creation (i.e. life)."

People have made all sorts of excuses when I tell them it's haram; "Oh, nowadays people don't worship pictures like back in the Jahliya periods," and "Actions are judged by intentions and when I draw my intention is not to imitate Allah (s.w.t)"
Eitherway I pretty much stopped drawing.

Reaction score
I also have a question; I've been reading a bit and music being haram is a controversial topic
Sometimes they say that instruments shouldn't be used, and that the content of the song should be halal (i.e. not about sex, drugs etc. etc.) and that it shouldn't be used to just waste time (idleness, just listening to music)
I don't listen to music much anymore; except for when I'm exercising. When I listen to music it helps me to not only establish a constant rate/rhythm whatever, but when I focus on music it helps me not focus on the exhaustion :p
(Doesn't that make the perfect combination acapella islamic music while doing something useful? P: I mean I highly doubt the work of those such as Zain Bhikha is Haram, especially considering that it probably teaches muslims all over the world about their deen, and the Prophets (peace be upon them) etcetera)

I'm going to try read Qur'an/learn it by heart next time, but I still want opinions ;)
Back to chemistry now.

Reaction score
im glad to see this thread... please also note that in quite a few "islamic" nasheeds, music is included.. like those of s. yousuf.. dont listen to these too.. its like any other music...

Reaction score
im glad to see this thread... please also note that in quite a few "islamic" nasheeds, music is included.. like those of s. yousuf.. dont listen to these too.. its like any other music...
Why?
Lots of those things don't use any instruments, and even then if they do it's only using simple drums which is supposed to be Halal.

Reaction score
I also have a question; I've been reading a bit and music being haram is a controversial topic
Sometimes they say that instruments shouldn't be used, and that the content of the song should be halal (i.e. not about sex, drugs etc. etc.) and that it shouldn't be used to just waste time (idleness, just listening to music)
I don't listen to music much anymore; except for when I'm exercising. When I listen to music it helps me to not only establish a constant rate/rhythm whatever, but when I focus on music it helps me not focus on the exhaustion :p
(Doesn't that make the perfect combination acapella islamic music while doing something useful? P: I mean I highly doubt the work of those such as Zain Bhikha is Haram, especially considering that it probably teaches muslims all over the world about their deen, and the Prophets (peace be upon them) etcetera)

I'm going to try read Qur'an/learn it by heart next time, but I still want opinions ;)
Back to chemistry now.
zain bhikha's nasheed's are ok.. the only problem is that they include videos.. which is haraam.. just listen to any good nasheed that doesn't have music.. vocal harmony and chorus is ok.. you shouldn't listen to s. yousuf's cause they have music..

Reaction score
what should we do about the music which comes on T.V ? I think T.V should also be be avoided
YES! islam discourages looking at non mehrams.. when you watch tv you're actually doing that.. avoid tv.. indulge in other healthy things.. read books grow things.. IA gradually you wont feel so driven by it

Reaction score
oh really?
So songs that are praising the prophet PBUH and telling us to beware of the devil is haram?
the point is the music! if they have music then they are haraam... any halal food cannot remain halal when something haraam is added to it, however beneficial or praised it is... same with the naats and nasheeds with music..

Reaction score
plus, it is said that music is often back tracked with messages to feed your subconcious with any intended thing.. in fact mind therapies are being aided by backtracking in the us too.. though most people tend to ridicule it, like the illuminati and mk ultra things music is potentially very dangerous in this manner... and of course the fact k its haraam in islam clears all the arguments

Reaction score
Thankyou for taking interest in the topic,
here this would help you inshaAllah if you are seeking for the truth:

Scholarly opinion on Music with evidences from Quran and Sunnah

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A powerful reminder about Music: The End Of Music by Kamal el makki (the funny guy...) <this is an mp3 do listen to it.... :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many ahadees talk about music's being haraam like the ones which says that bells and flute are the shaitan's tools and that listening to music promotes hypocrisy in the heart just like water promotes the growth of vegetation.. i will try to quote the sources too IA.. but i have read these from reliable sources.. anybody with the correct source info, please post it on the thread.. please note that this is just the mafhoom NOT the exact wordings

Reaction score
PLUS there are bigger things to worry about. Make a BAN DRAWING thread or something.

"Every picture maker will be in fire."
"The severest punished persons on the Day of Qiyaamah will be those who imitated Allah’s aspects of creation."(NB: Our Nabi sallallahu alaihe wasallam made this statement while destroying a picture.)
"The Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there are pictures or a dog."
Hazrat Aisha radiyallahu anha narrates, "The Messenger of Allah sallallahu alaihe wasallam returned from a journey and I had screened (the entrance) with a curtain on which were pictures. Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam ripped it (the curtain) off and said, ‘The severest punished people on the Day of Qiyaamah will be those who imitate Allah’s aspects of creation (i.e. life)."

People have made all sorts of excuses when I tell them it's haram; "Oh, nowadays people don't worship pictures like back in the Jahliya periods," and "Actions are judged by intentions and when I draw my intention is not to imitate Allah (s.w.t)"
Eitherway I pretty much stopped drawing.
So does this mean that photography and any visual content with humans in it is haram?

Reaction score
So does this mean that photography and any visual content with humans in it is haram?
I think so.
I mean I've read around and it's been said that in this day and age it's impossible to go without certain pictures like passport identification, medical stuff etc.
And educational cartoons are supposed to be O.K.
But otherwise...All the pictures in my house have been taken down and I burnt all the pictures of faces that I drew (shame xD I had this one of Obama...)

Reaction score
music is not haram, there was no clear phrase in the quraan that music is haram, they are all interpretations and imnot with that music prevents you from listening to quraan or reading the quraan because, el7, i listen to music and i read quraan with telawa (the laws on how u shud read quraan) and i listen to quraan everytime when im in the car and before sleep.
pictures arent haram too, because in this context it means statues or pictures which people worship, which we dont do no and also we wudnt be able to live without photos nowadays, so how is it haram, this doesnt make any sense.

Reaction score
and stop looking at this very small things, which nobody is sure whether it is haram and try to advice people to stop doing what is 100% haram and not what u r not 100% sure of,like drinking beer and bars do u know that now in most islamic countries it is ok to drink beers and you leave all of this and u talk about music, how about bethoven and all of this classical musicians (they made culture) why is it haram they can relax you and make u feel alot better, and most of the nashids are rlly bad, if music was haram i wud have only listened to the quraan but never nashids they are just too bad in my opinion, i just hate THEM!!!!! and if music was haram does that mean taking music IGCSE is haram and if pictures and drawing were haram, does that mean taking ART IGCSE is haram????
this is just too much :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.