• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology ATP; DiscussiOn

Reaction score
i thing it cant be oxygen as respiration which converts lactose to lactic acid is anaerobic.so oxygen must not be there.temperature is absolutely ryt ast it will affect the rate of conversion of lactose to lactic acid i.e respiration.
i could not get a solid 2nd factor bt just wrote amount of milk/as it will have a direct relationship with amount of lactose in the milk which will the affect the amount of lactic acid formed.reasoning is ryt bt confused b/c we were asked to investigate the effect on pH as tym passes by.equal tym interval can be an alternative but dontt thought it was solid factor b/c i had no reasons to jstify it

Reaction score
ratio of free ear lobe to attached earlobe 3:1 ryt???
this means most people are heterezygous for alleles of ear lobes wid allele for free ear lobe being the dominant and allele for attached ear lobe being the recessive. b/c this is da way which results in a 3:1 phenotypic ratio.this was a key point to ryt in the last part{absolutely sure abt this}
conclusion based on the statistical data:most people hav free ear lobes
this is discontinuous variation b/c u myt have a free ear lobe or attached ear lobe.no other possibility as in blood groups only 4 cases r there

Reaction score
for that conclusion i thought we had to use most of the info from the table given b/c it was not written explain

Reaction score
aftr 10 hrs!!!
i wrote that all the milk sugar i.e lactose wud have been converted to lactic acid after such a long tym.pH VUD hav eached its lowest value and vill b almost constant.the yoghurt vud have fully curdled and solidified.think reasoning is ryt so ans is ryt

Reaction score
AMOUNT OF MILK IS RITE BUT YES ITS CONFUSING AS THERE WAS NO INDICATION WHETHER EXP IS REPEATED OR NOT
I WROTE THE SAME BUT THEN CROSSED FOR THIS V REASON TYM INTERVAL I WROTE BUT I THINK I DID GIVE A GOOD REASON
OXYGEN IS WRONG ITS AN ANAEROBIC RESPIRATION
WHAT ABOUT THE CONLCUSIONS FOR THE EARS
I THINK QUESTION 1 WAS THE EASIEST OF ALL
I WROTE PH decreases and becum more sour :D
WHAT ABT THICKNESS

Reaction score
dude... it ws oxygen cux if the oxygen concentration wud be increased the bacteria wud start respiring anaerobically nd so yoghurt wont be produced!!

Reaction score
nd yeah da ratio ws 3:1, nd the children wud have a ratio of 3:1 in seprate and attached lobe!!

Reaction score
conclusion was easy.a simplistic statetement such as most of the people hav free ear lobes will giv 1 mark.refer to it by using the data-2nd mark
u will not ryt abt any genetic factor as it is asked in the next questions.discontinuous varaiation shown by the data another conclusion

Reaction score
no yar icant undstnd dis but this will be ryt i think bcoz in markscheme many alternatives are given nd also my after 10 hrs uestion is ryt na except i forgot to mention it vud get more sour

Reaction score
thank you brothers for giving me consolation abt my answers.now i can prepare for nXt papers vid out any T eNsI o n

Reaction score
yar look, bacteria respire anaerobically to produce lactic acid becaus of lack of oxygen, but if the concentration of oxygen iz incresaed they wont need to respire anaerobically ,, and when they will respire aerobically, they wont produce lacctic acid and thus yoghurd wont be made!!
nw do u understand???

Reaction score
yap u r ryt but wud my answer of same amount of milk be ryt bcoz in markschemmes dere r many alternatives

Reaction score
maybe... bt i m not sure, dere were many reasons for this question,!!

Reaction score
jafar said:
yar look, bacteria respire anaerobically to produce lactic acid becaus of lack of oxygen, but if the concentration of oxygen iz incresaed they wont need to respire anaerobically ,, and when they will respire aerobically, they wont produce lacctic acid and thus yoghurd wont be made!!
nw do u understand???

Well, yes! That was right and the oxygen was a right factor. I am very happy, cuz all of my answers are right. :))
hassam said:
how u will measure the thickness of yoghurt???????
There could be many answers. What I wrote was that we will check with any sterilized rod or stick. If it felt hard, then thickness was good and if it felt soft, then thickness was less. I just guessed it.