• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology ATP; DiscussiOn

Reaction score
sunshine said:
and what could be labeled other than seeds?????????????????????????///
Receptacle and Sepals.
Azra said:
the ration was 3:1 ryt ??? and how do we measure the thickness?
Yeah it was 3:1. Plus, we can measure the thickness by checking the yogurt with the help of stirrer, rod or any kind of stick. With stirrer, you can check if it is easy to move or not. And with rod Or stick, same thing applies but you can also tell that it FELT hard OR soft, etc.
Azra said:
what were the factors to be kept constant?
Temperature and Oxygen. But I wrote 'Absence of Oxygen', instead of oxygen. =)

Reaction score
Zishi said:
sunshine said:
Receptacle and Sepals.
Azra said:
Yeah it was 3:1. Plus, we can measure the thickness by checking the yogurt with the help of stirrer, rod or any kind of stick. With stirrer, you can check if it is easy to move or not. And with rod Or stick, same thing applies but you can also tell that it FELT hard OR soft, etc.
Azra said:
SEPAL OR PERICARP

Reaction score
FOR OXYGEN WRITING OXYGEN IS WRONG BUT ABSENCE OF OXYGEN THEN IS CORRECT
WHAT ABOUT TIME INTERVAL MEASURING AFTER EVERY HOUR TO BE MORE ACCURATE AS IT WAS pH AGAINST TIME

Reaction score
ANYONE MEASURED THICKNESS WITH FINGERS BCZ IT WILL HAVE SAME EFFECT AS WITH STIRRER
FOR LAST PART I WROTE SOUR AND DUE TO SLIP OF PEN I WROTE LIQUID INSTEAD OF SOLID BUT MY EXPLANATION WAS PERFECT WILL I GET 2 MARKS OR WILL THEY DEDUCT ALL 3 MARKS??

Reaction score
JAMES SMITH said:
FOR OXYGEN WRITING OXYGEN IS WRONG BUT ABSENCE OF OXYGEN THEN IS CORRECT
WHAT ABOUT TIME INTERVAL MEASURING AFTER EVERY HOUR TO BE MORE ACCURATE AS IT WAS pH AGAINST TIME

I didn't understand your question? :?

JAMES SMITH said:
Zishi said:
sunshine said:
Receptacle and Sepals.
Azra said:
Azra said:
SEPAL OR PERICARP

Well, pericarp could also be labelled, but receptacle is also not wrong! :|
JAMES SMITH said:
ANYONE MEASURED THICKNESS WITH FINGERS BCZ IT WILL HAVE SAME EFFECT AS WITH STIRRER
FOR LAST PART I WROTE SOUR AND DUE TO SLIP OF PEN I WROTE LIQUID INSTEAD OF SOLID BUT MY EXPLANATION WAS PERFECT WILL I GET 2 MARKS OR WILL THEY DEDUCT ALL 3 MARKS??
2 marks, I guess. The answer of that part could also be that the yoghurt 'hardens'.

Reaction score
TIME INTERVAL MUST BE SAME
TEMPERATURE MUST BE SAME
AMOUNT OF MILK SAME
TYPE OF MILK SAME
ABSENCE OF OXYGEN
THESE R SOME FACTORS WHICH I THINK R APPROPRIATE

Reaction score
The was easy except for the first question, god i suck in drawing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Keitak said:
The was easy except for the first question, god i suck in drawing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first question was vv easy
how did u measure yogurts thickness?? stirrer or finger

Reaction score
cant i get all 3 marks i did write sour
first line of q3 was the most important one to understand the entire question :D

Reaction score
wht were the two factors ?? i wrote temp. nd timme interval.. i dont think tht oxygen can be an answer .. i hav sum reasoning for it also ...

Reaction score
Zishi said:
sunshine said:
Receptacle and Sepals.
Azra said:
Azra said:

i dont think absence of O2 can be a factor .. because they already said that tthere were bacteria added .. the bacteria automatically makes an anaerobic medium so we shudnt take any wory of makin an absence of oxygen.. am i right ?

Reaction score
@ MOBEEN U ALSO WROTE TIME INTERVAL GOOD
I READ IN FEDERAL THAT ONE BACTERIA REMOVES OXYGEN AND OTHER CONVERTS LACTOSE TO LACTIC ACID NOW I DUNT KNW WHAT EXAMINER WILL SAY MIGHT BE CRCT IF EXPLANATION IS VALID JUST LIKE PAK STUDIES

Reaction score
Listen guys in first question first part that drawing one instead of only drawing just the female part i drew both male and female parts and labeled them will i get 3 out 5 marks???

Reaction score
@ajmes smith .. yea there is the bacteria named coccus i think.. which makes an anaerobic medium .. so who has writen oxygen as there answer i think its incorect ..

Reaction score
y r people debating about oxygen????
bhai oxygen is the factor n absence is the explanation if oxygen is present the bacteria wud stop respiring anaerobically so that proves that availibility of oxygen is a facteor more or less has to be a part of the explanation!!!
n in last part i worte k ph constant hojaayega cuz bacteria wud die or becum inactive due to low pH do u think thats right??

Reaction score
n abt concentration maine likha hai k metal spoon drop karenge n well ote down the tym taken by it to hit the base the one taking mre tym will show that conc has increased or vice versa!!

Reaction score
yar .. i dont think oxygen is a valid favtor .. kyun ke they hav already made an anaerobic medium .. matlab humain us ki ziada tention lene ki zarurrat nae !
and in the last part i didnt read tht we had to tell abt the pH .. :(

Reaction score
evain said:
n abt concentration maine likha hai k metal spoon drop karenge n well ote down the tym taken by it to hit the base the one taking mre tym will show that conc has increased or vice versa!!

ye konsaquestion tha ?