• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
what is meant by FIDUCIAL AID?? it is in relation to physics atp. in some notes my sir gave me. i looked it up in the dictionary for fiducial and it said:
"(esp. of a point or line) assumed as a fixed or basis for comparison.
please can anyone elaborate on it??
it is mostly used in ray diagrams i gues... if that helps/ :|

Reaction score
what is meant by FIDUCIAL AID?? it is in relation to physics atp. in some notes my sir gave me. i looked it up in the dictionary for fiducial and it said:
(Physics / General Physics)
Physics
used as a standard of reference or measurement

Reaction score
5070 s2005 p1
9 How many moles per dm3 of gaseous carbon dioxide are there if 4.4 g occupies 500 cm3?
A 0.1 mol / dm3 B 0.2 mol / dm3 C 2.2 mol / dm3 D 8.8 mol / dm3

the answer is B..how??

Reaction score
for example when u r counting the periods of oscillation for a pendulum....u can stand a marker at the start of the swing..to help you know when each period is over!

asd

Reaction score
and ayeshaK and asd but howw??? why can't H+ ions be most in number?? it IS an aquesous solution after all. that is what's confusing me :confused: o_O
Water dissociates into H+ and OH- . So There can't be 2 H+ ions since only one H atom forms the Positive Ion, while the other stays with oxygen to from OH-

Reaction score
Water dissociates into H+ and OH- . So There can't be 2 H+ ions since only one H atom forms the Positive Ion, while the other stays with oxygen to from OH-
yeah but they didn't tell us the amount of water so how do we know that there is lesser water in there so lesser H+ ions than Na+ ions will b formed. sorry for the nagging ... i just can't stop until i get it al cleared :p

Reaction score
yeah but they didn't tell us the amount of water so how do we know that there is lesser water in there so lesser H+ ions than Na+ ions will b formed. sorry for the nagging ... i just can't stop until i get it al cleared :p
can you repeat ur question so i can help. i cannot find it

asd

Reaction score
did they tell you the amount of sodium sulfate? They didn't either. Just the concentration (the no. of moles in 1 dm3). What do you expect will the concentration of water be? It's just water.

Reaction score
and ayeshaK and asd but howw??? why can't H+ ions be most in number?? it IS an aquesous solution after all. that is what's confusing me :confused: o_O
it is 2 mol/dm3, and this is indeed very high concentration of sodium sulphate!! so very less H+ and OH- ions! plus the thing about the number of sodium and sulphate ions dissociated cancels out sulphate as well!