• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I guess in aqueous solutions containing Cl- and OH-, Cl- always discharges !
correct me if im wrong.
according to my information, in aqueous solution is coz Cl ions is more concentrated! but in dilute solution is different thing...

asd

Reaction score
My conclusion: in aqueous solutions containing Cl- and OH-, Cl- always discharges ! unless stated dilute.

Reaction score
Lets put it this way, this discussion has gone on for 4 pages!
Which makes it evident that neither i'm going to change my opinion nor are other people.
So lets just keep it that way! I'll work my concepts and people disagreeing with me work their concepts! and Hope it pays off for someone!
And lets pray that electrolysis doesn't come!:)

Reaction score
Lets put it this way, this discussion has gone on for 4 pages!
Which makes it evident that neither i'm going to change my opinion nor are other people.
So lets just keep it that way! I'll work my concepts and people disagreeing with me work their concepts! and Hope it pays off for someone!
And lets pray that electrolysis doesn't come!:)
impossible... sure got....:cry:

Reaction score
how about this?
The solution was replaced by a dilute solution of an acid. Suggest which acid would
produce the same gases as those produced with concentrated aqueous sodium
chloride.
answer is HCl... in dilute HCl, OH is being discharge instead of Cl? but why the answer is HCl?

which year past paper?

asd

Reaction score
I guess OH- will form H3O+ with H+ ions, making Cl- concentrated, so chlorine will be given out at anode, right?

Reaction score
Samples of sulphur dioxide are passed through acidified potassium dichromate....why does the colour change???