• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology paper 11 gt

Reaction score
One more thing, if you did paper 11. Do you remember the transpiration question which says which of the following processes is involved. Do you think mass flow of water through xylem tube is involved?

Reaction score
GUYS what was the answer for
1- Which process is the least affected by a change in the fluidity of the membrane ?
2-What is the MINIMUM number of membranes that are crossed by oxygen and carbon dioxide molecules ?
3-some thing about the hemoglobin protein structure ( I think that which of the protein structures of the hemoglobin are codded by DNA or some ting like this )
Smooth endothelium was correct i think the answer was 1,2&3
The Q3 question, the one about active transport, what was it again and what was the answer?
The option about the goblet cells secreting enzymes was the correct answer as they secrete mucus not enzymes
The layers that allowed the artery to resist changes in pressure were the elastic and muscle layer
D was the answer as anything with smooth endothelium was incorrect as its function is to minimize friction
what were the layers that control blood flow through an artery
ok, then which question are you talking about?

Reaction score
DNA question - Primary structure, it is mentioned somewhere in Genetic Control chapter

And for the process of least affected - I think endocytosis

Reaction score
DNA question - Primary structure, it is mentioned somewhere in Genetic Control chapter

Osmosis, this is as water doesnt pass across the phospholipid bilayer but transport proteins. What was the answer concerning the factors that affect active transport ?

Reaction score

Why not quaternary structure?
quaternary structure consist more than 1 polypeptide chains and the poly peptide chains are made from the transcription of DNA and then followed by translation !!!!

and about the least process i think as what he said
Osmosis, this is as water doesnt pass across the phospholipid bilayer but transport proteins. What was the answer concerning the factors that affect active transport ?

Reaction score
"DNA controls the protein structure by determining the exact sequence of the amino acids that join together when proteins are made" That is mentioned in my textbook

Reaction score
Process least affected is diffusion, minimum number of membranes for carbon dioxide is 4 and oxygen 5

Reaction score
For the transpiration question, all of the options besides evaporation of water from air spaces were correct. So mass flow in xylem is correct.
The least process affected was diffusion.
The structure coded for by DNA was the primary structure, the sequence of amino acids in the polypeptides of haemoglobin, as genes on the DNA strand code for the amino acids forming the polypeptide.
Thte minimum membranes were 4 and 5.

Reaction score
For the transpiration question, all of the options besides evaporation of water from air spaces were correct. So mass flow in xylem is correct.
The least process affected was diffusion.
The structure coded for by DNA was the primary structure, the sequence of amino acids in the polypeptides of haemoglobin, as genes on the DNA strand code for the amino acids forming the polypeptide.
Thte minimum membranes were 4 and 5.
What about the artery question were all the 3 correct or endothelium is excluded

Reaction score
Endothelium was excluded because it only helps in the flow of blood.. it doesn't help the artery in resisting high pressure... as in it doesn't prevent it from bursting

Reaction score
Guys wasn't the least affected active transport because it depends solely on transport proteins? Endocytosis is obviously wrong because it has to do with flowing of the membrane. Since osmosis and diffusion occur through the phospholipid bilayer I would assume that fluidity of the membrane affects them. Also I recall there was a question in some paper 2 from the past papers in which diffusion increased a s temperature increased due to more fluidity according to the mark scheme.

Reaction score
Guys wasn't the least affected active transport because it depends solely on transport proteins? Endocytosis is obviously wrong because it has to do with flowing of the membrane. Since osmosis and diffusion occur through the phospholipid bilayer I would assume that fluidity of the membrane affects them. Also I recall there was a question in some paper 2 from the past papers in which diffusion increased a s temperature increased due to more fluidity according to the mark scheme.
I put active transport too , also Osmosis is a kind of diffusion so obliviously both are excluded