• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIOLOGY PAPER 22

How did you find the paper ?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Guys, in the vaccine question, I wrote children were vaccinated as the antigen was given in weakened alive form stimulated immune responce and the other children didn't suffer it because the others were immune .. The phagocytes and the human cell question I wrote "Bacteria secret toxins that attract the phagocytes, they don't have protien receptors complimentary to our antigens.. Why bact can live in phagocytes ? I wrote they secret enzymes that break phagocytic vessicles... HGS I wrote gene mutation forming HGS with low affinity and RBC will be sickled and cresent.. correct ?

Reaction score
Guys, in the vaccine question, I wrote children were vaccinated as the antigen was given in weakened alive form stimulated immune responce and the other children didn't suffer it because the others were immune .. The phagocytes and the human cell question I wrote "Bacteria secret toxins that attract the phagocytes, they don't have protien receptors complimentary to our antigens.. Why bact can live in phagocytes ? I wrote they secret enzymes that break phagocytic vessicles... HGS I wrote gene mutation forming HGS with low affinity and RBC will be sickled and cresent.. correct ?

vaccine: i wrote that the children have a better diet rich in proteins etc, so stronger immune system... and availability of drugs worlwide, proper usage of drugs,maintain good sanitary conditions, good hygiene..
For the phagocyte question, i wrote that the cell suraface antigens on the bacteria are non-self so generate an immune response...
Bacteria living in phagocytes, i wrote that they release substances that inhibit the hydrolitic enzymes released by lysosomes..

Reaction score
Because it was a carnivore, i'd say it was secondary.

Secondary consumer, or tertiary trophic level both should be correct I THINK.
Because when ur looking at the trophic level, u also count the producer as the first trophic level.
And when looking at the consumers... Herbivores are primary consumers...
So I hope both are correct... I wrote tertiary trophic level :cry:

Reaction score
vaccine: i wrote that the children have a better diet rich in proteins etc, so stronger immune system... and availability of drugs worlwide, proper usage of drugs,maintain good sanitary conditions, good hygiene..
For the phagocyte question, i wrote that the cell suraface antigens on the bacteria are non-self so generate an immune response...
Bacteria living in phagocytes, i wrote that they release substances that inhibit the hydrolitic enzymes released by lysosomes..
Bacteria living in phagocytes, didn't he say suggest ? what do you think of my answer?

Reaction score
I wrote about DNA replication, and complementary base pairing... so an exact copy of DNA is produced... thus stable? :confused: i guess that's wrong :(
Replication I think you got a mark.. the DNA is "code carrier" as they carry nitrgenous bases which are the codes coding for prt formation as each 3 bases code for 1 aa

Reaction score
Replication I think you got a mark.. the DNA is "code carrier" as they carry nitrgenous bases which are the codes coding for prt formation as each 3 bases code for 1 aa
Are you talking about the next part? "carrier of codes?" i wrote that answer for the first part, "DNA as stable molecule." :unsure:

Reaction score
46/60 for an A probably..
The paper wasn't that hard neither was it that lengthy...
I ddnt do that good though... I hope the curve is lower :cry:

Reaction score
46/60 for an A probably..
The paper wasn't that hard neither was it that lengthy...
I ddnt do that good though... I hope the curve is lower :cry:
that's actually too high. its probably 41/60 or 40/60 for an A. hahaha lets just hope the curve is actually really low indeed =D

Reaction score
actually I have recorded every Grade Threshold from 2001 to June 2012, November is always has lower curve than June and Second variant paper (22) is always lower than others by 2-3 marks and sometimes by 5 Marks.. but I also hope that the curve will be low, Just relax and pray :D