• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business studies AS level

Reaction score
guys for the break even point
to gain more marks
linking advantages with business situation might have added value to yur answer (Y)
nd i dnt think conclusion is worth 7 marks cuz then theres no right answer its based on yur own way of linking at the BEC

Reaction score
guys for the break even point
to gain more marks
linking advantages with business situation might have added value to yur answer (Y)
nd i dnt think conclusion is worth 7 marks cuz then theres no right answer its based on yur own way of linking at the BEC

exactly i think i made a mistake in da linking with business solution area of my answer

Reaction score
u lost 2 to 4 marks as u didnt mention a conclusion bro 20 marks means 7 marks 4r evaluation nawb dhanchi

It's okay to loose 4 marks. I'm sure I did the rest perfectly. 36/40 is always an A. BTW Have you realized that the "Successful Entrepreneur " question can in OCT NOV V1? It was worth 3 marks though.

Reaction score
It's okay to loose 4 marks. I'm sure I did the rest perfectly. 36/40 is always an A. BTW Have you realized that the "Successful Entrepreneur " question can in OCT NOV V1? It was worth 3 marks though.
actually in the nov 2011 session the A started from 34 for paper 1

Reaction score
i did so much for motivation and human resource...but nothing came
i have a feeling it will come in p2
i HATE doing TWO case studies o.o
i run out of time :/

Reaction score
i did so much for motivation and human resource...but nothing came
i have a feeling it will come in p2
i HATE doing TWO case studies o.o
i run out of time :/
exactly lets now forget about paper 1 and hope we did as good as we think and concentrate on paper 2 and 3, those examiners are unpredictable. good luck and peace ya'll.

Reaction score
I know a guy got a C in paper 1 and A in paper 2. Ended up in A in overall so cheer up. Paper 2 will bring us all down :/

BTW Chemistry AS takers might relate, Paper 1 was the hardest among all the papers too damn hard. Paper 3 was a piece of cake. They aim for balancing the difficulty of both papers.

Thanks god no P3 for me

Reaction score
Mine went REALLY AWESOME. :) i was hoping it would be tough compared to all the other exams

Reaction score
I did a silly mistake , I forgot to say the BE shows safety margin SH*T

Economies of scale are the factors that cause the average unit cost of the business to decline due to the increase in scale of operations. These include Purchasing , Marketing , Managerial , Technical and Financial. . Chose any 2 and explain how they are related to a expanding business.

3. Recruitment are Internal and External with brief explanation of each. Job Description and Specification are easy just explain what is in these.

Yeah I did the Break Even Question.

To get 20 marks.

Definition.
Draw a Break Even Chart to support your understanding
Annotate here is the break even on your chart drawm with labeling the lines and axis.
Calculation Method.
Enphesise that no profit or loss being made and BE is in unit " UNITS OF PRODUCTION"

10 advantages and 10 disadvantages.

With a brief explanation of each.
I disagree on the 10 advantages and 10 disadvantages bit. The examiners require us to focus on a MAXIMUM of three points. By that, i'm saying 3 advantages and 3 disadvantages. You need to elucidate on these two or three points as far as possible, showing a clear understanding, good display of knowledge and some good analysis. And for the rest - did exactly the same ;)

oh and youve to give a conclusion too!
cheers!

Reaction score
[quote ="m3hdi *n3No*, post: 247902, member: 2613"]u lost 2 to 4 marks as u didnt mention a conclusion bro 20 marks means 7 marks 4r evaluation nawb dhanchi[/quote]

I don't think I will loose 4 marks because I didn't include 1 advantage. I already mentioned like 6 advantages and 5 disadvantages and liberated on them with a definition and a chart and how to calculate it. Cummon, Not 4 marks! no 25% for 1 point not mentioned. that's too harsh. I wish the curve is of like 34-35.

Reaction score
I disagree on the 10 advantages and 10 disadvantages bit. The examiners require us to focus on a MAXIMUM of three points. By that, i'm saying 3 advantages and 3 disadvantages. You need to elucidate on these two or three points as far as possible, showing a clear understanding, good display of knowledge and some good analysis. And for the rest - did exactly the same ;)

oh and youve to give a conclusion too!
cheers!

Well 3 and 3 ? For a 20 marks question ... always give more in business just write write write.. always give more than needed the marks are giving for full understanding, You should resemble to the examiner you fully understand the topic. He didn't specify how many. So try to give as much as possible.

Reaction score
Well 3 and 3 ? For a 20 marks question ... always give more in business just write write write.. always give more than needed the marks are giving for full understanding, You should resemble to the examiner you fully understand the topic. He didn't specify how many. So try to give as much as possible.

The examiners have stated previously in examiner reports that they expect quality, not quantity :) they require in depth explanations of whichever points you mention, considering its a 20 mark question.

Reaction score
The examiners have stated previously in examiner reports that they expect quality, not quantity :) they require in depth explanations of whichever points you mention, considering its a 20 mark question.
oh i was gonna mention that, quality is more imp than quantity, according to examiners' reports.