• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CAIE Oct/Nov 2020 session discussion

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
CAIE Oct/Nov 2022 session is starting soon, join the others who are too..
Feel free to share any useful study threads, revision material or just post how you are feeling!

This is the thread to post anything to do with your CAIE Oct/Nov 2022 session, so feel free to moan, panic, or scream into your computer to your heart's desire. :giggle:

The important thing is, we're in this boat together, so this is the place to post that question you were too afraid to ask a bunch of strangers about or to vent at when something is getting you down, and maybe have some fun along the way!

Icebreakers :coffee:
  • Introduce yourself
  • What are your hobbies/interests?
  • What subjects are you studying?
  • What is/are your favourite and least favourite subject(s)?
  • What are the grades that you want this year?
  • What are your predicted grades?
  • What is your ideal future occupation?
  • How are you feeling about starting CAIE Oct/Nov 2022 session?

Reaction score
Hey ! My friends call me Queen or Queenie first and foremost.

I'm here to ask around if people can help me figure out and wrap my head around Chemistry As Level MCQ... I'm so bad at it and it hurts because Practicals and Structured Questions are a cakewalk comparatively.

Any suggestion and tip goes a long way, thanks in advance !

Reaction score
Guys I have statistics olevel on the 2nd of September and I still haven't received my statement of entry. My Centre Number is PK852. What should I do?

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
How can I find out which type of calculator is allowed in my olevel statistics paper
Depending on your board, there are certain guidelines regarding calculators.

For CAIE, it says here that calculators with any of the following facilities are prohibited, unless specifically stated otherwise in the syllabus:
  • graphic display
  • data banks
  • dictionaries or language translators
  • retrieval or manipulation of text or formulae
  • QWERTY keyboards
  • built-in symbolic algebraic manipulations
  • symbolic differentiation or integration
  • capability of remote communication with other machines.
Generally, and historically, there is a requirement that a calculator should not be able to do any algebraic manipulation or algebraic calculus. Anything numerical is perfectly fine. We've even seen students use non-algebraic graphical calculators (that don't show working) in O-Levels/GCSEs but this can vary from country to country.

This document on Casio's website clarifies this a bit further: https://education.casio.co.uk/students-parents-alevel

Hope this helps.

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Guys I have statistics olevel on the 2nd of September and I still haven't received my statement of entry. My Centre Number is PK852. What should I do?
2nd of September!? That can't be right. ;)

You should have received your statement of entry at least 2 weeks before the examination session begins so its one week late already.
I would recommend to immediately contact British Council (or whatever your exam registration organization is) regarding this as it can take a few days for them to sort this out. Please let us know if there is any update regarding this.

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Hey ! My friends call me Queen or Queenie first and foremost.

I'm here to ask around if people can help me figure out and wrap my head around Chemistry As Level MCQ... I'm so bad at it and it hurts because Practicals and Structured Questions are a cakewalk comparatively.

Any suggestion and tip goes a long way, thanks in advance !
Following are some tips for taking Chemistry MCQ Exams (taken from an earlier post). I would recommend the sequence:
  1. Quickly but carefully go through the paper, and shade all the answers to questions that you immediately know the correct answer. For questions that you are unsure of, or require more time to work out (such as Mole calculation questions), circle the question number and come back to it later.
  2. Now, go through the paper looking at those questions number that you have circled earlier. Go through those carefully. You may be left with a few questions you cannot work out. You may have to make some guessing here, but to me, we have a method to “guess smartly”. I call it the ELIMINATION PROCESS.
ELIMINATION PROCESS:
Each question has 4 possible answers. It is important for you to eliminate as many unlikely choices and consider those that are still possible. Doing elimination is better than anyhow guess the answers. Based on statistics probability, the chances of getting the answers correct if choosing blindly is 1/4 = 25% chance of getting it right. If you manage to eliminate 2 choices off, it simply means you have a 50% chance of getting the correct answers!!​

You may be able to eliminate one or more of the choices because:​
  • You have never seen it before, or
  • The answers does not fit into other answers that you have came across from similar questions done before (remember that chemistry questions are pretty standard and the questions are pretty similar year-after-year, with minor changes to values and ways to testing you).
Here are 2 older (but still relevant) threads that offer some great Chemistry MCQ tips:
Your mileage may vary but they are worth checking out.

Hope this information helps!

Reaction score
Following are some tips for taking Chemistry MCQ Exams (taken from an earlier post). I would recommend the sequence:
  1. Quickly but carefully go through the paper, and shade all the answers to questions that you immediately know the correct answer. For questions that you are unsure of, or require more time to work out (such as Mole calculation questions), circle the question number and come back to it later.
  2. Now, go through the paper looking at those questions number that you have circled earlier. Go through those carefully. You may be left with a few questions you cannot work out. You may have to make some guessing here, but to me, we have a method to “guess smartly”. I call it the ELIMINATION PROCESS.
ELIMINATION PROCESS:
Each question has 4 possible answers. It is important for you to eliminate as many unlikely choices and consider those that are still possible. Doing elimination is better than anyhow guess the answers. Based on statistics probability, the chances of getting the answers correct if choosing blindly is 1/4 = 25% chance of getting it right. If you manage to eliminate 2 choices off, it simply means you have a 50% chance of getting the correct answers!!​

You may be able to eliminate one or more of the choices because:​
  • You have never seen it before, or
  • The answers does not fit into other answers that you have came across from similar questions done before (remember that chemistry questions are pretty standard and the questions are pretty similar year-after-year, with minor changes to values and ways to testing you).
Here are 2 older (but still relevant) threads that offer some great Chemistry MCQ tips:
Your mileage may vary but they are worth checking out.

Hope this information helps!
Now that's helpful as all hell ! Thanks ! Sorry but I was doubtful I'd get any answer seeing that very few make accounts here but so many use the website for the past papers. Thank's nonetheless !

Reaction score
Hey assalamualaikum my name is ahnaf.my subjects are physics chemistry pure maths and mechanics.physics is my most favorite subject.but i dont hate the other subjects.can anyone help me with this question.thanks in advance

awhnaf_9701w15qp22q10v2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Maimuna, I have exams this October/November session, I was facing some problems in writing experiments of paper 5 of physics and biology. So can anyone help me with the format of the experiments, I am really confused, I don't know where to give Paras, how to draw the diagrams.

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Maimuna, I have exams this October/November session, I was facing some problems in writing experiments of paper 5 of physics and biology. So can anyone help me with the format of the experiments, I am really confused, I don't know where to give Paras, how to draw the diagrams.

see this, the pdf in first post, it should help:

also general advice in this document is good, especially near the end where they define what they expect when they use a certain word like 'measure' or 'define' in the paper:

and also this might help:

and lastly dont worry about paragraphs, learn the stuff.. use past exam papers and mark schemes and practice using those...

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
any advice on english language igcse?
see here:

Reaction score
To everyone taking Maths paper 1 this OCt/NOV 2019, which dates is your exams? I’m in zone 5 and ours is on the 14th oct