• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CAREER COUNSELLING

Reaction score
None of the unis have a precise subject requirement. However, maths is usually compulsory atleast at Olevels if not the Alevel.
Top Business schools like LSE prefer those students studying Economics at Alevel over Students studying Alevel Business or Accounting.
yeah but assuming i take both business studies n economics then..?????
N NOT ACCOUNTING!!

Reaction score
Hi I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm an A level student and I take a really weird subject combination, which is English AS, Sociology, Biology and Geography. I took this combination because they're subjects I'm interested in. My problem is that I don't know what I could do with them. Yes, I've asked my lecturers and friends, and I felt unsatisfied at most of their suggestions. I would really like to know if there is a career that I could pursue that would make use of most, if not all of the subjects. Any help is greatly appreciated

Reaction score
that is pretty expensive...
that's what i am actually asking,there must be scholarship schemes for students ..

Reaction score
you will get benefit, and they do not consider accounting that much, i heard in uni they taught you that from beginning
ohh fine ...but finally after thinkin quite a lot i have finally dcided to take maths;economics;and accounting themselves bcuz i have not many choices for many combinaitions of subjects u see...s0oo thats why.....but nvr mind

Reaction score
Hi I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm an A level student and I take a really weird subject combination, which is English AS, Sociology, Biology and Geography. I took this combination because they're subjects I'm interested in. My problem is that I don't know what I could do with them. Yes, I've asked my lecturers and friends, and I felt unsatisfied at most of their suggestions. I would really like to know if there is a career that I could pursue that would make use of most, if not all of the subjects. Any help is greatly appreciated
I am afraid that there may not be a good career awaiting for you. u should have consulted bfore choosing subjects

Reaction score
FAHMEED
hello sir, I've done at A level; Bio, chem and maths, what R the courses open to me? is an MBBS too?

Reaction score
Okay, in which countries? and what are the other courses, apart from medicine, open to me?

MBBS there're several countries . There's one in hungary which is cheaper . The uni is called Debrecen.
And in Malyasia there's that one well-known uni Monash . Very expensive.
I was also planning to do an MBBS programme, but then i went to a counselling office and they told me these :
1st The course is very long compared to other courses. 5-6 years depending on the country. And worst part u have to wait for internship.
#2 The degree is recognised only in the country where u did it. U cannot work in any other country apart from the one where u did the degree . Except for Monash . U do it in Monash (malaysia) and your degree is recognised in both malaysia and australia. So u can work in either malaysia or australia.
#3It's saturated.Difficult to get a job these days.
#4 It's more expensive than the other courses. Upto 1 million per year :O for monash.now just imagine 6 years :O 6 million almost .

U could instead opt for biomedicine :)

Reaction score
What r ur interests n where r u from??
Sir i went to a counselling office and now im opting for engineering. Now im stuck with which engineering to choose.I heard that civil is saturated and most other engineering programmes are male dominated.Not chemical engineering because i don't like doing chemistry.Which engineering to choose ?

Reaction score
MBBS there're several countries . There's one in hungary which is cheaper . The uni is called Debrecen.
And in Malyasia there's that one well-known uni Monash . Very expensive.
I was also planning to do an MBBS programme, but then i went to a counselling office and they told me these :
1st The course is very long compared to other courses. 5-6 years depending on the country. And worst part u have to wait for internship.
#2 The degree is recognised only in the country where u did it. U cannot work in any other country apart from the one where u did the degree . Except for Monash . U do it in Monash (malaysia) and your degree is recognised in both malaysia and australia. So u can work in either malaysia or australia.
#3It's saturated.Difficult to get a job these days.
#4 It's more expensive than the other courses. Upto 1 million per year :O for monash.now just imagine 6 years :O 6 million almost .

U could instead opt for biomedicine :)
I agree. I went to a counselling office too and they told me the same thing. that is why i now fancy doing biomedicine or any bio-related courses but i ignore which countries to do em. I would like FAHMEED sir to help me.

Reaction score
Sir i went to a counselling office and now im opting for engineering. Now im stuck with which engineering to choose.I heard that civil is saturated and most other engineering programmes are male dominated.Not chemical engineering because i don't like doing chemistry.Which engineering to choose ?
which country r u from??