• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chem P1 and P2: DiscussiOn

Reaction score
Dashey said:
yayyyy i also wrote sulfuric acid!! :D

hey guys listen carefully now!!
i did a big blunder in p2!!! :O
i started doin it..and it ws so easy i din even bothered to check d question numbers.!!
anyways i din even knew when did section b started and as fr d choice i left 1 question!!
NOW I M NT SURE DAT WHETHER I LEFT 1 QUESTION OR 2..!!! :S
i remember d last question i did was sumfin bout potassium manganate in which we had to describe X's properties.!!
IF IT REALLY WAS THE LAST QUESTION THAN IM SAFE AND IF IT WASN'T MAYBE I LEFT a 10 mark QUESTION MAN!!
HELP ME IF SUMONE OF U REMEMBER PLZ!! :(

what do u mean??
there wre a total ov 10 questions in part A(A1, A2, A3, A4, A5 and A6) in B(B7, B8, B9, B10) which question dd u leave??

Reaction score
was da ans to catalyst in true equilibrium reaction " it catalyses 4rwrd reaction"?

Reaction score
jafar said:
in endothermic we have to decrease the temperature to get more product, but they increased increased the temperature so more reactants wil form, and the purple colur of HI will get lighter,
NO THIS IS NOT THE CASE
IN ENDOTHERMIC REACTION INCREASING TEMPERATURE FAVORS THE FORWARD REACTION AND IODINE IS USED UP WHICH IS A PURPLE VAPOR AND HI IS COLORLESS
CATALYSTS INORGANIC OR ORAGNIC
WHAT ABT PLYMER NT DESTROYED BY WATER

Reaction score
JAMES SMITH said:
jafar said:
in endothermic we have to decrease the temperature to get more product, but they increased increased the temperature so more reactants wil form, and the purple colur of HI will get lighter,
NO THIS IS NOT THE CASE
IN ENDOTHERMIC REACTION INCREASING TEMPERATURE FAVORS THE FORWARD REACTION AND IODINE IS USED UP WHICH IS A PURPLE VAPOR AND HI IS COLORLESS
CATALYSTS INORGANIC OR ORAGNIC
WHAT ABT PLYMER NT DESTROYED BY WATER

james u r correct....jaffar was wrong....
about polymer u could explain anything how the polymer cannot be broken by bacteria in the water due to so many strong covalent bonds....there r more than one resons here

Reaction score
yup james is right...in endothermic the forward reaction is increased by increasing temp and iodine vapours are purple in color...as the conc of iodine decreases due to the increased forward reaction, the color becomes lighter...and the answer to the mcq regarding that catalyst was that they do not take place in the chemical reaction...they only lower the activation energy...

Reaction score
polymer is not attacked by water down due to 2 reasons...firstly it is non-biodegradable....secodly, it was made by addition polymerisation and is saturated

Reaction score
yea myne is rong, uptil now i have lost 3 marx!!
we had to rite only 1 reason for why its not attacked by water.... which will be its nonbiodegradeable....
da answer of which natural molecule hasester link can be 'fats or lipids '

Reaction score
fh1992 said:
yup james is right...in endothermic the forward reaction is increased by increasing temp and iodine vapours are purple in color...as the conc of iodine decreases due to the increased forward reaction, the color becomes lighter...and the answer to the mcq regarding that catalyst was that they do not take place in the chemical reaction...they only lower the activation energy...

^True

Reaction score
fh1992 said:
polymer is not attacked by water down due to 2 reasons...firstly it is non-biodegradable....secodly, it was made by addition polymerisation and is saturated
YUP U R RITE
R U SURE IT WAS CATALYST DO NOT TAKE PART OR THAT ORGANIC ONE AM CNFUSED HERE

Reaction score
yup im sure...catalysts never take part in any reaction and just lower the activation energy...i dont think that any organic catalysts exist cuz catalysts are mostly transition elements or inorganic acids...

Reaction score
catalysts do take part in reactions because 1) they increase the speed of reaction 2) they form intermediate products

i am confused between organic and inorganic catalyst's option and the one about increasing the speed of forward reaction

i do not know of any organic catalyst for reversible reactions
secondly if the catalysts increase the speed of reaction then naturally speed of forward reaction would also be increased

Reaction score
when we write an equation for a reaction we never write the catalyst in the equation, and aftr the reaction the mass of the catalyst remains same, this shows that catalysts dont take part in the rection themselves, but only speed up the reaction!!

Reaction score
catalysts forward reaction speed up krte hain this ones the ryt ans organic wala ghalat hai n the 1 which said catalysts take part in chemical reaction is a ryt thing bt nt the ryt answer cz thats true fr all reactions nt just equilibrium reactions n catalysts lower down the activation eenergy nt provide energy so that makes the last option automatically wrong!

Reaction score
wat was the ion in the mcq part and what was the answer of ur second mole question the one other than 75000dm3

Reaction score
book worm said:
catalysts do take part in reactions because 1) they increase the speed of reaction 2) they form intermediate products

i am confused between organic and inorganic catalyst's option and the one about increasing the speed of forward reaction

i do not know of any organic catalyst for reversible reactions
secondly if the catalysts increase the speed of reaction then naturally speed of forward reaction would also be increased
basically it was talkin abt reversible reaction and option said catalysts only increases forward reaction and this is wrong
whereas as organic catalysts what do u ppl think of enzymes??? :?

Reaction score
there r two types of catalysts inorganic or positive and organic or negative
but typical equilibrium he asked so i hope that the one which says catalyst do not take part in chemical reaction must be crrct
bcz taking part means they react so bw this and organic one option am cnfused

Reaction score
@habib123: the answer of the volume was 750000dm3
and which mcq r u referring to??