• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chem P1 and P2: DiscussiOn

Reaction score
the 4th one what was the anion or cation whichever they asked
secondly im talking about the second moles question in part b wat was its answer other than the one u gave answer too

Reaction score
actually i dnt remember the questions, if u do post them here i'll give u da answer,
na dda moles 1 in which we had to tAKe HI out from 43.5 g of hydrogen???

Reaction score
habib123 said:
the 4th one what was the anion or cation whichever they asked
secondly im talking about the second moles question in part b wat was its answer other than the one u gave answer too
Cl-

Reaction score
it was to be solved like this

2g of H2-------256 g of HI
43.5g --------- z

then we will cross multiply like this

2z = 256 x 43.5
z = 5568g

Reaction score
yea, i hav dun many pastpapers nd in mark schemes its written that it can be correct if for example if the answer is 558.55, the answers correct wud be 558 , 559 , 558.5

Reaction score
what was the answer to the mcq regarding catalyst?
I chose option D because catalyst provide the activation energy to start the reaction
A is wrong because catalyst in equilibrium reactions are always inorganic
B is wrong I think because catalyst actually takes part in reaction because it forums intermediate compounds but it is recovered at the end of reaction (Source: Chemistry book by prescott)
C it was rubbish

Also in drawing the structure of monomer in question A5 was the full structural formula needed??

Reaction score
The answer was B, they do not take part in the reaction..
nd yea structural formula WAS needed

Reaction score
1.what was answer to the mcq regarding the "dilute sugar solution"?
2. what was the dry gas, i choosed hydrogen, iz it rite?
3. i did not understood the questions which told about the electrons and positive ions, when current is passed through them. what u guyz choosed for that?
4. the mcq which show the reversible reaction at equilibrium, and contain Ag, Ag3+, Fe2+ (something like that). what did u guyz choosed? it was a difficult one.

Reaction score
1) i think it was water molecules close 2 gether as it was very dilute nd sugar molcules far apart with random movement

2) Hydrogen ;)

3) electrons do not change, ions do change when electricity is passed through them!!

4) i dnt remember dis 1 ( please tell more details)

Reaction score
DASHEY sadly it wasnt the last Q.... last q was bout the nitrates test and stuff....

Reaction score
jafar said:
1) i think it was water molecules close 2 gether as it was very dilute nd sugar molcules far apart with random movement

2) Hydrogen ;)

3) electrons do not change, ions do change when electricity is passed through them!!

4) i dnt remember dis 1 ( please tell more details)

o boy.... in metals electrons move and not ions when electricity is passed... s ans was b... that electrons will be replaced by new... postive ions stay at there place

Reaction score
i also wrote chose the option tht electrons will be replaced with new and positive ions wud stay same .. is it right ? cuz i think in metals electrical conductivity is due to the movement of electrons..

Reaction score
Answer to the Catalyst MCQ!

The Simple Answer = A : Catalyst can be Organic or Inorganic.

Complexed Answer=

Option B was Incorrect because it stated that Catalyst don't take part in the reaction which is FALSE because they DO take part in the reaction. We now know that a catalyst will be a reactant in one step of a reaction mechanism, and will be a product in a subsequent step in the mechanism, so that it **appears** that the catalyst does not take part in the reaction. Before the end of the reason the catalyst is regenerated .

The other option that caused confusion was that Catalyst helped Forwards reaction, this is true in all cases other then the one stated in the question, Dynamic equilibrium. In such reactions Catalyst only help reach equilibrium as fast as possible, (thus speeding up the reaction).

Over all Organic catalyst CAN catalyze reversible reactions. For example, there is an enzyme that catalyzes a reversible reaction in which ammonium ion and a-ketoglutarate are combined to form glutamate.

Reaction score
beststriker said:
1.what was answer to the mcq regarding the "dilute sugar solution"?
2. what was the dry gas, i choosed hydrogen, iz it rite?
3. i did not understood the questions which told about the electrons and positive ions, when current is passed through them. what u guyz choosed for that?
4. the mcq which show the reversible reaction at equilibrium, and contain Ag, Ag3+, Fe2+ (something like that). what did u guyz choosed? it was a difficult one.

1. sugar particles far apart.. water particles close together.. bot mmoving at random..
2. hydrogen.
3.electrons replaced by new.. positive ions unchanged..
4. i think it was H2O...(D)

Reaction score
CATALYST ONE WAS BIT COMPLEX BUT THEY ASKED ABT TYPICAL EQULIBRIUM
DURING HABER PROCESS IRON ADSORB GASES AND DO NOT TAKE PART
SO3 AGAIN GASES R ADSORBED SO CATALYST DO NOT TAKE PART IN TYPICAL EQUILIBRIUM REACTION I THINK