• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry 42....how did it go?..expected GT

Reaction score
hahaha gr8 I think i did the same and on the very net page the isomers were????/ secondary and tertiary alcohols!!!!!!!!!
I gues?????
I think there could be many possible answers for that question. However, the compound is already a tertiary alcohol, so I doubt whether another tertiary alcohol could be an isomer.

Reaction score
i thought it was a good paper... i have more mistakes in p2 than i did in p4.... Apart from App, pap went excellent...:) hoping around 75 to 80...

Reaction score
Juglone doesn't have an ester, but compound D does.
U can make isomer of that with the Juglone cuz it has an OH group :D
But my point wasnt that my point was that they said have same functional groups but at different position rite they said in the question
So it was positional isomerism u get me?So u shift the OH to other place so it becomes different Isomer with Different position of ester which gives different position of ester got it ?

Reaction score
U can make isomer of that with the Juglone cuz it has an OH group :D
But my point wasnt that my point was that they said have same functional groups but at different position rite they said in the question
So it was positional isomerism u get me?So u shift the OH to other place so it becomes different Isomer with Different position of ester which gives different position of ester got it ?
no dude, I remember the question particularly mentioning that the bonds were in the same location. So, I remember that for certain this should be a Stereoisomer, but I just couldn't figure out which type. Finally, I just drew a mirror image :)

Reaction score
no dude, I remember the question particularly mentioning that the bonds were in the same location. So, I remember that for certain this should be a Stereoisomer, but I just couldn't figure out which type. Finally, I just drew a mirror image :)

I am sure ur rite.Can u draw the transor cis of that pls kindly or trans of that if it is cis already.Because rotation along the double bond is not possible if the two cyclic molecules are attached,but still draw and kindly upload i dint drew it.
Btw first criteria of the optical isomer is chiral carbon which due to having double bond it will not be chiral so u cnt reflect it.
Afterall all the isomers of lawsone is listed by wikipedia if u refer to the website it will mention.
Even i dint draw it right.
Enought was the crohmate enought -this one i got 0.9somethjng
where are u givin the exam? my be we were in same center or country or may be not if u like tell only no force.

Reaction score
I am sure ur rite.Can u draw the transor cis of that pls kindly or trans of that if it is cis already.Because rotation along the double bond is not possible if the two cyclic molecules are attached,but still draw and kindly upload i dint drew it.
Btw first criteria of the optical isomer is chiral carbon which due to having double bond it will not be chiral so u cnt reflect it.
Afterall all the isomers of lawsone is listed by wikipedia if u refer to the website it will mention.
Even i dint draw it right.
Enought was the crohmate enought -this one i got 0.9somethjng
where are u givin the exam? my be we were in same center or country or may be not if u like tell only no force.
Ok ok, if u did so much research then it should probably be right.
Wasn't E-naught for Chromate +1.33 or something like that?
I'm giving the exam from China :p

Reaction score
Ok ok, if u did so much research then it should probably be right.
Wasn't E-naught for Chromate +1.33 or something like that?
I'm giving the exam from China :p
well ya it was 1.33 but the formula is
some of oxidation potential and reduction potential
They said it oxidises the A to get lawsone
so chromate gets reduced
so sum will be
1.33-0.36=0.97
they gave reduction potential as 0.36 so oxidation is -0.36 and thts y i took -ve of that and added

Reaction score
well ya it was 1.33 but the formula is
some of oxidation potential and reduction potential
They said it oxidises the A to get lawsone
so chromate gets reduced
so sum will be
1.33-0.36=0.97
they gave reduction potential as 0.36 so oxidation is -0.36 and thts y i took -ve of that and added
I don't get it, but that question was a goner anyway.
gud luck for ur other tests (y)