• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry 42....how did it go?..expected GT

Reaction score
well sticky mucus one was dipole-dipole ryt...??cnt be vdw for sure,,,,,bt cn be H bond

MER

Reaction score
Hey guys, there was only 1 question regarding some sort of sodium phenoxide molecule and acyl chloride right? How much was that part of the question worth? 3 or 5 marks?

Reaction score
mucus has hydrogen and disulfide bridges
how cud one guess this from the info???
well i bleive VDW is absolutelly false....and H bonds seems to me the msot appropriate anser.....bt wats its justification.......assuming u dont knw anything else abt mucus except wats given in question.....i mean u dont knw that its a glycoprotien

Reaction score
well for enthaply change of hydration definition....i wrote when ion completely dissolves in excess of water.......is it ryt or was it a must to mention infinitely dilute soln.?

MER

Reaction score
@hassam- it's right... btw how much was the part concerning reaction kinetics worth, 4 or 5 marks? I'm hoping that the GT will between 55-60 as it's difficulty level seemed to equal that of May/June 2011 p41.

Reaction score
GT will be around 65 or low... coz they check for minor details and even if the paper is easy u do make many minor mistakes

Reaction score
how cud one guess this from the info???
well i bleive VDW is absolutelly false....and H bonds seems to me the msot appropriate anser.....bt wats its justification.......assuming u dont knw anything else abt mucus except wats given in question.....i mean u dont knw that its a glycoprotien
hahah... rightt.. actually i was studying abt cystic fibrosis and by luck came across mucus structure so i remebrd it well :)

Reaction score
Can ny1 tell the rest of this Q??? The one tht had the mechanism fr isomers fr last 3marks of organic?

The isomer is Positional isomerism.Means u can shift ester bond to other part of the molecule on the benzene because after all benzene is kekule structured.
Preferably It means u shift OH to the benzene ring.

The mechanism is esterification normal mechanism.
But they will reach molecule D finally which If we dont know that D which was Isomer of C how
we can do the mechanism even. :((

Reaction score

The isomer is Positional isomerism.Means u can shift ester bond to other part of the molecule on the benzene because after all benzene is kekule structured.
Preferably It means u shift OH to the benzene ring.

The mechanism is esterification normal mechanism.
But they will reach molecule D finally which If we dont know that D which was Isomer of C how
we can do the mechanism even. :((

Yar i dnt wana kno the ans cuz i dnt remembr the Q! Pls tellme this Question pls! And hw many marks was this!?

MER

Reaction score
Someone tell me how much mark the reaction kinetics was worth. Not the whole question that is, only the part concerning the reaction kinetics.