• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P1 and P2 today

Reaction score
i wrote nh4+ (4 idk wht lame reason) i jst thought ammonia will be produced so ammonium ions will be there and 4 the other ion i wrtoe al+3 cx of tht nitrate ion test v learnt...when sodium and aluminium ions come in contact ammonia is produced...but i guess i was applying the wrong concept at the wrong place
U mentioned the first one correct (y) but dude aluminium was not even used :D

Reaction score
i
+ electrons flow in every direction but electric kettle produce charges and negative charge repel electrons so electrons move in other direction but electrons do move towards the negative charge and positive. electrons move 2 way in ac but the negative charge forces electrons to change direction
think that ques asked abt electron movement regarding heat transfer not about current

Reaction score
same here...though i did do it! but i did it after the time was over,,,did the steps etc but im 100000000% sure its wrong... bullshit i wrote!
maybe something might be correct :) after the time was over? how? they allowed you? I couldnt concentrate on it! my mind had suddenly stopped working, i knew i wont be able to find the answer at that point. 3 marks!!!!

Reaction score
in previous years ac dc questions came in chemistry so these currents r in the syllabus see for your self in past pprs and sciences r sciences in chemistry proton electrons and neutrons r basic chapter. same is the cas with phys it also contains these things in last chap. a kettle runs on AC not DC and when heated Ac currents vary so do the movement of electrons
I did chem past pprz till 2005, did not cum across any such ques. The only topic in which v relate electricity with battery supply is electrochemistry. For movement of electrons, we just need to know they move from negative to positive. N about those electric kettles, they can work perfectly on D.C supply as well

Reaction score
ok to sum up p2:
A1. sulfur, calcium, barium, iron, carbon, lithium, ammonia,
A2. scientist r worried of increased pollution and depleting fossil fuel, C6H12O6+ 6O2--->6CO2+ 6H20, energy evolved during bond making is greated than energy absorbed during bond breaking, diagram exothermic
A3. al is positive and lose three electrons as metal r positive too and lose electrons(I- and Br- opposite of this statement), stronge forces in solid and weak in liquid + vibrate at fixed position in solids and move freely in liquid, IBr I-Br(make sure u make dot cross diagram this is just to provide example), Bromine decolourise from brown, al is a low density metal, oxide layer prevent reactions.
A4. Fractional distillation and boiling point, Reaction of cracking, Polymer structure (idk), steam + phosphoric acid and 300*C 50-70 atm
A5. Emperical formula to show H4NO3V, it acts as a catalyst or coloured compound, NH4+ & VO3-, oxidise because it reduces, ammonia
A6. iron reduce as it gain electrons, iron excess, pink deposits and green ppt, reaction occurs
B7. Flask + syringe+ stopwatch+ burette, Mg(OH)2 + 2HCl -----> MgCl2 + 2H20 & CaCO3+ 2HCl ------> CaCl2 + Co2 + H2O , 0.004 moles, 0.4g, increase concentration more fruitful collisions
B8. (not done)
B9. C H O , Propanol, C10H22O, No trend shown, Butyl Ethanoate, K2CrO7 and heat under reflux, CO and h20
B10. Mg2+ & O2- , Mg give 1 more electron to oxygen than sodium to chlorine, solid- ions fixed & molten- ions free to move, Ag2(aq)+, 2Cl-(aq)---->AgCl2(s), 0.15g(not confirmed about this)
+ why carboxlyic acid do not combust??