• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 61

how was it?

• Total voters
Reaction score
i was so xctided i got 10 alerts....
i was on the 4th page...reading how ppl were whacking their wits out....and i realized i have 17 more pages to read....and that ppl are still commenting....replying...blah blah
n thn i was like ***********************************************
also someone actually replied to one of the first post...in the last pg!!
-_________- are u kiddin me???!

PEOPLE go study for physics or business....ths p6 is 20% only
LOL!! :p

Reaction score
i just knew the answer for the copper test tube thing !
in fact copper is aconducter of heat so it conducts heat fast so heat will be conducted to the water faster but once the heat is stopped the water will lose heat fast as well
and as the final temp is measured directly after the flame is extinguished so the answer will be that the difrrence increases not decreases
hope you guys understood !
and btw i did it wrong !

Reaction score
I said the copper absorbs heat so there won,t be much change in the temperature and results would be inaccurate
is that right?

Reaction score
please what about the first question that says how the student know that all acid had reached can we say change in colour take place

Reaction score
i dun remember the question :$ elaborate plzz

It was thhe questiion where you heated(a lot) iron(II)sulphate
It would form Iron-oxide, SO2, SO3 if it said just heat then it would dehydrate but it said heat for a long time.....so it would decompose into these 3 things...

Reaction score
It was thhe questiion where you heated(a lot) iron(II)sulphate
It would form Iron-oxide, SO2, SO3 if it said just heat then it would dehydrate but it said heat for a long time.....so it would decompose into these 3 things...
the question asked about when they boil the solution
water evaporate
solution is concentrated
at point of crystallisation crystals formed
they didnt say anything about boiling to dryness so i dont think anhydrous would be appropriate here

Reaction score
How about the table of results/observations ? what was the conclusion ? I didnt understand what was the gas that formed a white solid on top and turned litmus paper blue ?

I wrote ammonium carbonate btw ...but the question is for 2 marks ...i doubt tht this answer will get both marks !

Reaction score
ALRIGHT THEN
I just called a friend
It was IODIDE
But even then, silver iodide and lead iodide are broth bright yellow
Whatever imma go study physics, no need to dwell on whats over
i wrote burette aswell :p
thnk u. dats really swt of u! :X3::D;)
the second graph was easy, i dun understand y people are facing problem?
You just had to make a line from 1-6 (24cm cube) and then 1 smallll line from 6-7 .. thats it
ok gd luck for your next exams then :) and btw do u do business?

Was the second graph like this???

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 27