• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry, Physics, Biology Paper 3 GUESS

Reaction score
Hi any guess for those paper 3 practicals?

Some people GUESS:
P34 Chemistry -

QUESTION 1 - ENTHALPY CHANGE
Involving Na2CO3 and NaHCO3, percentage impurity, and simple calorimeter

QUESTION 2 - CATIONS ANIONS
(Please confirm this section)

(PROBABLY QUESTION 3 - ORGANIC TEST)
using 2-4,dinitrophenylhydrazine, and we will be asked to determine the functional group of certain things, wethr it is aldehyde or ketone (or maybe benzaldehyde). So basically it need us to test for carbonyl functional group.

P34 Biology - Sucrase (or Catalase) and bronchiole (or liver) slide

P34 Physics - oscillation with glass prism and something with magnet

addition?? correction??

Reaction score
sse2010 said:
oil viscosity?? wat kind ov practical wud dat be???

i practiced about that in my laboratory and it was like...

You put viscous oil into a graduated cylinder.
Set initial and final point.
Drop a mass from initial point and you need to record the time taken by mass to travel from initial to final point which is extremely hard due to human's reaction time.

Any idea?

Reaction score
havnt performd this experiment but i remember the same qs was in phy paper 5 june 07....though it wasnt a practical

Reaction score
MAVtKnmJ said:
P34 Physics - oscillation with glass prism ... what do you mean?

erm... well i did this practical too last week but will redo it again sometime this week with my teacher.
So we need to set up apparatus which to me resembles a seesaw, then you need to push one side of the iron rod to make it oscillate, then calculate things.

but well, i dont know, let me tell you when it is confirmed sometime before the D day :geek:

Reaction score
@blakckvelvet

How do u set initial nd final position?

nd do u or nyone know which is the graph question?

Reaction score
it is up to you, although so better set it as high and as low as possible to maximize the time.

the graph... I do know but I forgot LOL ill confirm it to the forum later

Reaction score
chemistry we're not sure, for 33 there's thermometer, we suspect it's a graph question and yes, confirm there is no titration, gonna be hard this time.

Reaction score
Okay, thanks, waiting for your update!

P.S I don't know why people keep asking your location, it's clearly mentioned in your "Location" bar lol

Reaction score
MAVtKnmJ said:
Okay, thanks, waiting for your update!

P.S I don't know why people keep asking your location, it's clearly mentioned in your "Location" bar lol

LOL my bad... I just filled out my location bar since everyone made a fuss about that, so yeah.

Reaction score
yes in chem p33.....
there would be a question related to energetics which involves graph work........
n there would be no titration as stated be4...
so a salt anaylasis question confirmed with more than five salts given

Reaction score
more than 5 salts??!! Any ideas which are them? Are they hard to identify? Sometimes the chemical just go wrong and you couldn't get the correct answer, and sometimes for the test of gas evolved, you only got 1 chance.

Reaction score
@ lee91:

no idea dude of those salts...bt i heard frm sum1 that the cation can vbe chromium manganese n 1 more trasition element...bt its wat i heard ...not so sure abt the nature of slats....

ssy

Reaction score
hey blak velvt.plz try 2 cnfrm slyd of bio p3.n oh by d way try fynding out chem p3/34.i really need 2 know dt.plz rply soon

Reaction score
@ssy: well if you need to know then help me out by asking everyone else! LOL

I'll confirm the Biology P33 sometime today, since my school is conducting a practice experiment today! So keep yourself updated.

Reaction score
If you're getting paper 33, maybe, just maybe, you're gonna be assigned for an experiment related to osmosis.
for the semi permeable membrane they will have to use a visking tubing *which will be provided later* for conducting the exp

good luck!