• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Come on, making tables is a child's play. Besides you should'v practiced this before or asked for it way before not now!!!
I think any reasonable table is fine.
and any uncertainties of the apparatus i should know ?
thermometer and burette and balance.
and to what decimal places and the significant figures should i be taking for the above mentioned readings ?

omg

Reaction score
does anyone have any tips for paper 3
When ever you write an observation for a gas, you have to give a test for it to or else no marks
And when you add NaOH or NH3 you have to mention solubility in excess or else no marks
They usually give those instructions in the question
When a given test has like a few parts such as
Add NaOH then Hcl then leave to stand, you have to specify which result for which test, even though overall it's one test
Write it like, white ppt on adding NaOH, effervescence on adding HCl etc
And when you're giving the reason for the cation and anion you suggested, specify "in test (a)...."
When you make a table for water of crystallisation or thermal decomposition, make sure you have atleast 5 readings, like all masses, temperatures and stuff
And when you show repeats for them, show the last to values as constant, cause only then you know that all water has been driven off or if compound has fully decomposed p
For titration 1 rough, 3 accurates
Out of 3 accurates, 2 should be same

Reaction score
and some tips regarding kMnO4- titration ???
Use better hand for controlling burette tap thing. Shake flask with the other.... Ummm. Make sure you don't add extra.
Make sure your results are concordant. DONT have two titration values that are within 0.2 or 0.1 of each other, and a third one outside of range. If that happens dont record the result. However, first one being out of range and last two being concordant is acceptable.

Reaction score
Hey guys, can someone please help me with M/J 2005 Q2b(i)?? :(:( I can't seem to find the order of reactions ):​

Reaction score
hello, i am just new to this community:)
i have one question pls
what happens if for titration u don't get ur results the same as the teacher's or it is not within the range of the teacher's? Do u get the whole titration wrong or will there be any error carrried forward marks?
My cousin just took her exam and she is freaking out as she didn't get the same results as the teacher's

Reaction score
i have one question pls
what happens if for titration u don't get ur results the same as the teacher's or it is not within the range of the teacher's? Do u get the whole titration wrong or will there be any error carrried forward marks?
My cousin just took her exam and she is freaking out as she didn't get the same results as the teacher's
3 marks are deducted only

omg

Reaction score
i have one question pls
yes , only 3 marks are deducted. she will get marks for the table, headings, calculations and 1 mark for her values.

Reaction score
How many marks would be deducted if i performed the experiment wrong
I didnt add till 45 cm3 as i read it wrong and thought total volume to be 45 cm3 of solution
Would i still be getting marks for graph since i fulfilled all the requirements and 2-3 out of 4 for tabletable and calculations?